Kissing A Rose

Kissing a Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life wasn’t something
we were supposed to be
good at, it’s something
we’re supposed to live
through.

 

i am just finding this out.

 

- r.m broderick



Present

 

Winter wasn’t really Eunji’s favorite season. It was cold. It was slippery. It was mainly a hassle for her fashion. Winter was never her favorite. She was more of a summer kind of girl and she loved it. She loved the sun, the sports bras, the loose shirts. Winter wasn’t really Eunji’s favorite season. But it was Chorong’s.

 

So even though she’d rather sleep in until who knows when, she had to get up, prepare herself to look presentable and head out to see her favorite person in the whole universe. Chorong was an hour away from where she lived. That meant an hour of coldness because the winter breeze was never friendly with her. She felt her lips chapped as soon as she inhaled. Eunji mentally cursed and continued walking.

 

Of course, it was mandatory that she visit the flower shop and get her girlfriend slash fiance slash wife slash everything her favorite roses. As Eunji pushed the door open, she heard the familiar wind chimes, “Good day! Welcome to the Pulower Shop!”

 

“Hey, Naeun. Got some fresh roses for me?” Eunji smiled and gave the store owner a small wave.

 

Naeun returned her warm smile and answered, “Yeah. Fany just received them earlier. The usual?”

 

“No, I’d want some peach, pink, and a bit of red as well please. Do you think you can make something out of those colors?”

 

The taller girl nodded and went back to get the flowers Eunji requested, “Don’t doubt my flower arrangement skills.”

 

“I never doubted you,” Eunji chuckled and then stopped. “Also, could you add a bit of wisteria as decorations? I remember that she mentioned that she loved those as well.”

 

“You really love Chorong, huh?” Naeun came back with the flowers between her hands. She was looking at Eunji with hopeful eyes but the girl looked away and scratched her nape.

 

“Is it that bad?”

 

Naeun smiled but shook her head, “I’m sure Chorong feels the same way.”

 

Eunji hummed and played with the necklace she and Chorong bought for their seventh anniversary. She kept quiet as Naeun arranged the flowers. As soon as Naeun was done, Eunji paid for it and was on her way.

 

For the ninth time, she almost slipped and she cursed the weather. Actually, she cursed the season. If she didn’t love Chorong so much, she wouldn’t go out in this cursed weather. Upon reaching the place where she would see Chorong, Eunji bit her lip in excitement and entered.

 

“Hey,” she sat down and gave the bouquet, “I added a little twist this time, baby. I hope you still like it.”

 

Eunji felt at peace and closed her eyes, thankful for the peaceful moment with Chorong.



A few hours later, Eunji was still seated with her arms stretched backwards, supporting her weight. “Rong, you remember when we went for a trip and you almost choked me because I forgot to bring an extra pair of undies?”



3 years ago

 

“Eunji! Of all things to forget?! It’s your underwear? What kind of packing did you do?!” Chorong pinched her cheek and dragged her across the room, away from the people and towards their room. She was mad about Eunji confessing that she needed to drop by the nearest convenience store to buy disposable underwear.

 

“I’m so sorry, I packed the essentials!” she defended herself.

 

Chorong crossed her arms and stared at Eunji, “What do you mean essential? Underwears are essential!”

 

Eunji scurried to open her luggage and brought a jacket out, “I got this jacket because I know how you can’t sleep when it’s cold.” She also brought out a bottle of vitamins, “And vitamins because I saw that your stock was already out. Also some band aids because somehow you always end up scratching yourself and I don’t want it getting infected.”

 

She continued to bring out stuff from her luggage. Stuff that was for Chorong to use. Be it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter