Betrayal Chapter 1

Betrayal

Chapter 1

'Today is the first day of high school. I'm so nervous!' I thought. By the way my name is Park Sungi. I am 15 years old and I have long, wavy, black hair. My parents left me when I was 7 years old. Ever since I've been living with my best friend and her parents. Did I mention that I'm madly in love? With who? Well, he's name is Jo Youngmin the hottest guy in school. The thing is he's also the most popular person in school. I know I'll never be able to date him, but a girl can dream. "Sungi!" My best friend, Himi, yelled. I ran down the stairs tripping on a dog bone. Himi started laughing at me. "Oh shut up. Let's just get to school." I grabbed her wrist and dragged her out the door. On the way to school I bumped into someone. I fell on my and glared at the person. Right when I saw the blonde hair and bi brown eyes my glare soften. "I'm so sorry." He bowed down. "It's ok. It was mostly my fault." I said trying to get up. The person who happened to be Jo Youngmin stuck out his hand. I took his hand and smiled. "Thank you." He smiled with that beautiful smile. "You're welcome. See ya at school." Youngmin yelled while running to school. "Wow. Youngmin just talked to you. I thought he didn't even know you were alive." I glared at Himi. She just smiled as if she was an innocent puppy. We finally made it to class and found out that Youngmin was in my class. Himi nudged me when she saw Youngmin. I elbowed her back making her scream 'OW!'. When she screamed it made people look at us even Youngmin did. My face turned redder than a tomato. After a second of people staring I walked over to an empty desk with Himi behind me. My desk was way in the back next to the window.

 

Everyone stopped staring when the teacher came in. "Everyone sit in a seat cause we'll be moving anyways." Everyone hurried and sat by their best friends. What I didn't notice was that Youngmin sat infront of me. He never turned around or anything, but I still liked that he sat infront of me. Even if it was for a little bit. "Ok, everyone come up and pick a number out of the box. After everyone has one we'll sit in the new seats." When it was my turn I put my hand in the box and pulled one out. When I opened it it had the number 17. After everyone had a slip of paper we all went to our new seats. I found my seat and it was in the middle row, last seat. To my left was Himi and on the right was one of the popular girls. Infront of me you would never guess who. Jo Youngmin. I was so excited. My stomach had butterflies. The bell rang for lunch. I got up, but stopped when Himi told me to look out the window. I looked out and saw Youngmin and a girl with long brown hair. I was about to tell Himi that it was nothing until they kissed. I felt a sickening feeling in my stomach. "I'm sorry." Himi said. I just shrugged. "It's not like I was dating or gonna date him." Tears threaten to come out, but I them back in. "You want to go eat some lunch?" Himi asked. I just shook my head. I didn't wanna eat. What if I saw Youngmin and that girl? I would probably start crying infront of them.

 

The whole lunch time I sat in my chair and thought about that girl and Youngmin. Who was she anyways? Everyone came back in from lunch and sat in their seats. The day trudged on and on. I wasn't even paying attention in most of my classes. Youngmin turned around to me and asked me something, but I couldn't hear him. Everything around me was being swallowed in by darkness. When I woke up I was laying in a bed that was in the nurse's office. I looked all around me and no one was here. I tried to get up but I became dizzy. "Take it easy." I looked over and saw the nurse standing in the door way. "How did I get here." The nurse laughed. I wondered why she was laughing. All I did was ask a question. "A young man brought you in here. He said you passed out in class." What boy? Youngmin? Nah, it couldn't be him or could it? Yah, I don't know. "You must of passed out from not eating this morning and at lunch. Did you eat at all today?" I shook my head. "That's probably why." I nodded. "Do you know who the boy's name was?" The nurse smiled. I'm kinda getting freaked out by this chick. "I think his name was Youngmin. He had blonde hair and was very good-looking." Does this woman like younger men or something? "Do you like him?" The nurse asked. "What do you mean?" Why was she asking me this? What if she told that I liked him? "What if I like him? What's it to ya?" She shrugged.

 

Before she could talk again someone came in. When I saw who it was I hid under the blankets. Why was Youngmin in here? "How's she doing?" Youngmin asked. "Why don't you check?" The nurse said back. "Why?" The nurse just smiled and left. Youngmin walked over to the bed and sat. Right now I don't like this chick. He poked me in the head. Why did he just poke me? He poked me again. What is with this guy? I decided to poke him back in the stomach. For about 20 minutes we had a poking fight. "Ok, I'm worn out." Youngmin confessed. "Ha, I win!" I yelled in victory. After that there was an awkward silence between us. I wanted to break it but I didn't know what to say. Instead Youngmin broke it. "So, we should get going. It's getting late. DO you want me to walk you home?" I shook my head. "You don't have-" I was interrupted by a young woman's voice that came form the doorway. "Yahh!" She screamed. The woman came over to me and raised her hand "SLAP!". She slapped me across the face. What the heck is wrong with this chick?! "What's your problem?!" I screamed at the girl. "What's my problem? I should be asking you that. You're the one who stole my boyfriend!" So, this was his girlfriend up close. She was pretty. Now I know why they were dating. She had a slender body and curves in the right places.

 

I didn't want to show the mean side of me so I got up and went out the door. "Sungi!" I heard footsteps behind me, but I didn't look back I just ran away instead. I felt a grip on my wrist. I turned around to see Youngmin. "Don't worry about her. I broke up with her two years ago. She thinks were still dating she even kissed me today. She has some nerve." Youngmin kept blabbing away. I laughed at him. He looked at me. "Why are you laughing." I shook my head and wiped away my tears. "I'm laughing at you." He looked away and scratched the back of his head with his free hand. He took my hand and started to walk. Where were we going? Is he gonna hurt me because I laughed at him? He walked faster and I stumbled behind. We stopped infront of a park. "What are we doing here?" I asked him, but just received a smile. He pulled me over to the swings. "Sit." He pushed me down on the swing. For what felt like hours we played in the park like little kids. "I think I should get home." I stood on my porch with Youngmin. "I had fun." He smiled. Youngmin leaned a little down and kissed me on the forehead. "See ya at school." All I could do that night was replay that scene. Maybe I had a chance with him.