Fin.

And If We Die Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The news were all over the world. Every where Dahyun goes that's the only thing she would hear from people.

 

The prediction was spreading.


 

The Korean girl watched the people rushing to get the necessity before the day comes. Rushing to get home. To get ready and prepare.



 

Prepare for what?



 

The well-known predictor from South Korea left predictions before he even passed away three years ago. And one of his predictions was,

 

In October 1, 2021...

 

The world will end.


 

And for what reasons? Nobody knows. No one got the chance to ask him what it meant. That old man died after for unknown reason.



 

It freaked people out. Of course. Including Dahyun, who was never been a fan nor a believer of such thing.


 

But oh well, she has no one but her friends.



 

[Gc]


 

Son of a beast:
Brooos the world's gonna end tomorrow!!!
 

Eiffel Tzuwer:
Do you really believe that old man's prediction?
 

Son of a beast:
Bijj he's known for predicting shts & it turns right.
WE'RE GOING TO DYEEE
 

Eiffiel Tzuwer:
Sure I'd believe him if he says thatt right in front of my face??? ://
 

Kim Dyeing:
But he's dead???
 

Eiffiel Tzuwer:
Exactly.
 

Son of a beast:
LMAOOOO PLSSS
It's all over the news
I don't think they're joking lmao

Eiffiel Tzuwer:
It's just prediction
but well
we're gonna die anyways so...
 

Son of a beast:
You think there will be a purge?
 

Kim Dyeing:
The ????
 

Son of a beast:
Heeey don't judge me
Anything could happen. I kinda wanna experience that.
 

Kim Dyeing:
You are scaring me...
 

Eiffel Tzuwer:
Then im keeping my people-opener
 

Son of a beast:
.....
Did you just referred the knife as a people-opener??!?!?
 

Eiffiel Tzuwer:
Should I not have?
 

Kim Dyeing:
You guys are SCARING ME.
 

Son of beast:
Wait
Shouldn't we be talking about Dub's bday?
Where are you tho?
 

Kim Dyeing:
Celebrating somewhere ;))
 

Eiffiel Tzuwer:
Without us?
The ing audacity?
 

Kim Dyeing:
I told you
u guys should spend time with your family incase you know?? we ded??
There's a lot of days for us to meet
 

Son of a beast:
That's if we gonna survive this hell :\/
 

Eiffiel Tzuwer:
Coming from you, Satan?

Son of a beast:
ExCuSe Me, LuCiFeR????
 

Kim Dyeing:
Aight
Im leaving you two
I'll see you when I see you guys :))
 

Eiffiel Tzuwer:
Bruhh whats with dat creepy smile
 

Son of a beast:
Y'all better stay alive!
I ain't crying for ur dumb assess
 

---------------

Dahyun chuckles at her friends antics. Then she turned her phone off.

 

Today is indeed her birthday, yet she's alone and doesn't really want to bother her two close friends because it is such an unfortunate day to celebrate.

 

The world's ending tomorrow, they said. And even if Dahyun doesn't really fully believe such thing, she thinks that it was better if they're with their family right now.


 

After placing her phone in her jean pocket, she stopped just outside the familiar abandoned building. Then she noticed a car parked just right beside it.


 

Her eyebrows knitted.

 

Is someone else here...?



 

Ignoring the car, Dahyun starts to walk towards the ladder that was almost hidden on the side of the building.



 

She have known this place since she found it like four months ago. It was abandoned but the doors were locked, and it is the only building that can be seen on this street. So it's really weird to see a car outside.


 

How did they even find this place...



 

Now, she kind of feel disappointed that she might not able to solo this place anymore, especially if they're some jerks ready to kick her out of the building.


 

As soon as she got up to the rooftop. The place was almost empty. Only the locked door through downstairs was there.


 

But then she saw a girl. Sitting on the ground. Dahyun was facing her back figure, so she couldn't really see her face. She seems alone, and was staring at the sun that was slowly setting down.


 

This couldn't be a ghost, right?


 

And before she could even take a step,

 

The girl must've noticed someone's presence because she suddenly turned to look behind her, only to find a girl, standing, with such pale skin and sharp eyes staring at her. The girl immediately stood up, eyes widen.

 

"Oh my-- you scared me." The girl mumbled, hand on her chest. Dahyun just stood there awkwardly. "Um, do you own this...place? I'm--"

 

"N-No, not really." Dahyun immediately cuts her off, hands waving off, refusing. "I, uh, but I come here often." She awkwardly smiles.

 

"I've figured out." The girl nods, looking around. "This place looks like someone's taking care of it." She then looked back at her once again, flashing a small smile. "I'm Sana, by the way."

 

"Dahyun." The Korean shortly replied. She doesn't know why she's so intimidated.


 

Maybe because it was her first time to see someone brave enough to climb alone in this abandoned building. Her friends wouldn't even dare get close to the building.



 

Or maybe because she's too pretty that Dahyun had to avert her eyes away and look around instead.




 

Dahyun cleared to brush off her thoughts. "Umm, this place is actually temporarily hidden."
 

She doesn't really know why it was necessary to tell a stranger, who didn't even ask at all.



 

But Sana nod her head, she looked amazed. "This place is cool. I was actually about to pass by but I saw this and thought of staying here for a bit."


 

"I see..." Dahyun shortly replied.


 

"Uh, you? I mean, what made you come here tonight?" Sana asks, just wanted to continue the conversation. "Or do you come here everyday?"

 

"Oh, not really." Dahyun let out a soft chuckle, "But uhh, it's my birthday today? I don't know why I chose this place really." She shrugs, amused at her words because hell, she doesn't really know why she came up about going here.


 

"Alone?" Sana tilts her head a little, eyes curious.


 

Dahyun pressed her lips together as she nods, "My friends are with their family. You know the news?"



 

"Yeah, it's everywhere." Sana chuckles, "Is your family okay with you going out instead of...?"


 

"I don't have..." Dahyun almost squeaked. She saw how Sana's face instantly changed in to regret for asking. "Uh, I do have a father who has another...you know?"


 

"I'm sorry" The latter apologetically said.


 

"No, don't be." Dahyun waves her off. "You? Why are you alone?" She immediately changed the topic.

 

"Oh I was actually on a vacation, almost a month now." She grins. "I was about to go back to Japan two days ago but my mom told me not to." She let out a chuckle, "They think it's dangerous to flight back because the world's ending, they said." She rolled her eyes at that, making Dahyun laugh.

 

"...Do you believe that the world's ending?" Dahyun asks.

 

"Do you?" Sana playfully threw back the question at Dahyun.

 

The Korean girl shrugs, "Maybe? Maybe not? Maybe I'll just it find out once this night ends."


 

Sana grins, "A cool way to celebrate a birthday, huh?"


 

"...Yeah, I could say that." Dahyun cheekily grins.

 

There was a moment of silence between the two.



 

But then Sana looked at her wristwatch, "I think I gotta go right now, so uh, you can have this place alone tonight."

 

Dahyun slowly nods her head, placing her hands on her pocket. "Oh, yeah sure." And Dahyun watched Sana flashing a smile before walking pass her.






 

But then she stopped. Turning to face Dahyun once again.



 

"And uh, Happy Birthday, Dahyun-ssi." She stated, almost shyly.



 

"Thanks." Dahyun was holding back her smile from widening. Both of them were strangers, yet each other's presence felt light. Almost welcoming.

 

Sana seems very friendly, Dahyun thought.



 

"Stay safe." Dahyun added.


 

"Yeah, unless the road cracks and swallow me alive." Sana jests before waving her hand, "Good bye, Dahyun." She chuckles before turning to walk away.

 

---------------


 

But it seems like she has more something to say, because heck, she stopped once again before she could even reach where the ladder was placed.


 

Dahyun watched how Sana hesitantly turns to face her again. She looks like she was holding back her laugh, as if she finds their situation very funny.
 

And Dahyun couldn't blame her, she was also looking at Sana in amusement.


 

"Uhh, perhaps you left something here?" Dahyun raised her eyebrows in question, waiting for her to say something. "You've been standing there for like a minute now."



 

Sana pursed her lips, but failed not to crack a smile. "Do you-- if you want, do you want to come with me?"

 

"Huh?"


 

"No, not in that way." Sana immediately regrets the words she used and laughs, hands waving off in fear of misunderstanding. "I mean, on a road trip? You know? Road trip?" She almost squeaked.


 

Dahyun was still looking at her. As if she couldn't come up with a response, or maybe she was confused why a stranger is suddenly inviting her for a road trip.




 

Sana sighed. "You know what, I don't really know why I'm suddenly offering you that." She lets out a shy chuckle. "Maybe I just feel like, it's your birthday and uh, you should be doing something fun or whatever instead of staying here all alone..."


 

"And why?" Dahyun asks, but her smile was clear enough to know that she wasn't weirded out by her, and maybe a little amused for such idea.



 

Sana shrugs, "Tommorow might be the last day anyway." Dahyun chuckled, slowly nodding her head.



 

"Sure." She smiled, mirroring Sana. "What could go wrong, right? Unless I find out you're a serial killer and kills me before the world even ends."



 

"Don't worry, I am not." Sana giggles. "...Unless I accidentally hit the car somewhere out of clumsiness."


 

Dahyun snorted, "Hopefully not."


 

"Hopefully not." Sana repeated. "So, wanna go on a road trip or whatever?"


 

"Road trip or whatever?"

 

"Yeah."
 

------------------
 

We can take the long way

 

We'll get there even if it takes all night

 

We'll talk until the morning

 

Don't tell me that you're fine if you're not fine

 

And if it's only pleasure that you're seeking

 

Then I'll be penciling you in for the weekend

 

Forget about the white noise

 

It's chocolate and pajamas till the whole world fades


 

"Cool car." Dahyun started as they have been silent since they got in and was just listening to whatever song was on.


 

"Yup, rented." Sana chuckles. "I'll be dead if I lose this car tomorrow."




 

"Either way, I don't think you have much choice." Dahyun uttered. That made Sana glance at her before they start cracking up.


 

"You're right..." Sana sighs, "How could I even forget that."



 

"...But don't you find it weird? Every thing seems fine." Dahyun said as she was looking outside the car window.

 

The stores are closed. The street lights were the only ones giving them some source of light. And there's a very few vehicles that Dahyun could possibly count just by her fingers.


 

"Maybe it's some surprise."


 

Dahyun chuckled. "Maybe. A good way to end everyone?" She glances at the Japanese on the driver's seat.


 

Sana smiled. "Couldn't say it's gonna be a happy ending."


 

"Just ending, I guess." Dahyun sighs, averting her gaze from Sana. She leaned her back against the seat. "Where are we heading though?"


 

"I'm not really sure." Sana honestly stated, "But you know the saying all roads lead to rome?" Then she chuckled, "I'm not sure if that's the exact words in Korean."



 

"No, you did it right." Dahyun instantly replies. "How come you know that?"

 

"Maybe I'm Korean from my past life?" Sana giggles.

 

Dahyun scrunches her nose, "Better than my Korean."
 

------------------


 

"You don't really have to." Dahyun stated for the nth time.

 

"It wouldn't hurt, Dahyun-ssi. It's just a cake." Sana insisted.



 

The Japanese girl wants to buy a cake for her, and Dahyun keeps insisting that it is okay not to and that it's so funny that she have to do that.


 

"You don't have to waste your money for a stranger." Dahyun chuckles. She saw how Sana playfully rolls her eyes.


 

"I thought we're passed that." She stated as she looks around the street, looking for a bake shop or anywhere they could buy a cake. "You know that this money will be useless if I die tomorrow, right?"




 

"But the shops are closed though. You could literally see that convenience store is the only one open here." Dahyun points out the store not too far from where they are.


 

"Do you think they sell cake?" Sana curiously asks.


 

Dahyun laughed at that. "I don't think they sell that." She shakes her head in amusement. "But you know, as long as it's food then I think we're good."


 

"Really?" Sana glances at her, making sure.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter