Real this time

Real?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

" I think we should revisit the family friendly events , fun fares and etc .  This could boost our reputation, make this company what it used to be " 

" youre kidding" nayeon fakes a laugh then stops  

" im not " one of her close friends  and also manager gave her a serious face. A look that said that she was not going to repeat this and that this should be taken seriously. 

With a sigh nayeon nods " but you know why we stop with those .." 

Ofcourse They did , it was no secret that nayeon was not family orientated . She didn't even have a love life. 

" you made some faces at the last family event when kids approached you. Big deal. That was years ago. You've changed and even if you haven't. They don't know that " 

" okay.. " nayeon glances at her secretary to write it down " get minas notes on this " 

" thank you nayeon"  mina smiles appreciatively.  She's been bugging her on this specific topic every year and she knows that year by year nayeon rejects it. But this year , her reaction was less harsh and more accepting. Maybe it was towards the fact that profits were decreasing and bills were rising but never the less this was a good step forward. 

" what about the lgbtq+ community nayeon? " another manager and close friend asked. Her eyebrows raised as if challenging nayeon to say no.

" what about it?" 

" when you made that homophobic comment on twitter people attacked you and even if they are a small part of the general population and getting bigger. They are still people and people contribute to our profit " 

" okay " she tapped her secretary's book to silently tell her to start writing " get jeongyeons notes on this too" she tells tzuyu who nods .

" now leave me alone "  she waves them off. Sighing in her chair once everyone leaves. 

" how are you going to do this ? " she hears. Well apparently not everyone has left. 

" i don't know , ji" 

" I know its been hard nayeon. The profits are low , expenses are high. We've let go atleast 4 people this week alone so far  and that's not counting the previous months"

" you dont think I know that? " nayeon stands , giving jihyo a death glare " im Well aware" 

" we've gone through numerous ideas , executed them ,got maybe some more people on our side. But maybe ,jeongyeon and mina are right. It's time to let people know you're no longer like you were previously" 

" we both know I still am "

" but only we know that" jihyo approaches her, placing a hand on her elbow " you have your reasons. We understand but the people don't " 

" how do you plan to do this then? Huh? We had to remove pictures of family , picture and videos of even two girls or two men hugging in our advertisement because of something my face couldn't control amongst other things.  I get that its my fault. That the company had to suffer, that you guys had to suffer. I apologised ji. What else do you want from me ?" 

" something " jihyo said " I hope you figure it out sooner.. we're crashing nay" 

--

Nayeon spent day and night going through ideas, meetings , brainstorming with the others but it always came down to the same thing. 

The past actions of the ceo of the company . She specifically and how the public would receive it. There were alot of pros and cons . 

Days and nights became weeks and then a month , everyone of her managers looked exhausted. She herself was exhausted. Things weren't looking good. 
But nayeon had one goal In mind. To keep the company going. 

---

Sana would say it was the worst day of her life. Not only was the job interview she had gone to s because she messed up , got nervous and talked beyond control to the extent of unnecessary information and embarassing herself further. She broke a heel because she was texting and didn't see the hole on the ground, hence tripping , scrapping her knee and almost dislocating multiple joints . The wind was strong too due to rain, causing her umbrella to open from the inside out and flew  , drenching her from top to bottom in rain. This happened throughout the day.  Sana was not only feeling done feeling dejected but she was done with herself too. 

She knew she'll be sick tomorrow , she shouldve went straight home but no, she wanted hot chocolate to get some kind of energy. Something sweet to make her better. Something to treat herself with, after all she deserved it after everything so far.

She made her way to the closest coffee shop. Went through the menu and saw how expensive one cup was. She thought about her options. A couple blocks from here she could buy food and a drink , maybe even hot chocolate. She had enough money for just that. 

Sighing, she chose to just get the hot chocolate here. Ignoring the delicious cakes and muffins on display. Leaving her stomach growling for attention. 

She decided she wouldn't stay in the shop  for long, not only did she look like a wet animal, she was limping too thanks to the heel and most probably from the fall. People were looking at her too. Judging her .  She shouldn't care about the stares she was receiving . But she did. 

Thanking the cashier ,sana waited for her drink , took a sip and left the store. She continued walking ,shielding herself from the cold and using the warmth of her cup and its delicious taste to warm herself and keep going . She felt better.

Nothing could go wrong right ? . Wrong. 

Due to lack of heel on one side , sana stumbled. Cup of hot chocolate dropping onto the floor . In the middle of falling,  She grabbed what she can to reduce the impact, Even if that meant the shawl around some woman's neck. 

She landed on the ground though with a groan. 

" im sorry" she apologised , rubbing her hands then elbow before getting up , passing the woman back her shawl. 

"Where is it? " the woman began panicking , touching her neck for an item that wasn't there 

" here " sana offered the shawl back , which the woman grabbed gently and began looking for something sana noticed was not the shawl

" where is it? " the woman looked at her. There was anger there that sana didn't want to deal with but she did pull the shawl off " my necklace.. my necklace!" 

" I don't know" sana helped to look for it. She found a silver chain nearby and quickly grabbed it "this one? " 

" Where's the -" the woman took it from her , teeth gritting like she was about to explode " do you know how much this means to me? Clearly not!" 

" im sorry " 

" don't ing apologise!. Help me look!" 

" okay okay" 

It took them another 20 minutes looking over almost the same spots over and over  to find nothing.  Sana realised there was a drain nearby but she didn't want to think that it got lost that way so she kept shut.

" this is your fault!" The woman yelled at her. Her eyes looked like it was close to tears " if it wasn't for you , I- I " 

" im sorry , I really am. How could I repay you? "  she said in a hurry. Feeling bad as the woman started breathing in heavily. But what shocked sana the most is when the woman suddenly stopped, gave her a once over then proceeded to look her in the eyes with the most piercing look she has ever seen, paired with a smile that made the hair on her body stand. 

" come by my office, at 9 am sharp tomorrow" with the card in her hands, sana looks down. Identifying the woman as Im nayeon. 

---

" you're early " nayeon stands , gesturing for the woman to sit on one of the chairs infront of her desk. She gave the woman a once over again, smirking to herself that she was right about what she thought the woman could potentially be. Even though there was abit more fixing up that needed to be done.

" yes.. " the woman smiled nervously. Trying to avoid eye contact with her. This only made nayeons smirk widen. 

" these are a few documents that you need to sign " she said passing it over , along with a pen " would you like some coffee? Or maybe hot chocolate?" 

"Oh no thank you.. but what's this for ?" 

" something you owe me. Give it a read "  she watched as the eyes of the woman infront of her get bigger and bigger as she flipped the pages.

" no" the woman shakes her head, starting to stand " this is too much. I was expecting maybe something more reasonable . Something we can discuss. Not marriage" 

" marriage is not up for discussion, but everything else other than that is up for discussion" nayeon looks on boredly " also, what is your name ? " 

" no, sorry I can't " the woman fully stands " I'm sorry" she says, bowing before walking towards the door. 

"You won't be able to leave, I own this building "the woman pauses " sit down" 

" no" 

" sit down"  nayeon demands,standing up to approach the woman who backs away from her " how about I offer you something you want? . Perhaps money? "  she takes this as a good response when the woman doesn't answer " was what I'm offering on the contract not enough?" She smirked as she picks up the contract on the table " you've read what I'm providing right?" The woman nods " how much do you want ? " the woman shakes her head, moving past nayeon. Who gently takes a hold of her arm.  " think about it " she said before letting the woman leave. 

---

Who does that woman think she is ? , sana thought. Huffing as she exits the building, looking up the window she knew nayeons office was at. She catches nayeons eye before the woman dissappears. 

Marriage? To another woman? No. Sana was not like that. Shaking her head, she starts walking. She needed a drink. 

She goes into one of the mini marts nearby, buying a go to coffee in a cup before she exits. She can't believe the nerve of that woman and the contract. Ridiculous ,she shakes her head again. 

" momo I'm home " she yells as she enters the house , taking off her shoes and putting away her bag on the side table of the very small apartment. 

" im here " momo yells back , she follows the voice and finds momo studying , while cutting a piece of cake. "  I baked this, come have a try" her sister says , offering sana a spoonful. 

" mm , that's actually really good" she says , eyes wide at the sensation of the flavours in " we really should consider selling these and the other wonderful stuff you can make "she tells her sister ,who nods before looking away. 

" we don't have the money to buy that much ingredients sana. You know this " 

" I do.." she sighs , helping momo put away some things " but we are doing okay " she tries , even though it's far from the truth

" we aren't.  But enough about that, how was the interview ?"  She doesn't answer , instead she shook her head sadly " I can help us out , maybe get a job of my own" her sister offers " you already work two jobs to help pay our daily necessities , we both know the money our parents left us won't last for long. We know it won't last to pay for my next semester "

" I know " sana approaches her sister , pulling her into a side hug " I'll apply for more jobs " 

" I don't need you finding more jobs sana, i need you to find just one , that could pay of the bills and that could help pay for my school. I really want to be a chef,I know when I come out of it, I can make us some money. Get into a really good restaurant too and in the future make my own " 

" momo... "

" I know , I know... a girl could dream right? " her sister proceeds to put away the cake into the small fridge " I just wish things were easier"

" where are you going? " she ask her sister who was putting on a coat 

" im going to find a job , I appreciate everything that you do sis, but I can help too and this time . Im not asking for your approval" 

Sana sighs, dropping onto the worn sofa in the cramped up living room when the door closes. She feels a headache coming on and groans loudly , rubbing her head and face repeatedly. 

She goes on to check how much money was left and finds that what momo said was true. See, sanas mother passed , her father got married to momos mother and tragically both died in a car crash. The money that was left for them wasn't enough, after paying off the wedding debts of their parents who had a grand wedding, paying off car loans and people they owed. Left them with a good amount. 

But that amount didn't last, its been 4 years since then , since their parents . Sana was older , so she left university to find a job. Her qualifications were good, but not good enough , having been a drop out but it was for a good cause, to have her sister continue schooling and to provide for them. 

Sana and momo weren't close previously, but after a year or so, they knew all they had was each other . They argued about the finances , learned the hard way when money was being over spent. Then argued some more about each of their futures. Sana gave up hers in a heartbeat. Letting her sister continue onto university to be a chef but the bills only increased and sana had to get another job. The money was solely for momo to learn , to achieve her dream. The other necessities were on sana, paying the house bills and groceries , when she gets extras, she buys momo ingredients to bake or cook at home. 

She sighs , checking her savings to sigh somemore when it wasn't enough to be able to pay for momos next semester and the necessities for their day to day life. 

She goes to the fridge , cuts herself a slice of cake and proceeds to cry about her life and momos. She wakes up when the door closes . Rubbing her eyes when she sees momo looking upset. 

She gets up to give her sister a hug " no one was hiring, even the mini marts weren't" her sister began " I wish things were easy. I wish our parents had payed off the house in japan, i wished we never moved here. I wish our relatives cared . I wish for so many things ..." her sister began to sob in her arms. Sana felt tears fall onto her own cheeks.

" im sorry"

" don't" her sister pulls away " if there is one thing I'm thankful for it's you "

That night as she hears her sisters quiet sobs , sana made a decision that will probably make their lives easier

---

" send her In" nayeon smirks , waiting until the woman appears "I knew you'd come back" 

" Where's the contract ? " the woman ask seriously , sitting in one of the chairs and taking the contract from her. " I need enough money to pay off my sisters next semester , and extras ontop of that for her daily necessities" 

" okay" she agrees " anything else? " 

" why this? " the woman gestures to the contract

" I may have a bad rep in family and the lgbtq+ community, I'm hoping to kill two birds with one stone " the woman gives her a look, nayeon doesnt care " it's to change the mindset of the people, so that they would take their insurance here. Get them to believe that this is more than a bank . This is an agency after all"

"Okay" the woman says , reading the contract once more before signing it and handing it over

" japanese huh? " nayeon smirks  , make that 3 birds with one stone. " you move in tomorrow , minatozaki sana . I'll send a car over , leave me your cell phone number "  she passes her ,her phone. When she was done , nayeon stands , approaching the woman who moved her upper body away from her. Nayeon goes ahead and touches her hair " you need a hair cut, maybe something more mature " 

" how old are you? " sana ask , curiosity in her eyes as she looked at her 

" im 30 just recently " she answers " how about you?"

" 27 " 

" now let's go" nayeon gestures towards the door 

" where are we going?" 

" just come along" 

The car ride was silent as nayeon drove them to the mall, picking out clothes while sana just stood there carrying them. 

" go on then" she gestures towards the changing room .

Sana comes out with each outfit nayeon picks out, the latter grades them then pays for it. They go through pantsuits, handbags, all types of shoes ,  make up . 

She realises that the woman was having a tough time carrying it all ,so she takes half of it . 

" uhm , I can't just  wear these" sana tries causing nayeon to raise an eyebrow " I mean I need pajamas , normal shirts , sweaters ... " 

" you have them at home right? " sana nods " then bring them " 

A few steps later they pass h&m , with a sigh , nayeon tugs sana into the store. 

" here " she turns only to find sana not there " sana? " she calls ,looking around before sighing to look for the other woman. She finds her talking to a man , his back was pointed towards her. " sana " 

" mm?" The woman hums and nayeon raises an eyebrow

" isn't it the greatest. Im Nayeon " the man says , nayeon turns to look at the guy . she grits her teeth and forces a smile 

" always a pleasure seeing you , jungkook" he smirks at her and all she wants to do is slap him. He was after all her competitor , the person her customers ran to " If you don't mind , we have places to be " 

" oh , didn't know you had friends nayeon" he smirks 

" actually" she puts on a fake big smile , placing an arm around sanas waist " this is my girlfriend" , his smile drops before its back on , just as fake

" I see, so you're gay now . I wonder how people would take that " she clenches her jaw " you've always been straight nayeon. Don't kid yourself " 

" you dont know what I am" she steps forward, letting her hand fall away from sanas waist. 

" always with the anger issues " he shakes his head "no wonder people hate you "  he steps away , leaving nayeon to seethe in anger but just as he was about to walk away , he turns " sana, don't settle for her" he hands her a card " contact me, we can have dinner sometime" 

Once he leaves , nayeon eyes the card in sanas hand. She doesnt say anything , instead she walks away , leaving sana to follow her silently to the car. 

Once they reach the car, nayeon packs the bags into the trunk, taking bags from sanas arms before getting into the car. 

She doesn't drive but turns on the engine . 
" what did he offer you? "  she asks , glancing at the card in sanas hand. 

" a job " nayeon scoffs before it's silent again 

" unbelievable " she shakes her head " after knowing that you're with me ,he still has the nerve to ... ugh " she slams the steering wheel " don't trust him " she warns sana before shifting the gear to drive. 

"Where are we going? " 

" my place " 

---

Sana didn't know what to make of the interaction back at the mall between nayeon and jungkook. All she knew was they hated each other but knew each other well. She was curious as to what happened between the two. 

She follows nayeon into the penthouse , carefull not to leave open when she finally steps foot in it. She stands in the middle of it, watching nayeon dissappear . She takes the time to place the bags on the ground near her feet , turning to take in the white walls and modern architecture of nayeons home. 

" sana " she turns her head , watching as nayeon approaches , picking up some of the bags near her feet. She realised that nayeon was just abit shorter than her minus the heels.

She follows her ,placing the bags on the bed just like nayeon does. " this is your room, this is where you'll be staying for a year or so .." nayeon sighs " make yourself at home" 

Sana looks around the room , it was fairly empty , other than the fixtures and what was needed in the bedroom  . She thought that she should decorate, after all she'll be staying here for as long as the fake marriage but somehow decides against it. This was not her home. The lesser it felt that way the better. 

She starts to unpack the things that nayeon bought for her, things that were expensive , things that sana does not wear at all but it was part of the job. Exactly like what the contract has stated. Once she was done , she put on the bedsheets and made the room abit more cozy. She knew she had to go home to get her things . To see momo and lie to her about her job, perhaps after she goes to her evening shift job. To be honest, she should be sleeping right now and that's probably why she felt tired, sleepy.

" nayeon " she calls out , when she doesnt find nayeon anywhere . She writes on a post it note , before sticking it to her door and leaving. 

When she gets home after her evening shift from 4 pm to 12 am , she finds momo on the couch, sleeping. 

" momo " she wakes her sister up "momo" 

" hey, I was waiting for you" her sister smiles " how was work? " 

" the usual " she smiles back 

" what's up? " momo sits up, looking at sana like she usually did when she notices somethings up 

"I got a job " she smiles " but Id barely be home" 

" did you take it? "  sana nods, momo frowns " I know we're having a hard time . Im sorry if I pressured you, but you don't have to work 3 jobs , I've applied to various restaurants , I can help. You need rest too , we can split responsibilities"

" it's a well paying job, I'm able to pay fully for your next semester " 

" oh" momo grinned happily "that means you can quit your other jobs?" 

" yes , this was my last shift " sana smiles as her sister hugged her

"But what do you mean by barely being home? . I still get to see you right ? What job is it? " 

" it's uhh... I'd be working for Im corporations as a secretary for Im nayeon herself, I'll also be flying out alot and ill be staying at uh an apartment that the company provided .. it's for my training" 
 
" oh , am I allowed to visit?  " sana shook her head. momo nodded thoughtfully " I've heard about her.. " 

" oh yeah?. Like what ?" Ofcourse she was curious. She's never heard of nayeon until the day after they met and yet she still doesn't know anything about her soon to be wife. 

" well, shes a .. you go ahead and Google her yourself, just be careful okay?" Momo began to stand , stretching her body " im going to head to bed " 

" momo, I'm leaving tomorrow , while you're at school. I won't be back for while"

"Oh "

" would you like to help me pack ? "

--

"I know what you're going to say, don't say it" nayeon warned her friends "but in other news,  im getting married " 

" who the would want to marry you? "  jeongyeon laughed , smacking mina on the shoulder, the initial conversation lost , mina moved away in pain. Nayeon scowled  

" her name is minatozaki sana , she's japanese " nayeon answered 

" a woman?"nayeon nodded to jihyos question " poor girl. You forced her into this right? " 

" be nice "  mina warned them " maybe nayeons changed" 

" changed uality more like, attitude and behavior wise , not likely" jeongyeon smirked 

" who knows " mina glared and nayeon appreciated mina for backing her up " but then again" nayeon glared some more" it's too sudden, how did you get into a relationship this fast and then marriage? " 

" nayeon, if this is about the company and recent ideas don't do it "

" it's not ,  I.. met her recently, it was love at first sight and so.. we're getting married " 

" is she some kind of gold digger or are you a sugar mommy?. Cause I still don't see how this is going to play out" jihyo looks at her seriously, nayeon doesnt break. 

There was a beep  " boss , there is a minatozaki sana here for you"  nayeons eyes widen. She liked it better when tzuyu would say " there was someone here for you" back then when sana didn't want her to know her name. 

Her friends give her a look "send her in" 

" oh " sana looks around the office "sorry is this a bad time? " 

" no ,come in. I'd like to introduce you to my friends" sana nods , coming in and standing beside nayeon. She even puts on a smile . She looks good , she thinks as she sees the waved up shoulder length hair on sana. More mature looking . She smiled to herself  and she's wearing the clothes she bought for her too. Internally, she gave herself a pat on the back.

" very pretty " jeongyeon smirks , walking around sana and shouldering nayeon in her way  " wonder where you got this one . I want one for myself too"

" your straight" jihyo rolls her eyes " we are all straight " she gave nayeon a pointed look.

" sana" mina greeted with a smile , suddenly speaking japanese . Jihyo , nayeon and jeongyeon looking on curiously .  Sana started blushing , causing nayeon to roll her eyes

" mina, stop flirting with my girl " eventhough she couldnt care less , she had a lie to protect and this was a way to do it 

" I wasn't, sana and I went to school together , isn't that right sana? "  the latter nodded , smiling . 

" so you're marrying our dumb friend? " jeongyeon asked " I wonder how you would get attracted to that wide forehead and bunny munching teeth . You should see her without make up. She's ugly" 
 
Her friends snickered as nayeon glared at  them, sana just looked at nayeon for a second wondering if it was true. She couldnt tell when there were bangs there , and nayeon never showed such teeth and her make up didn't seem so thick..  

" she's treats me well and she very pretty to me "  sana tells them, placing a hand behind nayeons back causing the latter to stiffen for a bit. 

" thanks babe" nayeon replies , just as jeongyeon gives them a disgusted face " now if you'll excuse us " she tells her friends who remain in their spot, all of them curious " please leave before I fire one of you" 

" oh please , as if " jeongyeon chuckles but leaves.

Sana removes her hand once they leave , then turns towards her " sorry , I'm late" 

" that's okay"  nayeon takes her seat " your hair looks good on you "

" thank you" sana smiles " it been a long time since I've actually cut my hair in a salon " 

" yeah I don't care " nayeon says , eyes on the her laptop "are you ready to move in?" 

" uhm yes. I brought my stuff into your place before I came here. Thanks for leaving a pair of keys with tzuyu for me at the salon" 

" uh huh" nayeon replies , handing her an envelope she retrieved from her hand bag " this is this month's salary and the money for your sister" 

" thank you " sana takes the envelope , not wanting to check it infront of nayeon but the latter gestures to open it , so she does anyway " oh.. this is too much " 

" you're going to be my wife. It's what a good wife should do " nayeon replies sarcastically " also, don't touch me next time. If anyone was to initiate any touches , that would be me , understood? " sana nods 

Nayeon Continues to work for another hour , sometimes glancing up to see sana looking bored as hell, looking through the companies magazine , her phone , looking around the office and repeat . There was even a sigh or two.  She checks the clock , seeing there was another hour left . She sighs " sana , come here . Look through this for me , I'd like to know your ideas on the matter " 

She's has already gone through the document before the ones she's currently holding. She knew what to do with it , now she waits for sana to do the same. She watches as the other woman's eyebrows move toward the center of her forehead , sometimes her eyes would open abit wider and her tongue would poke out. Nayeon understands this as sanas way of focusing. 

What suprises her after 20 mins or so, were the words that leaves sanas mouth. She listens , nods and even has a slight debate on the subject matter before nodding somemore.  This woman was intelligent . She could use someone like this in her company. 

" why are you unemployed?"

" I was employed " 

" then why do you need that much money?" 

" I worked two jobs .. one as a waitress, another as a bartender. It wasnt enough to fully support me and my sister " 

" what job was jungkook offering you? "

" to be the face of his company" nayeon scoffs 

" you're better than that " she replies under her breath , but sana heard it " let's go home" 

On the way home, she hears sana moving around in her seat , she ignores it but then sana had this pout on her face causing her to ignore it somemore. 

" nayeon"  she ignores that too "nayeon?"

" yes? " 

" im hungry" 

" so?" 

" could we eat? "

" no. I don't eat at this time. Its too early for dinner " 

" can i eat?" 

" we are almost home. Cook yourself some food there "
 
Sana becomes quiet and stops moving. Nayeon finally has some peace and quiet in the car.

Once they reach home. Nayeon goes straight into her room, leaving sana to do whatever she wanted to do. 

In favour of a shower 
-----

Sana was natural nice by heart , so she tries to see the positive and nice side about nayeon. Even when the woman was rude, she covered it up when she was nice. Like taking the extra shopping bags from her tired hands, complimenting her hair,  and saying that she was better than just a face. 

She's eating happily , slurping her ramen noodles and scrolling through her phone. When she hears footsteps, so naturally she would look up. 

Nayeon was dressed in a pair of sweatpants , a white sweater , her hair was half up and she had glasses on. She lacked eyebrows and most likely was not using any make up. She watched as the woman went to the fridge to pour herself some water and unpack fruits into a bowl. She observed her , wondering what nayeons friend was talking about with the huge forehead and ugliness. 
She didn't see them.

" nayeon.. am I allowed to leave the house?" She casually asked , the woman didn't even turn but waved her hand . Sana takes that as a yes . She's about to continue to eat when she noticed that nayeon had her eyebrows scrunched up like she was having a bad headache or some sort of pain that she didn't want to voice out. Then her hand was on her stomach. Sana quickly understood that nayeon was having her period.

She continued to eye nayeons movements as she ate,  watching her turn on the TV before sitting on the couch and munching away. 

Seeing as there was nothing else , sana finishes up and cleans up before putting on a sweater and coat " im leaving now " she says just incase , she doesnt hear a response. 

She heads to the mart nearby to buy herself some junk food ,grabbing a hot water bottle for nayeon for her cramps then exits to go back 

" im back" she announces , walking behind nayeon to see the woman was curled up in a fetal position just watching TV . Her hands over her stomach. 

She places her junk food on her bed , then fills up the hot water bottle . She wasnt sure how nayeon would react to this . The woman did seem closed off. Hesitating for a bit, she walks up to nayeons side. Stretching out her hand that's holding the hot water bottle into nayeons view. 

The woman looks at it for a while , then at sana who kept shut before she too hesitantly takes it . She didn't say thanks , but placed it on her stomach. Sana takes that as a win. 

" I've got junk food too " she offers but nayeon just shakes her head , her eyes were back on the TV. 

Shrugging , she goes to her room, takes a packet of chips and head back out ,  sitting far from nayeon as they watch TV together. Well watched whatever drama nayeon was watching. 

" you're annoying me " nayeon suddenly says , sana stops munching and swallows down the chips she had in before putting it away.  

" sorry "  she apologises , it was hard sitting here with nayeon. She couldnt laugh nor gasps. She felt like she had to control her movements and emotions from coming out . The woman was literally emotionless watching a drama that was so emotional. Sana couldn't relate.  

She thought maybe she could watch this drama on her phone instead,in the privacy of her room but she didn't have enough data on her phone. She checks if there was WiFi and there was but its locked.  The only problem she was facing now was how to question nayeon about it. 

She clears , but nayeon ignores her . She clears it another time , then another causing nayeon to sigh " um" 

" speak " 

" can I have the WiFi password?" 

" no" 

" oh " she pouts , looking away and back to the tv. She hears a sigh then a hand motioning for her phone. She hands it over. Their fingers slightly touch and she ignores the feeling of wanting to wipe her hands on her jeans . It wasnt that nayeon was in anyway disgusting , it was more of an uneasy feeling . 

Her phone is back into her hands not a moment later, this time not only she was careful but nayeon was too. Sana feels scared about her two years with nayeon. She feels that she would most likely feel caged. 

---

What does she do? , nayeon thinks when she notices that sana had fallen asleep on the couch. Does she wake her up? Put a blanket over or leave her to freeze and wake up herself . 

She chooses the last option. She closes the tv and cleans up the living room. Ignoring the voice talking in her head to be nice and heads to her room.

She tosses and turns all night.  The nagging feeling of guilt eating her away. Annoyed , she sighs when she finds that its 1 am in the morning. She lays in bed some more before getting up to check if sana was still there. She finds that she is.

" great " she looks her over . The woman must be dead asleep and that position she's sleeping in will hurt tomorrow. She shakes her head before reaching out to lightly tap the woman " sana , sana" she calls but suddenly a snore leaves the woman's mouth . Nayeon rolls her eyes. " yeap a dead sleeper " 

What does she do now? Adjust the woman ? Carry her to her room and tuck her in like a baby? Nope. That would include too much touching and everyone knows. Nayeon isn't a fan of that. 

Sighing , she grabs one of the pillows from sanas room , placing it on the couch properly then tugs sanas hoodie until she falls onto the pillow. The woman adjust herself , scaring nayeon in  the process. Then the snore is back and nayeon unfreezes.  She goes ahead to take sanas blanket before covering the girl . Happy with her work. She leaves a small light on nearby then walks away to try and go back to sleep. After all tomorrow is a big day . 

--

She's following her every movement with her eyes. Curious , observing as she watches nayeon make coffee and toast for breakfast. 

She looks down at her own food , cornflakes and milk then back up to the back of nayeons head. 

" good morning" she tries to make conversation but the woman as usual ignores her. 

She remember waking up with her pillow and blanket over her. Who else would have done it ? There was just them two here. Was nayeon just hiding her caring nature in secret? Having an uncaring attitude just on the outside. That's what she knows so far. 

" thank you " she tries again " for last night" nayeon turns towards her , humming in response. Sana breathes out her nose quietly , getting a little annoyed at the lack of sentences from the other woman "im going out today, need to do some errands " 

" okay " nayeon replies , biting into her toast " get back by 2  , we' re getting married today" she nods , thankful that she didn't choke on her cereal. She then realises that nayeon wasn't looking at her but her phone .

" okay" she answers , to be polite . She wonders what the wedding is like . Why nayeon hasn't spoken to her about it. Were there going to be people? Or the press ? Were nayeons family going to be present? Her friends? 
What about her side?  

" it's just you and me " nayeon says , like she was reading her mind "you, me and the priest"  

" okay " 

Then a thought came to mind and she glanced at nayeon who was already looking at her. She quickly looked away.  Did they have to kiss? 

" yes we do" nayeon replies, bitting into her toast . Sana realises her slip up. She nods nervously. "Don't worry it'll just be a peck" 

" okay"  sana gulps , glancing at nayeon again then her lips. Then back at her cereal where she no longer had any appetite to finish. She decided to excuse herself. 

--

Nayeon didn't expect this much people to show up at her wedding. She was standing at the alter just looking at everyone , even her family. Minus her dad, who didn't show up. She couldnt care less . Her mother gives her an apologetic look, as if to say she's sorry for her fathers behavior, nayeon shrugs but smiles at her anyways . 

This was a fake wedding, fake marriage . She had to make things believable. The music came on and she braced herself. Watching as sana walked towards her with her sister. The sister looked way too happy, happier than sana and nayeon wondered what happened right before. 

When their eyes meet, nayeons smile falters abit because sana sent her a glare before putting on a way too big of a smile on her face. Her sister checked her out before moving to the side aswell as a bridesmaid. 

Sana was infront of her smiling and nayeon had to smile too and maintain eyecontact. Her skin crawled at how awkward it is at having to pretend they were inlove . 

They read their vows to each other, held hands . She didn't know whose hand was sweating or whose was shaking. But she tightened her grip just incase. The peck on the lips left a tingle on her lips too. It was not lengthy but it lasted for at least 2 seconds and to nayeon that was long enough for her breakfast appeared in . 

She smiled at sana , even dipping down to peck the back of her hand for extra measure.  Camera flashes , cheers and talking happened at all the same time. She smiled at the guest and even reporters who she knew would show up.

" that's a beautiful ring" her mother said to her" and your wife is so beautiful" 

" thank you " nayeon replied , hand still holding onto sanas " mom, this is sana" her mother nodded at sana who smiled at her and greeted her too

" if it wasn't for you, nayeon would probably grow old alone. To be honest, I was expecting a man. But if you make her happy, I'm all for it" 

" thank you , I'm glad to finally have met you" sana said , taking nayeons mothers hand to show her gratitude before letting go. Nayeon takes sanas hand into her own again. 

They went around greeting people, answering questions , acting nice and believable but when they were finally alone for 5 seconds , she feels sana squeeze her hand really tight before whisper yelling "you told my sister!" 

" didn't she know?" 

" no!, you told me it would just be us two and the priest, not this!!!. I lied to her and she .. ugh"

" not my problem " nayeon says, uncaring and monotone as usual " you shouldve told her , because news get out fast. You lying to her is just dumb".

" you're not helping " sana pulls away from her, hand falling limp by her side. " im going to get a drink" 

" trouble in paradise? " she hears , turning her head to the side to see jungkook smirking at her

" of course not" 

" seems like it" they both watch sana being approached by multiple types of people, including her sister . Jungkook goes on ahead and leaves towards her wife and nayeon rolls her eyes. 

" sana " she calls before jungkook reaches her. Sana turns and gives jungkook a smile before walking past him to meet nayeon half way. She immediately takes her hand and the drink sana offers her. " it'll be over soon" she says , smiling , not at her wife but at her guest. 

And it is over not long after that. Sana even pulls away from her the moment they enter the house. Mumbling away about being tired. 

She pretends to not know that sanas sister, jungkook , her mom and friends was watching their every move the whole time , pretends to not feel the shake of sanas hand that she was previously holding. Pretends that she wasn't nervous when the reporters came. Pretends that she was inlove. 

She sighs when she's finally alone. She knew sana was upset with her but in all honesty, she didn't know that sanas sister didn't know. She just went ahead and contacted the sister about their wedding. Maybe that was the wrong thing to do but then again, her sister did act like she knew about it. Was even excited when they talked on the phone. 

She decides that this wasn't important to think about. It was sanas life not hers . They just happened to be married , minus out everything else. She had a week of honeymoon and that honeymoon was spent at home. If anything that was the amount of time she needed for rest. Wedding preparations really did take a toll on her , due to such last minute preperations.

It was the start of their 2 year marriage and she finds sana moping around the next day . She was barely outside her room,  she only sees her when she's dragging her feet into the kitchen, not even bothering to say hi. Which ofcourse nayeon doesnt expect out of her, then she's dragging her feet to leave the house to god knows where , coming home only late at night and this goes on for a few days. 

She decides that today would be different. She knocks on sanas door that morning . Planing to invite her to breakfast but knock after knock there was no answer. Curiously, she turns the door knob, only to find that it was unlocked and sana was no where inside. She heads to the living room  standing in the middle of it. Before taking out her phone to check on the cameras. 

Her wife left at 1 am and hasn't returned since. She decides that she wouldn't care but when the door opens revealing sana with a deer caught in headlights look, her hair a mess, lipstick smudge to the side , she burst. 
" where have you been?"

" don't act like you care" sana replies , ignoring her but she grabs her arm and turns her " let go of me" 

" where have you been?" She asks again, this time with a look that requires an answer

" ing around" sana smirks " im allowed " 

Nayeon for the life of her didn't know sana was this type of person. When they met she thought sana was a goody two shoes.. not this. She didn't agree with this. She didn't like this. 

" no!. Your not allowed to around . You're my wife-"

"Fake wife" sana corrects her and she seethes in anger, her eyes meet sanas and she realises that the other woman had sad eyes ,was probably just testing her. She calms down. 

" if this is about your sister. I'm sorry " she tries , watching as sana looked away from her , her shoulders finally lowering. " maybe i shouldve talked to you about this before doing it myself" sana nods, but still walks past her to her room . Closing the door , separating the both of them. 

She hasn't left the room for two days, maybe only for food and at those times too nayeon hasn't seen her in person. The only times she does is when her phone chimes. Signaling movement from her cameras detection. 

" sana " she calls ,knocking on her bedroom door "I bought food. If you want some come to the kitchen" 

She then waits and surely, she finally sees her wife , who doesnt even look at her. Taking a plate and scooping out some food from the containers. Nayeon raises an eyebrow when she takes alot. 

"Sit" 

"I'm okay, I'll just be -" 

" sit " sana sits  " so.." 

" we don't have to talk nayeon" she says and nayeon doesnt know how to feel, all she does is nod. Because what sana said was true. Its just 2 years . 

---

" part of the deal" sana mumbles to herself. Smiling at the people who smiles at her as she holds onto a paperbag filled with hers and nayeons food. 

She tells tzuyu nayeons secretary that she's here then waits for nayeon to acknowledge her. 

" so how's the married life? " tzuyu ask with a smirk , sana smiles as if shes shy and answers " great "

" so what's in the bag? " 

" food" sana smirks , causing tzuyu to raise an eyebrow " none for you though" 

" you should know that I am after all nayeons secretary, it is compulsory to buy me -" 

" get your own wife tzuyu" nayeon appears, placing a kiss on sanas cheek. The latter almost flinched, tzuyu almost catches it .

They were alone in the privacy of nayeon office , she unpacks the food and places it on the coffee table. We'll aware that nayeon was watching. 

"I want to offer you a job" nayeon suddenly says in the middle of eating, sana almost chokes on her food, but she straightens her posture. " but you'd have to go through the interview , skill test and what not on your own" sana nods " but bare in mind , it's not easy"

"Thank you " sana smiles ,it's real and it's fresh compared to the usual ones she has at home . A job is what she wanted and even if it's nayeon whose offering it , she's grateful. She continues eating in a much happier mood. 

" who will be interviewing me? " sana questions , once she's and nayeons done cleaning up " what are the test like ?" , " would you be there too? " nayeon chuckles at how excited sana was , before shaking her head

" human resources

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter