Always Find You

Always Find You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jongin have always loved swimming and as he grew up, he found himself most comfortable in the water so when he heard that there's a Saturday swimming tutorials at his high school, they let him enroll as a gift for him on his 13th birthday.

"Oh, we have a new merman here. Hello! What's your name?" A guy said as he sat by the gutter and soaked his feet on the water.
"I'm Jongin and I'm a new swimming student! Hello, you are?"
"I'm Lee Taemin. Nice to meet you! By the way, what's your age?"
"I'm 13 years old."
"I'm 13 years old too! Actually, I'll be turning 14 on July but you could drop the honorifics. Hello Jongin! Let's be friends!"
"Sure, Taemin." Jongin smiled at his new friend Taemin, happy that he'd get to do what he loves the most and he'd do it with a companion.

Jongin never felt alone even if Taemin's trainings were more intense than his. He found out that Taemin would join an inter-school swimming competition so he was more amazed with his friend. He saw how fast Taemin swam underwater and was shocked with his skills in professional swimming techniques even if they share the same age. Taemin swam like a swimming athlete so Jongin got more inspired to learn.
"Taemin, you're so cool!! Your skills are great!!"
"Thanks, Jongin."
"Woah.. I wish I'd be like you! I also want to swim like that!"
"Just keep on practicing and it'd pay off."
"They said that you'd be sent to the inter-school competition. Good luck!! I'm sure you'd bring home the gold medal."
"Jongin, there are other people better than me so don't expect too much."
"You should believe in yourself, Taem! Do your best and I'd always be here to support you. I'm your number one fan!!"
"Really? But the other swimmers here are good too.. how come you became my fan?"
"It's because you're nice to me, you're my friend and you're really good at it. Trust in yourself but whether you win or lose, just know that I'd always be here and I will cheer you up no matter what."

Taemin won numerous inter-school competitions and also joined regional competitions throughout his junior and senior high school. When he graduated, he went to tryouts and became a member of Korea's national swimming team so he had to leave the institute and train in Busan at 18 years old. When Jongin heard the news, he was happy because his friend's dream came true but he's sad because he'd be left alone at the institute and he'd be away from his first love.

They've trained together for years and in between trainings and hanging out, Jongin's feelings for Taemin grew stronger and deeper. He supported Taemin and admired him not just because of his skills but because of his personality, self-discipline and passion. Taemin was fond of Jongin too because he never saw envy nor jealousy in him when some befriended him only to stab him at the back. Jongin was sincere with his happiness and support in Taemin's achievements and that's what he liked most about him; so graduating and transferring to a different swimming institute hurt Taemin's heart even if it wasn't that obvious.

On Taemin's last day, the institute trainers wanted to throw a send-off party for him but he was advised to fly to Busan shortly. Jongin was supposed to tell him his feelings but it all crumbled down when Taemin bid goodbye to everyone sooner than they have expected.
"Sorry, I didn't have the courage to tell you my feelings. I hope that sometime in the future, we'd meet again and when that time comes, I'd be brave and wouldn't let the opportunity to be with you disappear again. No matter what happens and wherever you are, I'll always find you." Even if it was a painful first heartbreak because of bad timing, Jongin didn't get discouraged. He knows that Taemin would focus on his career and might not have the time to be in a relationship so that fact was enough for him to hold on to. He was confident that he'd see Taemin again because he know he himself would do everything to find him again.

After graduating from high school, Jongin took a culinary degree to help his sisters' café. He lost track of swimming and Taemin since he focused on his studies but he kept them inside his heart as an inspiration and to keep him going while waiting for the day they'd be together.

 

"2014 Asian Games named Lee Taemin as 4-time gold medalist for swimming. At the age of 21, Lee won the gold medal for four categories — 50m Freestyle, 100m Freestyle, 50m Butterfly and 100m Butterfly. Lee added 4 gold medals—" Jongin froze when he saw and heard the news because Lee Taemin — his friend, his idol and his love won 4 gold medals during Asian Games. He was so happy and proud of him and his skills then when he saw Taemin's face at the television, Jongin's heart pounded fast as if he finally met Taemin again after four long years.

Jongin wanted to find Taemin and he got an information on where he could see him, but Taemin's handler was really strict and forbid 'fans' to see him since he was too busy training for the 2016 Olympics that would be held in Brazil. Jongin felt pitiful because he and Taemin were so close but still too far away then just went back to his 'normal life' at his sisters' cafe.
"Maybe it's still not our time to be together yet. Don't worry, we'd meet again. I'll keep my promise that I'll always find you." Jongin smiled and said as he looked at Taemin's photo with his four gold medals.


 Call me frustrated but I can't get away, get away
Loving takes patience; If you go crazy, I'd still make you mine
As far as you take it, I still won't walk away, walk away
When your purpose is breaking, you're never too lost for me


  —

 

2 years later, everyone was shocked when the Olympics committee disqualified South Korea's olympic swimmer Lee Taemin for his 50m butterfly because he touched the gutter with only one hand when he should've touched it with two hands. It was on the rules of the game and even if he have set a new record of 18.46 seconds as the fastest for the category, it wouldn't count. When Jongin heard the news, he broke out in tears especially when the footage showed olympic swimmer Lee Taemin with red eyes after he cried because of frustration and anger towards himself. Jongin wanted to fly to Brazil and comfort him but there's no way that'd happen so he just cried at his room in Seoul.

Jongin patiently waited for his return but no Lee Taemin arrived in Korea after the Olympic games. It was only disclosed to the public that he went straight to America for surgery and released a statement that Taemin had spinal injury so he had to delay his arrival back in Kor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter