Chapter 1

Our Sunshine

Sunoo’s POV

I did not want to open my eyes as warm, and comfort surrounded me. It’s been a long time since I cuddle Sunwoo. I have been so busy with school assignments that I rarely spends my time with him.  Smiling, I kissed his temple.

“Hmm”, I heard he hummed as a sign of satisfaction.

I felt Sunwoo bring my body closer to him and rests his hand on my waist. I can feel his breath on my face since he’s so close.  I was about to doze off to dreamland before yesterday’s event flashback before my eyes. I opened my eyes and almost screamed seeing another face instead of Sunwoo in front of me.

What the has happened last night? And who the hell is this guy? I panicked and slowly lift that person’s hand on my waist and quickly get out of bed. I did not realize that I’m until I saw myself across the bathroom mirror.

….I screamed internally as I felt panic started to surging in my whole body. I got no time to panic. I have to get out of here quickly before the guy wake up and saw my face.  I moved around the room to search my clothes laying around and changed to my clothes from last night. I have to be careful and avoid making noise so I tip-toed to the door and dash out to the front door without looking back.

After a few minutes, I stopped running and take a breath. This is one of the moment that made me regret not exercising regularly. I feel like dying but sore all over my body.

I stopped by the pharmacy to buy Advil for my headaches before returning home. Thank god it’s weekend, I could continue to rest at home. I’m sure I would get bombarded with a lot of questions from my twin and best friend after disappearing last night.

They supposed to come back together but god had another plan for me. I lost my ity instead. I suddenly laughed out loud after realizing the turned off event. Inviting worried stare from some people around me. That guy stunning good-looking face suddenly appeared in my mind. His face is quite familiar, but I forgot where did I saw his face. The headache I felt did not help me recalled his face. I decide to think about it later as those face would be hard not to remember.

----

I closed the door slowly and headed to the kitchen to get some water. I sit at the stool and swallow the pills before gulping some water down my throat. I felt a lot better after taking the medicine.

“Hi Sun, just got back home?”, asked Sunwoo. He leans at the kitchen counter crossing his arms, waiting for me to give an explanation. I stare at him for some time before I snickered. His messy bed hair and drools beside his lips is hard not to ignore.

“Yah! At least wash your ing face first, . Your drools made my eyes sore” I said. “Tsk-tsk. That’s not the answer I’m looking for Sun. Don’t even try to change the subject” said Sunwoo.

“Yeah, I just got back obviously. Can’t you tell? Duh…” I rolled my eyes at the stupid question.

“You know the explanation you gave lacks the details, right? Sunwoo sighed while pushing his fluff hair to the back. I fight the urge to play with his hair. Playing with my fingers to distract myself. I swear Sunwoo’s hair is the death of me.

I stand up and drag Sunwoo to the bathroom and wash his face to get rid of the drools. Sunwoo just let me because he really loves it when I take care of him. I nudged the toothbrush to Sunwoo. He took it and started brushing his teeth.

“Woo-yah…..” I called his name. He stopped brushing his teeth and give his full attention to me.

“I-I…just kind of…erm hm that…you know…. did it last night. I’m sure you know what I mean…” I started our conversation with calm and nonchalant manner like it’s not a big deal, trying to explain what had happened.

I waited Sunwoo’s reply as he took his time brushing his teeth. “What? You did what? I’m sorry Sun but even though you’re literally my other half but I don’t have any ing idea what you’re trying to say here”, Sunwoo asked, gripping my shoulder.

I sighed. This is hard not like what I expect it to be. I closed my eyes for a few seconds before I said “I slept with someone, and I don’t have any idea who is he. I ran away as soon as possible before that person awake. Got it?” I opened my eyes and looked into Sunwoo’s eyes. Both of us are staring at each other. I saw Sunwoo freeze after hearing what I said.

He tilted his head blinking his eyes for a few times. It seems the news takes time for him to process. Maybe because it’s still morning. His brain cells are quite lagging. I looked at him with patience, gulped nervously while biting my lips. I heard him cleared his throat, cross both his arms and looking all serious.

“Okay, so you’re saying you’re not a anymore and you just left the guy who did it with you last night?”

“Yeah, that’s right”

“Why did you run away tho’? Is he ugly? Bald? What is it? I mean there must be a reason why you did what you did.” He asked carefully trying to understand what I did.

“He’s far from ugly actually. He’s the most good looking guy I’ve ever seen? Lol, that’s cringe. But, yeah he’s the handsome guy ever. And thankfully he also has hairs. A nice one at that.” I emphasize the hair part.

“Yeah, of course glad to know he got hairs, Sun.” He’s nodding his head, a smile quirked on the corner of his lips. He still waiting trying his best not to rush me in telling him.

“It’s just I don’t want him to see me. I felt so embarrassed with what I have done. I mean, I just slept with a stranger. It’s something that I never imagined I would do. And I would never do it in the first place. So, I panicked and I just ran.” I fiddled my finger with my top while looking on the floor, avoiding looking at Sunwoo’s eyes.

I closed my eyes as I just feel overwhelmed with feelings of shame, tired. I need to be alone, I need to rest and think again rationally. Before my thoughts got me, I felt a warm hug, chin on my shoulder. He rubbed my back, swaying left and right. I nuzzled further sighing. I feel like I can breathe again. I swear Sunwoo’s hug is the best. I felt safe in his arms. I felt home.

“It’s okay sunoo-yah. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. I still love you the same. Hee and Wonie also would still love you the same. Nobody would hate you for sleeping with a stranger. So, you don’t have to worry about anything, okay? I know you need your me time right now. But don’t take too much time. I need my other half too. Just so you know, I will always be here for you. Our friends too. Anytime, anywhere. We got you, buddy.” He said, hugging me tightly, securely giving me assurance that he meant every word he said.

“Thank you so much. You always knew what to said to make me feel better. I really appreciate it though. Have I told you that you gave the best hug ever? If not, I will tell you right now. I love your hugs the most. I also would love to be with you guys during happy and hardships moments. Thank you for being here. I love you. Hee and Wonie too”.

Sunwoo grin and peppered kisses all over my face. I giggled, liking the affectionate gesture.

“Now, go take a rest first. I will cook us breakfast and we will eat together. Oh, should we invite Hee and Wonie to join us too? What do you think? Do you think having them her would make you feel better? Hmm?”

“Okay, I don’t mind having them here. I’m sure they would love to eat all foods we have here in the kitchen.”

Sunwoo laugh, throwing his head back. “Yeah, we could agree on that”.