Anniversary accidents

Anniversary accidents

It was finally today, I thought as I woke up. Gentle spring rain was hitting our bedroom window. I had planned to surprise Ryujin for our one year anniversary with breakfast in bed. I ever so carefully got out of bed, without waking her up. The warmth of the sleep still lingered on my skin, so I put on my fluffiest hoodie and sneaked quietly to the kitchen.

 

But trying to make breakfast with as minimal noise as possible proved to be more difficult than I previously expected. Every sound was so much louder than usual. Frying anything on the frying pan was out of the window so I decided to just settle for toast and tea. I almost dropped my precious tea cup that Ryujin had got me last year as a birthday present, but I caught it just in time. 

 

I sighed in relief but I shouldn't have celebrated so early.

 

The kettle began making a crystal clear whistle to kindly inform me of the water boiling. It was like all hell broke loose. I got spooked out of my skin by the noise and the tea cup dropped from my hands onto the ground.

 

I saw Ryujin appear from our bedroom, eyes still shut from the deep slumber I interrupted her from, looking as adorable as ever. "Yuna, what's going on?" she mumbled. "I just dropped the tea cup" I said as I began to clean up all the little pieces from the ground. "Why were you making tea? You don't usually drink tea… and why are you up so early?"

 

"I wanted to do something special for unnie because it's our anniversary…" I said sadly as the surprise was spoiled. "Awww baby, when I get to wake up next to the most beautiful girl every day, it's more than enough" she said while staring lovingly at me. I could feel my cheeks heating up. "We can make breakfast together and eat in bed while watching a movie, how's that sound?" she suggested. I nodded and collected the last pieces from the ground.

 

Ryujin fried eggs and bacon for us. I made tea for Ryujin and got myself some apple juice. She snickered as I was pouring a glass. "A child", I could hear her say. I just went over to her and kissed her sweetly on the cheek. You could see her cheeks from a mile away. 

 

After that, we ate in our bed and cuddled as we watched all of the Harry Potter movies.

 

So, our anniversary didn't go as planned but I think it turned out better.