[fin.]

take me by the hand while we do what lovers do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

it was friday, their usual date night.

don in an attire she'd worn in numerous occasions, chaeyoung nervously fidgeted her fingers, picking on her already chipping nail polish. her blonde hair that was put up in a half up half down hair-do cascaded beautifully behind her back. she wore her favorite fancy black dress that hugged her curves in all the right places. she looked beautiful, stunning even, but somehow, something nagged her insides.

the sound of the door closing brought her out of her stupor. at the top of the stairs stood her wife. jennie wore a red lace dress and to say she was gorgeous was an understatement. chaeyoung found herself in a moment of awe with a dazed smile on her face as she watched jennie descend the stairs.

"your mouth might catch flies, honey." jennie snickered, gently closing chaeyoung's jaw. the latter grinned at the comment, her hands finding their place on jennie's waist. it took a couple more minutes before the two of them got comfortable of the hold but the smiles on their faces never faded away.

"shall we?" chaeyoung whispered directly on to jennie's ears, causing her to elicit a surprised gasp. she jokingly slapped her wife's shoulder before nodding.

chaeyoung was never fond of driving but with jennie on the passenger seat, she could withstand a couple minutes behind the driving wheel. her deft fingers were entwined with jennie's cold ones and she wondered, were jennie's hands always this cold?

"are we going to where i think we're going?" jennie asked, excitement evident in her voice. she let go of chaeyoung's fingers to look out of the window and observe their surroundings. the moment jennie's fingers slipped from hers, chaeyoung felt a slight pang in her chest, but she stayed quiet, opting to just observe the happiness that painted jennie's face.

"we're here." chaeyoung announced, already looking at jennie. the latter grinned at her while opening the passenger door. before she could fully do so, chaeyoung stopped her. "stay here." she said, unbuckling her seatbelt and going over to jennie's side to open the door for her.

chaeyoung was always a gentlewoman when it came to her but this kind of gesture always made jennie blush. the taller of the two held out her hand with a toothy smile, waiting for jennie to take it.

"guessing 'chivalry is dead' doesn't apply to you huh?" jennie teased chaeyoung, swinging their hands back and forth. they looked like dressed-up teenagers, pushing and pulling each other as they walked towards the theatre, for sure getting looks from the people around, but they didn't care. chaeyoung revealed her grin and it made jennie breathless for a moment that she needed to stop in her tracks, this concerned the younger woman.

"you okay love?" chaeyoung asked, caressing jennie's knuckles with her thumb. she waited for a few moments, just staring at jennie who was looking at her like she was awestruck. jennie could clearly see the glow in her wife's eyes and it took everything in her not to cry at that moment. she swallowed the lump in and nodded. chaeyoung kissed her forehead before they continued their way to the ticket booth.

the teenager manning the booth was almost close to dozing off, good thing chaeyoung managed to catch her attention before she could fully fall off her chair, possibly smacking her face down the counter.

"two tickets please," chaeyoung said, watching as the wide-eyed girl stared at her for a few more moments before getting back her bearings. she shook her head to wipe off the sleep of her face and the movement made jennie chuckle quietly—she still remembered how her and chaeyoung would wait for customers behind cash registers then would catch themselves dozing off.

"are you really okay baby?" chaeyoung muttered, observing the faraway look on her lover's face. she didn't know what was going on in jennie's mind but she didn't exactly like the somber expression she was sporting. jennie looked back at chaeyoung and nodded with a smile. something about that shy and timid smile made chaeyoung's heart ache. it hurt but she chose to ignore it and instead put on a smile of her own.

-

all chaeyoung did the whole movie was to catch glimpses of the casts' faces as her attention was solely on jennie the entire time. she watched the way her eyes would widen when certain scenes would make her surprised, the way she would lean forward while moving her hair away from her face and then wet her lips when there was something she didn't want to miss. she noticed how her hand would find chaeyoung's, gripping it for a se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter