Tell Me You LOVE Me (Yeonbin)

SHORT STORIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Yeonjun hyung ~" Soobin called as he ran towards the older man. Yeonjun who had just entered their school fence stopped and turned towards Soobin who was running to him.

 

"What is it?" Yeonjun asked directly. He didn’t mean anything bad when asking that but the words came out a bit blunt.

 

"You didn't reply to what I said yesterday." Soobin said with a small smile. Soobin was confessing, again to Yeonjun yesterday. There’s something that Yeonjun felt towards Soobin obviously, but Yeonjun tend to let it stay secret.

 

"Why do I have to reply?" Yeonjun said lazily without any feeling. As soon as the words came out from Yeonjun’s mouth, Soobin's face immediately changed. His sweet smile that spreading around his face immediately disappeared.

 

"Ohh ..." Soobin said slowly. He didn't seem to know what he was supposed to say or do at the time. He was silent for a moment before he decided to walk away without saying anything.

 

'Did you hear that?'

 

'Did he just reject Choi Soobin?'

 

'Daebak ...'

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

The noisy classroom atmosphere became quiet as soon as Yeonjun entered his classroom. The feeling of being stared by everyone made Yeonjun uncomfortable yet he still able to ignore them and proceed towards his seat.

 

As soon as he sat down, Beomgyu, his only best friend immediately turned towards him and whispered to him, "Is it true what I just heard?" Beomgyu asked.

 

"What is it?" Yeonjun asked as if he didn't know what his friend was trying to ask. His hands were busy taking out his books for their first class lesson.

 

"About Soobin ..." Everything Yeonjun was doing at that moment stopped as soon as he heard Soobin's name coming out of his friend's mouth.

 

"What ... about him?" Yeonjun is still trying to pretend not to understand. He tried to avoid his friend's gaze. Beomgyu was only able to laugh awkwardly.

 

"You know... everyone knows he likes you since last year. He often tells you this. I thought you like him too because you never reject him." Beomgyu said. "I was wrong, apparently." He continued before turning around to correct his position as soon as the teacher entered their class.

 

At that moment, it was as if time had stopped. Yeonjun just sat in his chair without saying anything. He gripped tightly the pen he had just took out from the bag. The expression on his face showed something he himself could not describe.

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

Soobin was having a lively chat with some of his classmates at the time. They were all hanging out in the cafeteria when Yeonjun and Beomgyu entered the room. Yeonjun who was looking for an empty place to seat stopped after seeing Soobin. Their eyes met with each other, making them both silent for a moment.

 

Soobin's wide smile at that moment immediately disappeared, making Yeonjun feel awkward. "Guys, let's go. There are many more who need a seat." Soobin said as he got up and walked out, passing Yeonjun who was just stiffly standing in front of the cafeteria door.

 

"Soobin is kind of avoiding us." Beomgyu said while looking at his friend who was silent next to him. "Jun?" Beomgyu said again while poking his friend’s arm, made Yeonjun wake up from his daydreams. "Or is it just my feelings?"

 

But Yeonjun knew, what his friend said was not a wrong feeling at all. It's been weeks since what happened that morning. Soobin's behavior towards him changed as if he didn't recognize him at all. Every time they accidentally met, Soobin would definitely try to look at somewhere else and it was as if he was indeed deliberately avoiding him.

 

After almost a year, every day of Yeonjun is always filled with Soobin's face. Maybe that made him too accustomed to the man's presence and made him awkward after his absence. But that's all just what Yeonjun wants to believe. Is he used to it or does he already have feelings for Soobin?

 

"Yeonjun-ah?" The call from Beomgyu stopped Yeonjun's daydreaming, once again. "Eh?" Yeonjun asked slowly while staring at his friend's face.

 

Beomgyu just laughed a little seeing Yeonjun's antics who seemed to be thinking of something else at the moments. "What happened to you? You're daydreaming a way too much right now. Do you have a problem?" Beomgyu asked with concern. Yeonjun just shook his head.

 

"Let's get some food then." Beomgyu invites.

 

"No, I'm not hungry. You can go get some food. I'll go get a seat for us." Yeonjun said as he walked towards the seat that Soobin had just occupied a moment ago.

 

"Okay."

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

'They both look like a perfect match don't they?' Yeonjun was walking towards his locker when he heard some whispers.

 

"Yes, it seems that Soobin no longer likes seniors from 12th grade."

 

'What's his name again?'

 

'I think his name is Yeonjun.'

 

'Shh… he is here.'

 

Yeonjun stopped when his name was mentioned by those who were busy gossiping there. And at that moment, Yeonjun finally realized that the two persons who was the topic of conversation were having a lively conversation with each other.

 

Soobin looks happy with a wide smile etched on his lips as he is with the girl that Yeonjun remembers, Soobin's classmate. Yeonjun couldn't help himself but to stare at the two of them who were completely unaware of his presence there.

 

However, at some point, their eyes met and Soobin only looked at him for a moment without any feelings before continuing his conversation with the girl. At that time, Yeonjun finally realized something strange building up inside him. Something he had never felt. Something really strange but yet he understand what it is.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter