Prologue

ACT V

 

Stiff, bloodless lips and a fragile body

Delicate soul and a tranquil mind

 

His body is an etch of endless porcelain silk, from the auburn locks that frame his face, the color of scattered, fallen autumn leaves over untouched, alabaster snow, moving down slowly to the plump, red, scarlet lips that part in breathy moans, defined cheekbones tainted an ashen shade of roseate, the blanched skin of his thin neck marked with blotches of faint vermillion and eye-catching blue, and his closed eyelids illuminated a gleam of silver, as if he held the moon in his endless orbs of pitch black pupils.

 

Understand

Understand how my heart

Wants to forever keep you near

 

Slender fingers brush against the red coat of velvet beneath him, his pained expression reflected in the other’s dark eyes; eyes filled with a burning passion of cardinal-winged flames with a tinge of titian anger and amaranthine lunacy. He shuts his eyes closed, the wave of distress his ears are sending to his brain making him see splotches of vague colors through closed eyes. His eardrums are thumping in pain from his own screaming and it’s even worse when the other man starts to talk, something along the lines of “You’ll understand, you’ll understand” and he doesn’t know if it sounds so incomprehensible because of the pain affecting his hearing or because of the man’s words that were stammered through choked sobs.

 

I’m in love with you

 

“I’m sorry” is the last thing he hears before he feels one more painful impact to the back of his head and the ebony background stained with splatters of blue and green and red and purple turns into a blinding ray of white light.

And maybe in those dark eyes there was a smidgen of beryl sorrow as well.