The Invitation

Make It or Break It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan went through her mails, skimming through them, she smiled as she saw a familiar name. Opening it up, it was a wedding invitation of her friends. They’re still catching up virtually from time to time, but nothing could beat catching up with them in real life. Especially, meeting up her lost love—

 

The invitation looked intricately and beautifully made, with a happily picture of the couple. She couldn’t help smiling with how precious they looked at each other. She knew well enough of the discrimination of being in a relationship with the same and she’s truly proud that the two of them ended up together despite their obstacles.

 

Reading the content, her friend’s wedding location was overseas, considering that their country’s law didn’t have any support when it came to same marriage that was a good choice to make.

 

What stood up besides the wedding invitation was a neatly folded paper. Her mind flickered back to when Sooyoung sneakily told her to wait for the mail and see the surprise she’d made for her benefit. Shaking up her head with the recollection of her best friend grinning on screen after announcing her so called surprise. “You better give us a good wedding gift, unnie!”

 

Inside the letter, she noticed the different penmanship that she recognized to be from Seulgi and Sooyoung.

 

Our dearest friend Seungwan,

 

You know how much we both love you, right? I’m still a bit mad at you though, given on how you abruptly left us before, and mainly because of how much you broke my childhood friend’s heart during your absence. Ah, who am I kidding, I’m only doing you a favor because of the insistence of your best friend — that I very much love and won’t break

 

There’s a sludge of ink from the furthermost past. It was probably Sooyoung who interrupted Seulgi’s writing.

 

Unnie, Seul’s not really that mad at you! She’s just a bit of a grump today, and you’re definitely not the reason! (Today’s her day that’s why she’s been moody.) You see, I came up with an amazing idea that’d do you good. For real. You’ve got to praise me and give as an amazing gift when you see us, alright? I’m planning on making up some system glitch on your hotel reservation. Actually, the setup was already made beforehand. Just make sure to not ruin it. I wish you the best of luck! We can’t wait to meet you again, Seungwan unnie!

 

PS: Sorry for the messy handwriting. We’ve got no time to change it since the we gotta dash and bolt with the wedding plans.

 

Seungwan chuckled upon reading the scratch, Seulgi surely scolded Sooyoung for using a strong language and telling her too much information. But what did Sooyoung meant with the hotel setup? It couldn’t be what she’s thinking, right? She’s entirely sure that Joohyun would be invited since she’s practically like a real sister of Seulgi. But, could it really be? Or was it just Sooyoung’s pranking to get her to buy an expensive gift? Not that she wouldn’t though. She’s already lucky enough for the two of them to forgive her during her flighty past self. If — just if — what she’s thinking was Sooyoung’s idea, wouldn’t Joohyun be more pissed at her?

 

Ah, she’s such a coward. She had already apologized to the people that’s important to her, but couldn’t do it with the most important person that she loved. Years had passed by already and she’s still a chicken.

 

At the present moment, she should not think of things that hadn’t occurred. Yet. Standing up, she went through her room to get her luggage and packed up for her flight next week.

 

Upon rummaging, she saw the box that she’d kept hidden underneath her cabinet drawer. It was none other than the memories that she’d cherished and lost, yet she couldn’t help but clutched on the remnants of the past. Opening it up, there scattered various pictures with Joohyun, but what caught her attention was a silver ring. A silver ring filled with promises that she’d broken on her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter