fin.

Clingy
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Yay! Movie night! Movie night! Movie night!"

A female child named Talia chanted happily as she and her two older half-sisters, Serena and Melanie, rode the elevator to their twin cousins', Jasmine and Katherine, apartment floor for a much overdue cousin hangout.

"I love movie night!"

Talia looked up at both of her sisters hopefully.

"Can I eat ice cream and candy when we get there, too?"

"No."

"Yes."

Both Serena and Melanie replied with different answers before glancing at the other.

"You're really gonna let her eat all that?" Serena inquired with a disbelief look as Melanie shrugged nonchalantly with a calm tone.

"It's the weekend, there's no school tomorrow, and she won't return to Dad and Narae until Monday afternoon when school's done."

"Yeah, you're right, but she's like six and a sugar rush is not fun."

Melanie smiled with a nonchalant attitude still.

"Oh, well. Just let her tire herself out."

"So..."

Came Talia's voice as the duo peered down at their baby sister with Melanie confirming her answer.

"Yes, you can."

"Yay! Lani is the best sister ever!"

Talia hugged Melanie before hugging her other sister next.

"But Rena is a good sister, too."

"Oh, thanks, Lia. Thanks a lot."

Serena feigned being sulky as Melanie laughed while patting Talia's head.

"That's my girl."

"You both ."

Soon the lift arrived on their floor as Talia ran out first with her child-size unicorn spinner luggage in tow.

"Hey, Lia, wait." Melanie called out to her.

"Do you remember which one is Min and Rin's door?"

The pair heaved their own luggage along with them as they were carrying more due to work and other weekend time relations.

"Yes, I do!"

Talia responded without looking back as she bounced down the hallway before standing outside the twins' apartment and rang the buzzer.

"Min! Rin! Lia's here!"

She giggled as she notified her cousins of her presence.

"It's movie night!"

"Dude, Lani. Lia's not ringing the twins' door."

Serena nudged her sister with widened eyes upon realizing the door where her baby sister was standing in front of.

"That's the boys' place. She's in front of the boys' place. Lani, the boys."

Serena continued to stress the situation as her steps slowed down while Melanie continued walking.

"The boys?"

She was puzzled before realization dawned on her a second later as her own eyes widened in panic.

"Oh . Lia. Lia! Talia! No!"

Melanie slightly yelled to get the little girl's attention, but it was too late as the door opened revealing a young man on the other side.

"You're not Min or Rin."

Talia frowned while gazing up at the male, but a moment later she smiled upon recognizing him as one of her sisters' friends and colleagues.

"Oh. You're 'Sheeesh'."

Talia ended up doing the gesture for the said 'meme' she had seen on TikTok which reminded her of the male when she first met him. The male chuckled at the action and did it right back before crouching down to her level while properly introducing himself.

"Hi. My name's Taeyoung. Are you lost? Did you get separated from Melanie or Serena?"

Talia shook her head while pointing to the left and right of her.

"No. It's movie night with them and my cousins."

Serena and Melanie tried to blend with the walls of the hallway and hid behind their luggages knowing full well that their baby sister had given them away. Taeyoung glanced to the left and right of him before landing eyes on the two familiar figures as a smile formed on his face.

"Hi, Melanie. Hi, Serena." He greeted the pair before a chuckle escape as he stood.

"Everything okay?"

"Uh, yeah. Hi, Taeyoung."

Melanie eventually walked over and joined the duo as another person joined the trio.

"Hi to you, too, Seongmin."

She placed her hands on Talia's shoulders while speaking.

"Anyways, we're just gonna go since we're hanging out with Jasmine and Katherine tonight."

"Oh, but they went on their date with Woobin and Wonjin a while ago." Seongmin informed her.

"Date? Both of them? Really?"

"Yeah." The male duo confirmed.

"Okay. Well, what d-"

Melanie stopped in mid-question when she glanced to her right expecting her older sister to be right next to her, but Serena was nowhere in sight. Before she could search where Serena had gone, Talia's voice grabbed her attention.

"Rena is with those people."

Melanie followed to where Talia had pointed towards the elevators that just opened. Serena had a forced smile upon her face as she was being pulled along by their other three friends and colleagues, Minhee, Allen, and Hyeongjun while exiting the elevator.

"Sup, Lime." Allen greeted with a cheeky smile.

"Anyways, we ran into Serena in the lobby, but I figured Lemon was sneaking away with all these bags with her and knew the rest of y'all would be here."

Serena elbowed him in the stomach with a slight glare in hopes that he would let go of her.

"Little brat."

Allen just laughed as his current grip on Serena was firm. Talia giddily ran over to the male once they drew nearer as she latched herself onto the male which caused him to let go of Serena so he could hug the youngest sister despite holding a few bags in his other hand. Serena was about to make another break, but she ended up being pulled back by the other two.

"How are you going to leave without your stuff?" Hyeongjun asked with a laugh as Minhee agreed with a chuckle.

"Yeah. You really are quite forgetful, Serena."

Serena just tsked and accepted her current predicament.

"Oh, hi, Grapefruit." Allen greeted Talia with her nickname as Talia smiled up at him.

"Hi, Leoni."

Serena eventually broke out of Minhee and Hyeongjun's grasps and tried to pry her baby sister off of Allen while talking.

"Okay, Talia, let's go."

"The twins aren't in." Melanie informed Serena as the older sister whipped her head to face Melanie.

"What do you mean they're not in? It's movie night."

"They're actually on a date."

She flashed Jasmine's message from a few seconds ago in their group chat to show her.

"So no movie night tonight."

"Aww, no movie night?"

Talia let go of Allen to face her sister's with a forlorn expression.

"But we were supposed to watch Tinker Bell movies."

Before either older sister could suggest watching movies at their own home, Allen made a suggestion instead.

"Why don't we have a movie night at our place instead?"

Taeyoung hopped on the idea with a wide smile.

"Yeah, we can watch whatever she wants to watch."

Serena shot them suspicious looks while gazing at the trio who were carrying several bags upon returning.

"I'm sure y'all were gonna have a fun weekend yourselves, no?"

Before any of the males could respond, Talia interjected into the conversation.

"Oh, can we have movie night with them?"

Talia cast her sisters with the puppy look which she knew didn't work on them, but they wouldn't say 'no' to her in front of a crowd like this.

"Please."

The child worked the puppy look as all the males fell for it. The older sisters cast one another a knowing look before Melanie answered.

"Sure."

The group of eight were currently watching the third film of the Tinker Bell series as the males actually turned out to be drawn into the plot just as much as Talia was. Talia has seen the series countless times thanks to Serena and answered any questions the others may have despite being only six years old. While Talia snacked on and drank the more child-friendly goodies, Melanie and Serena were in the kitchen helping themselves to another sort of refreshment. The only reason the movie night was supposed to happen was to give the four females a moment to relax since taking about two weeks off work to help their grandfather during his grand opening of launching a bakery and cafe shop.

Anyways, the pair had been messaging the other two back and forth about the new change of plans and hoped they were having fun on their date. It was more like Melanie messaging as Serena was making drinks. She had finished mixing up several liquids into a special concoction that were soon poured into two slender glass cups of ice for her and Melanie to consume when they were joined by Allen a moment later.

"Y'know, the four of you were practically gone for like two weeks and it was a mess. Where y'all go?"

"No where." The pair chimed in unison causing Allen to roll his eyes in good-nature.

"Right."

He noticed the greenish drink and took Serena's cup to drink out of it. He was impressed by the flavor.

"Wow. That's actually pretty good. What's in it?"

"I know. Besides, it's the good stuff that you don't know about." Serena replied with a laugh while taking back her cup with a smirk.

"Why? Do you want one?"

"Uh, yeah."

He shot her a look like it was an obvious answer.

"Do you need to ask me that?"

"I'll think about it."

Allen groaned as the sisters laughed. Just then they heard a door open and closed loudly while someone was speaking in a loud voice.

"Alright, fellas! Who the here is ready to get hella ed up tonight?"

"That sounds just like your boyfriend." Melanie mused as Serena nodded.

"It does sound like Serim."

"Yeah, let's ing get it!"

Another voice joined in as Serena chuckled.

"And that one sounds just like yours."

Melanie nodded with a knowing smile.

"Yup. That's Jungmo alright."

Allen cast the two a goofy smile while taking Serena's cup from out of her hand and drank from it before speaking.

"And when they find out the two of you are here, it's gonna be a wild night."

Before the sisters could reply they instead heard their baby sister's voice.

"Ooh, you two said some bad words."

The trio went to check out the scene.

"Who's kid is that?" Serim questioned, confused.

"She looks like a mini somebody, don't you think, Serim?"

He glanced at his friend with a puzzled expression.

"Right? Doesn't she remind you of someone?"

Serim didn't bother answering Jungmo's questions as his focus went upon seeing his girlfriend before him.

"SERENA?!" Serim happily exclaimed as he made a beeline towards Serena with open arms.

"Hold me!"

Instead of welcoming the embrace from the giddy male, Serena turned away and ran off into one of the bedrooms with Serim in hot pursuit.

"She needs to stop playing hard-to-get."

Melanie shook her head with a laugh at her sister's antics before feeling a familiar hand slipped into hers. She glanced to see a smiling Jungmo as he pulled her away to the both of them out of the apartment, but not forgetting to wear their shoes and giving Melanie time to fetch her belongings. Talia witnessed the whole thing and looked at everybody with confusion.

"Um, are my sisters going to be okay?"

"They're gonna be fine, Grapefruit." Allen assured her with a calm demeanor before taking a sip of his drink.

"Yeah, don't worry, Talia." Minhee added while speaking in a soft tone.

Seongmi patted her head with a reassuring smile of his own.

"They're just hanging out with their boyfriends who missed them a lot."

"Oh, okay. Like Rin and Min."

Hyeongjun nodded eagerly.

"Mmhmm. Yeah, just like them, too."

Talia returned to the movie just as Taeyoung asked her a question about Tinker Bell's sister, Periwinkle.

"So Periwinkle is Tinker Bell's twin sister?"

Serena was unable to close the door fully when Serim literally pushed his way through causing her to stumble away yet she righted herself as quickly as possible. Serim

Please log in to read the full chapter