final

your light is blinding

sorry for typos, enjoy.

-

"What are you trying to do?"

"Oh" Wendy laughs weakly. "I want to drink water..."

"Come." Irene helps her to wake up, taking her hand and guiding her to the kitchen.

"Sit here." She spoke, helping her sit in the chair. Irene opened the fridge and filled a glass with water.

"Here, take it."

Wendy grabbed the glass and drank the water, handing the glass back to Irene then, each movement slow.

"Ready?" Irene asked sweetly.

Wendy ignored the question and brought her hands up to Irene's face, tracing it gently, trying to memorize every part. She touched her eyebrows, the corners of her eyes, her nose, her cheeks and her lips. She her bottom lip. Irene remained silent.  Wendy leaned in and slowly approached, kissing the older girl's lips, closing her eyes at the contact. Irene promptly returned the seal.

"Irene?"

"Wendy's had an accident."

Joohyun put her hands on the other girl's waist and the covered skin again.

"Bae Joohyun, Irene."

"What's your relationship with the patient?"

"I'm... the patient's fiancée, let me see her, please..."

Taking a deep breath, Joohyun broke away from the saddle, wrapping her arms around Seungwan and hugging her.

"The impact of the airbag was very strong. Due to the trauma she suffered, Miss Son totally lost her eyesight."

Irene kissed her forehead, pulling her closer.

"I remembered something."

"What?"

"When you had the accident." She muttered.

"I said I was your bride."

"But we're not- Why did you say you were my to-be?" Wendy asked in surprise.

"Because... I wish I were."

Seungwan squeezed her shoulders, eyes wide in astonishment.

"Joohyun-"

"Not just your fiancée, Wannie…" Irene cut her off. "But your wife."

"You are...?"

"Would you like?"

"Bae Joohyun" The younger one gasped, tears already pooling in her eyes. "Of course I would- Of course I would like to be your wife, spend the rest of my life with you."

Irene smiled, tears falling from her eyes as she held Wendy's face and kissed her intensely.