Wave Scenario

Wave Scenario
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

There are things in life that simply happened because the waves will it....a wave that will take you by surprise...

 

One second you are thinking that you're swimming to where exactly you want to be. Then at the next, along the constant pads of your tail you will realize that the waves took you to someplace else, a world unknown. A world you did not dream of knowing but the waves decreed that you are to be a part of it.

 

That was me.

 

I used to be content in the water that I am in... But the waves had different plans for me.

 

 

June.

"What? What do you need?!"

"Seaweed soup, do you want?"

"Argh, I am not playing games, Chan"

"June, it's a silent day. Peace has finally come to our HQ. Loosen up. Smile."

"Are you mocking me?"

"Hahaha, geez, fish friend. It was just an advice.”

"Thanks for the unsolicited advice. May I remind you that I can no longer smile?"

"Ah, yes, the witch has taken your smile. May I also remind you that that was such a stupid decision. More of like a stu-fish move"

June lifted his special trident that was lying on his marble table. It looks like a fork based on human standard but when he touch it, the fork tips emit an electric current that hit Chan's unsuspecting hands. A low spark of lightning.

"Ow! What was that for?!"

"That is for bothering my silent day. And for making that not-so-funny-joke about me being stu-fish."

Chan looked at him for awhile before laughing out loud.

"June, you got it bad."

"What?"

"My friend, you need to regain your smile. You’re getting worse by each passing day. I thought you're bad before, but now, you're just worse."

"Chan, we've talked about this. I did that out of duty. It is what I do best. Now, the shark heads are happy, the neighbourhood---"

June? Are you real?

"Who's that?"

June.

"What's wrong, June?"

"Chan, do you hear that?"

"What? I don't hear anything."

"Am I losing my mind?"

"Ah, friend, hearing voices that are not here is one of the signs. So, yes. I will not be surprised if that happens. Who bargains for his smile just to find an ocean criminal?"

He zapped Chan again with his small trident. But his friend managed to move away quickly, "I am just stating my thoughts, jeez! Zapping me whenever you want is power abuse!"

"You're annoying"

"I am your friend"

June? Help me!

It hit him then. The voice. The voice he hears in his mind. It was from her.

"Call me when you need me" his final words before leaving her and swimming back to the ocean.

"No, it can't be."

"What, no? I am your friend, right?"

"Chan, I think someone needs my help."

"Huh? There are no reports of a missing fish or merpeople yet today. No alert for earthquake wave calls. So, what are you talking about?"

"The human female I saved. She's calling me in her mind."

"Human?! You bound yourself with a human female?! Oh my fishtail!"

Before his friend could ask more questions, he was already swimming away. June felt the urgency in her plea. If something bad happened, he needs to know she's safe. He swam as fast as he could.

But then...

As he swam, his body slowly turned into bubbles.

“No,” he whispered before his body completely disappeared into the ocean water.

 

Mina covered with both of her hands. Still wet from her short swim from the ocean, her emerald-colored two piece bikini blended in the leaves and shrub growing at the back of the summer villa, where she was staying with her Aunt Yuri and her cousin, Sana. Her late Uncle Khun’s wife and daughter with whom after two years, the authorities still wasn't able to find his body from the shipwreck that Mina was the only survivor.

What truly happened that night was still vague in Mina's memory, except for one name, June and the last words that he said to her. "Call me when you need me."

Looking at the men in black jackets that were coming out from the villa did not alarm her, she was used to people dressed in black, posing as bodyguards, with the wealth her family has. It's already a common thing but what alarmed her were the two body bags that they were carrying out of the villa.

Out of fear, she uttered the one name that had soothed her since the shipwreck. "June,” she whispered. Feeling a small amount of courage rising within, she dared saying, "June? Are you real?"

The men were about to pass through the path of plants where she was hiding. She tightened her hands covering and c

Please log in to read the full chapter