Fin

FOMO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin is restless. She has never feel this insecure before. She has never feel this threatened. 

 

And what’s funnier is the fact she feels threatened by the existence of her so called-best friends. The most harmless-funniest yet can also be the stupidest people she ever know. 

 

The irony. 

 

Ningning, Aeri, Yeji, Ryujin, are all her best friends. They’ve been friends since they were 6 years old. Growing up together in the same neighborhood. Going through thick and thin together. 

 

To make it short, those girls are the people that Jimin trusted the most in this cruel world aside from her family. 

 

It was always the five of them. Until one day a new transfer student came to their school when they were in grade 10. Her name is Minjeong. Kim Minjeong. 

 

The homeroom teacher made her to sit beside Jimin. Asking Jimin as the class president to look out for the new student. 

 

And Jimin did just that. Gladly informing things to Minjeong, showing her around, helping her to adjust with the new environment, befriending her. 

 

The two clicked in instant. Like almost immediately. As if the universe is rooting for them to be friends or something.

 

Because it’s like meeting a soulmate, if you asked them. The chemistry is just there from the start. Too strong to be denied. 

 

They became attached by the hip in no time. 

 

Luckily for Jimin, Minjeong is not a hard person to like. She’s too likable in fact. So Jimin’s friends easily accept Minjeong with open arms. Spare Jimin from some unnecessary-unwanted headache and drama if her friends ever dislike the new friend she has and ask her to choose between them or the new girl. They all like Minjeong just as much as Jimin does. 

 

So started from there, it was no longer the five of them, but six. 

 

And back to present time, where Jimin is restless because of her so called soulmate that start to make her doubting lots of things now. 

 

Doubting what exactly? Or maybe who? Their friends? Jimin herself? Minjeong?

 

Jimin just can’t pinpoint.

 

She just knows this insecureness is eating her alive. Killing her from the inside. 

 

Because it’s not just some things that she’s afraid she’s about to lose. 

 

It’s a person. A very precious person. Someone Jimin held so dearly in her heart. Someone Jimin can’t afford to lose. 

 

Someone named Kim Minjeong. 

 

It started this morning. When Jimin heard the news. New messages are blowing up from her group chat. 

 

Jimin read them and turned out the gang which consist of Minjeong, Ningning, Aeri, Yeji and Ryujin will have a picnic at Han river this Sunday. 

 

Jimin is of course invited. And Jimin of course would love to join without having any second thought if only she’s not living in a different part of the world with her beloved friends right now. 

 

Jimin is currently continuing her study, wanting to get the master degree in London, England. She still have around 6 months more before she can (hopefully) graduated on time and go back to Korea. 

 

“Guys.. I’m having a serious FOMO right now :(“ Jimin typed down her response and sent it. She really wanted to be there with them. 

 

“Don’t be silly. You won’t missed anything.” Minjeong’s reply came the fastest, like just a few seconds after Jimin’s. 

 

“Yeah. Don’t worry, Jim. We won’t completely left you out. We’ll video call you, okay? 

 

So you can see what we see. And hear what we hear. Just make sure your phone is fully charged and not on silent when we call you.” Aeri replied. 

 

“Sunday, 8 AM here in Seoul. So in your place will be like, Saturday midnight. Don’t be cranky when we call you, okay?!” Ningning replied. 

 

“Keke~ no promises.” Jimin replied. 

 

***

 

And on the D-day,

 

They were playing truth or dare game when this question popped up. 

 

“If you can date any of your friends here, who would you date?” The question read. 

 

Actually the one who should answer is Ningning. But then they decided to make the question not only for Ning to answer, but all of them. Just for fun. 

 

“1..2..3!” They counted together and then pointed at the person. 

 

And all the four girls, in unison, chose Minjeong. While Minjeong herself is still contemplating, so she ended up smiling sheepishly at them. 

 

“Why me?” Minjeong asked with an amused smile on her face. 

 

Jimin was quietly watching everything from her phone screen.

 

Aeri started with a long hm. Trying to arrange her words. 

 

“Minjeongie.. how can I say it.. She’s a girl herself but she’s just too attentive and caring and such a gentlewoman! Even more gentleman than a man I swear!” Aeri said. 

 

“What?” Minjeong chuckled. 

 

Ningning eagerly nodding her head in agreement. “She always held the door open for me!” 

 

“For all of us actually. She always walked in the last. Only after we all did.” Aeri added at the background. 

 

“Oh, so what with that? It was just a small act.” Minjeong chuckled again. Her friends can be quite amusing to witness. Fussing over nothing, Minjeong thought. 

 

“On our way here, she didn’t let me to carry the heavy bag alone. In the end she carried it herself. She might be smol but she protec!” Yeji added. 

 

Before Minjeong can commented anything on that, Ryujin spoke. 

 

“When she saw how sleepy I am, she quietly took off the jacket she wore, folded it neatly and passed it to me so I can use it as pillow. Dude, I swore my heart fluttered! Simkungss!!” Ryujin dramatically squeezed the clothed part where her heart is. 

 

Aeri raised her hand in the air, wanting to speak again. 

 

“Me me! I have more! Few days ago, when we just had our dinner together and wanted to go home, there were some drunk men ahead. Minjeong walked in the front as she guided me to walk through them. So like Yeji said, she’s smol but protec and can attac.”

 

“Aeri, I just did what I should did. I need to take precaution for us. You know nothing about self defense. And I as the only one among us who know how to kendo people, I need to step ahead. That’s the only right thing to do. Nothing out of the ordinary.” Minjeong shrugged. 

 

“See?! This. Exactly this, Minjeong-ah. The way you refused to take credit for grand-admirable things that deserve to be credited and admired. Do you even know how cool you are when you acted that way?!” Yeji squealed. 

 

The girls continue to make a fuss, fangirling over Minjeong while Minjeong shyly dismissing them. 

 

Jimin gulped thickly. 

 

Minjeong always makes her feel safe, protected and loved. Minjeong always cared for her, sometimes it feels like Minjeong is competing with her own mother at that department.
 

Minjeong, she makes Jimin feel special. 

 

But maybe, it’s all just in her head. 

 

Because apparently Minjeong treated everyone that way and Jimin is probably nothing different with those people. Jimin is just another friend that Minjeong cares about. 

 

“Jimin?” Minjeong’s voice brought her back from her daydream. 

 

“Huh?”

 

“Hey, you alright? We were calling you several times but you didn’t answer.” Minjeong said, sounded worry. 

 

“Oh? Sorry. Guess I’m too sleepy so I got distracted and spaced out.” Jimin smoothly lied. 

 

“Oh you granny. Sleep then.” Yeji said with a small chuckle. 

 

“Yeah, don’t force yourself and go to sleep, Jiminie. We’ll update you with everything we talk today later so you won’t miss any update and information from us.” Aeri added. 

 

They are all worry for Jimin. Thinking she must be too sleepy to stay with them any longer. 

 

“Okay then. Thanks, guys. And sorry for leaving early.” Jimin apologetically said. 

 

“Nah, it’s okay, Yu. Thanks for joining us today.” Ryujin said. 

 

“Yeah, just go to sleep and have a rest.” Ningning added. 

 

“Aeri, pass me my phone please?” Minjeong asked to Aeri who’s sitting the closest to where her phone is currently placed at. 

 

It’s Minjeong’s phone that they used to facetime Jimin. 

 

Once Aeri p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter