The One and Only

The Beginning of Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica’s POV

 

I was lying down on my bed, doing nothing or more like texting with her. That special someone. Yes, her. You didn’t hear it wrong. I fell in love with this girl that I just knew several days ago through my friend. I mean not really my friend though because it was more like my ex. Complicated? I know right.

 

So long story short, this girl was my ex’s friend and they knew each other first hand. My ex sometimes told me stories about this girl too but I didn’t think about it that much. I figured that my ex liked this girl so I only listen to it without thinking much about it until this girl insisted my ex to introduce us. She literally insisted my ex to introduce us several times.

 

Funny? Yes. It is.

 

I laughed while remembering that time. My ex told me several times that her friend which is this girl, wanted to know me and I was thinking how weird this person can be. But this girl didn’t give up at all so finally I gave in and I allowed my ex to introduce us.

 

It was nothing in the beginning with this girl, like no feeling involved, it was only about talking, teasing, and flirting. Literally we told each other that this was only for fun, like I didn’t want to be with anyone and so did her. We both were on the same page and were very clear on that. I even reminded her not to fall for me.

 

Funny. I know right.

 

We talked with each other all day long and called just before we go to sleep and suddenly, the feeling started forming without we both even realize it. It happened out of nowhere. It’s like what people said about falling in love. You wouldn’t know it happen until it did, exactly like this.

 

We both didn’t realize it. But the funny thing is that, I think that she will fall for me and she thinks that I will fall for her. We didn’t think that we ourself would fall for each other. Funny right?

 

So we called each other last night until it was very late, maybe until around 2 am. I didn’t know the exact time we ended the call but I knew for sure that it was pretty late already. I still remember in the back of my head what she asked me last night because it kept ringing in my head nonstop and this was what happen.

 

“Hey, can I ask you something?” She asked me, stopping me from ending the call.

 

“Hmm? What is it?”

 

“Hmm.. Nevermind. Just forget it.” She answered.

 

“What? Why?” I quickly turned my body around, trying to guess what she was about to ask me.

 

“Okay so..” she paused, I guess she was debating with herself to ask me or to leave it.

 

“Yes?” I replied, waiting in anticipation.

 

“So what would you say if I say I love you to you?” she finally asked me after a long pause from the latter.

 

I still remember that my heart stopped for a second after hearing what she said but because it was so late and I was so sleepy already. I quickly replied her without even thinking about it or thinking about the outcome of my answer. I just replied her with what was on my mind the moment I heard what she said.

 

“I love you too.” I whispered in a cute tone.

 

Last night, my heart was beating rapidly and I could tell that my face was getting hotter after I told her that I love her too. I remember that she didn’t say anything for several minutes maybe because I caught her off guard too or she was too shy to say anything. Soon after, she let out a small chuckle, gaining my attention back.

 

“Okay, go to sleep now.” She said after chuckling.

 

I chuckled along with her and we ended the call but before I went to sleep, I remember that we still continued texting again. So I grabbed my phone and started re-reading our chat last night.

 

Jess: I love you too. Am I too sweet??

 

I noticed that I texted her first.

 

Tae: Yes you are, very sweet.

 

I smiled reading her reply. My heart was filled with love and happiness.

 

Jess: So how do you feel when I said I love you too?

 

Tae: Actually, I did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter