Final

Under The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The summer holiday is just around the corner. Han Soo Ah plan to have plenty of sleep and lots of rest during the holiday. She keeps smiling thinking about her sweet plan. She looks around the classroom and saw her classmate begin to plan how they will enjoy their summer holiday. She could hear some of them want to go for camping for a few nights at the beach. Some plan to go travel for a night or two.


“Soo Ah-ah, what you wants to do?” Min Chae Eun, her bestfriend asked. Soo Ah turn to her side to see Chae Eun with a little smile.


“Sleep.” Soo Ah answered makes Chae Eun smirk at her. Chae Eun irk at her answered. Actually she could guess what Soo Ah planning to do for her holiday but when she heard it out loud she feels annoying. Han Soo Ah is well known for a bookworm and no-jam person. Her thinking is so simple, naive and straightforward. Besides that, Chae Eun likes to called Soo Ah horse racing too because she only look ahead of her, her goal.

"You?" Soo Ah asked with a silly smiles. Chae Eun give her a smile that have so many meaning.

"Go date as many as I could. I will make up with all the lost time." Chae Eun answered makes Soo Ah shake her head slowly.

"You will make Johnny scare. Go easy on him." Soo Ah tease. Seo Johnny could hear them talking since he just sit behind Soo Ah.

"Actually I have the same planning too." Johnny cuts in.

"Love bird." Soo Ah said.

They started their class when their form teacher, Mr. Kim come in. After the first lesson finish, some students from other class begin to walk out the hallway to their next class. Soo Ah keep checking outside the classroom. She hopefully she could see her crush. Silently she crush on Jung Jaehyun even Chae Eun did not know about this. She feel embarrass to share this secret with Chae Eun. She feel like she did not know her own place. Jaehyun is out of her league.

Jaehyun is handsome, smart and popular among students. He not only good in study but sport too. He and Johnny are bestfriend. Soo Ah did not know much detail how they become friend but they always hangout together before and after school. His background also impressive. His father is CEO of big company. He is perfect but this is not why Soo Ah like him.

Soo Ah begin to like him when they coincidently do volunteer work at Orphanage last year. Soo Ah follow her mother to this Orphanage as they always do it yearly. Jaehyun come with her mother too. Turn out his mother and Soo Ah mother is belong to the same club. Soo Ah called it Mom's club since she did not really know what actually the club does. The only thing she know is they do a lot of charity work. Because of this too, Soo Ah always follow her mother do volunteer work since young age. 

**FLASH BACK**

Soo Ah did not know that Jaehyun come that day. She wash the blanket in the big basin using her feet at the backyard. Some of the blanket and clothes already on clothesline. She saw someone walk in between of the blanket. The blanket was fluttering because of the afternoon breeze. She could hear the childs laughter from the front yard too. Soo Ah saw Jaehyun walk alone between the blankets. He did not know that Soo Ah is there and watching him too. He was wearing headphone so he couldn't hear anyone. That's is not the first time for her to see Jaehyun. She know him because he is Johnny's friend and schoolmates.

Something was different about him that day. He is not the same Jaehyun she know about. He looks more handsome and attractive. His black hair seem like brownish under the sunlight. His skin look paler. He smiles maybe because he hear something funny or interesting. His sweet smiles almost melt Soo Ah's heart. It showing his dimples. Her heart start beating fast. She feel more hot under the sun and washing the blanket and bedsheet. 

"I'm in trouble.... I'm standing too long under the sun. My brain is start playing trick on me." Soo Ah tell herself and pull herself together before she lost her mind more. Soo Ah continue washing the blanket without looking at Jaehyun. 

"Soo Ah!!!" Someone was calling for Soo Ah so she turn around and saw Jaehyun's mother, Mrs. Jung. Soo Ah smile at her then look at Jaehyun way. He still standing there behind the blanket. She could see his shadow but don't know if he could hear them talking or not.

"Yes, Mrs. Jung..." 

"Stop working for a bit. Let's eat watermelon." Mrs. Jung said and walk toward her. Only then Soo Ah saw she was holding watermelon that already cuts in a small tray.

"I'm looking for Jaehyun. Do you see him?" She asked.

"NO!" Soo Ah said as if she been caught watching Jaehyun in secret. Mrs. Jung laugh at her a little, surprise.

"It's okay if you don't see him. If.... just if he come here, you can share this watermelon with him, right?" Soo Ah mentally scold herself for being overreacted. No one know Jaehyun is here and she did not do anything wrong why must she feel like she been caught.

"Sure, I will do that." Soo Ah calmly said and take the watermelon from her. She watch her leave first then put the watermelon on the picnic table near her. Soo Ah sit down there for a bit then saw Jaehyun come out from behind the clothesline. He was smiling at her.

"That watermelon is for me too...." He said nonchalantly. Soo Ah immediately know that he was hear them.

"You can sit down here and share it with me." Soo Ah said invited him. He nods and take a sit in front of her. He take a big bite of the watermelon. Soo Ah just looks at him only. Her eyes glued on him.

"Woww...so sweet." Jaehyun said. She smiles because he looks cute. Soo Ah take a big bite too. 

That afternoon they sit down there enjoying the sweet watermelon likes it natural between of them. Soo Ah get to know Jaehyun one step closer. Her impression of Jaehyun before also change. He did not that cold person but maybe shy only.

**END OF FLASH BACK**

Soo Ah saw Jaehyun walk at the hallway and she could feel her heart beating fast again. She's falling in love with Jaehyun. That's she is sure now after countless denying before. No matter what she told herself or reason, she finally come to conclusion that she like Jaehyun more than friend. After take a glance at Jaehyun, Soo Ah looks around her to check if someone caught her looking at Jaehyun. Suddenly Johnny taps on her shoulder. She turn around and saw Johnny smiling at her. It's smell fishy.

"What?" Soo Ah asked him in whisper.

"Does something happen between you and Jaehyun?" He asked quietly too. He take a glance at Chae Eun beside her. Chae Eun seem did not hear them talking. She was talking with others.

"NO. Wae?" Soo Ah deny. He couldn't know her secret. It's danger. He could tell Jaehyun about it.

"Jaehyun seem interested on you. He keep asking about you too...."

"Wae?"

"Molla. Did you do something to him?"

"No."

"He was looking at you too, just now."

"Jinja..? Wae?" Soo Ah asked Johnny and herself too. Did she do something offend him? Johnny shrugged his shoulder.

"Why are you two whispering?" Chae Eun asked makes they both stay quiet. Johnny smile at Chae Eun first.

"Nothing. Just asking her about math question." Johnny lied. Soo Ah look at Johnny with thankful. Chae Eun shake her head.

"Bookworms..." Chae Eun said and continue talking with others.

"Thank you." Soo Ah said.

"Buy me Ice cream later."

"No problem."

****

SUMMER HOLIDAY IS HERE FINALLY

Soo Ah wake up a bit late today. She really did not plan anything in her summer holiday. She just want to bumming around. Maybe binge watch all the drama she put onhold because of study. No one was at home. Her mother go out already doing something with her friends. Her father already go to work. Soo Ah go to the kitchen to see what her mother cooks for her today. She pick the food cover net up. 

"Wow... Eomma, I love you so much." Soo Ah said to the thin air. Her mother cook her favourite food today, beef bulgogi and kimchi stew. She wash up while put the kimchi stew in microwave to heat up. She eats hearty breakfast. After breakfast she sit down on the couch and start browsing TV channel. Her phone ringing and disturb her relaxing morning.

"Soo Ah-ah...." Her mother voice from the other end.

"Eomma...." Soo Ah called her.

"What are you doing?" She asked but she sound a bit rushing.

"Nothing, wae?"

"Could you go to the Gimpo Airport now?"

"Wae?"

"I need you to help Imo in Jeju."

"WAE? I don't want to go." Soo Ah want to rebellious.

"I will come tomorrow but you need to go first. I put my card and some money in the drawer. You can used that to buy flight ticket to Jeju." Soo Ah's mother said.

"Do I must go?"

"Yes. You're doing nothing at all now."

"Araso." Soo Ah surrender and just follow what her mother said. There is no point to rebel now. She will come home tonight and scold Soo Ah for not listen to her. It's better go now.

Soo Ah go change her clothes and pack her bag lightly. She will not stay longer there. Maybe just for a few nights only. Soo Ah go to Gimpo Airport and bought ticket flight to Jeju that afternoon. Her mother call her once again before she boarding. She just want to make sure Soo Ah is fine being alone. It's not a first time for her to board the flight alone to Jeju. She know what to do.

In the flight she take sit follows the number on her ticket. After settle down she look around and saw Jaehyun walk in. At first Soo Ah thought her brain was playing a trick on her.  Jaehyun going to the Jeju and alone too. Jaehyun saw her and he smiles at her as he walk past her. He take a seat that is not far from hers. Soo Ah become curious and aware that Jaehyun is in the same flight with her too. 

The flight take off and soon after that, Jaehyun come to Soo Ah seat. She was sitting alone.

"No one beside you?" He asked makes Soo Ah surprise.

"Yes." She answered and he immediately sit down next to her. She feel so nervous and her heart keep beating fast. She try to calm down and take a deep breath but it's fail. She could smell Jaehyun's perfume when he sit down. They were so close. Closer than she thought.

"You're alone too?" Jaehyun asked.

"Yes. You too?" He nods with a smiles. 

"Can I ask, what you do there?" Soo Ah asked. She can't believe herself asking the oblivious question at him. Of cause he go for holiday Soo Ah said in her mind.

"I have some work to do. You?" Soo Ah a bit surprise when he come to Jeju because of work.

"I need to help my aunt. She run a homestay there." Soo Ah explains. She curious what kind of work Jaehyun do here but she don't have enough courage to ask him more.

Soo Ah did not know what to talk with Jaehyun. Her mind become blank as white sheet. Lucky he have so many idea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter