Raining Spell For Love

Raining Spell For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leeteuk walked down the road he knew very well. The same path from home to school and back, every day with someone who the more he realizes has become an important part of his life.

A strong wind blew the hoodie unveiling his head. Dry leaves flew above him and one of them fell onto his hair. Leeteuk lifted his face, letting nature welcome his courage to go today. He sighed, feeling the fresh outside air under the tree while taking a deep breath. His eyes were still looking at the sky through the branches. Leeteuk smiled. Today, He will meet that person. Today, He will finally say it. Today must be a good day for both of them, he thought.

Leeteuk continued his steps towards the street, a smile still plastered on his face showing a cute dimple on his left cheek. The meeting place was approximately, but he decided to turn right into a florist. The bell above his head rang just as Leeteuk pushed the glass door in front of him.

"Welcome, can I help you?" asked the florist kindly from her desk.

"Uh... I want to buy some flowers" Leeteuk answered awkwardly. This was the first time for him to buy flowers, especially for that person. His eyes darted around the room, trying to choose the right one to give out of the many available colors.

Seeing the confused face of her customer, the florist approached Leeteuk. "If I may ask, who are the flowers for? I can recommend the best ones we have”

"Ah.. thank you. I want to give it to.. a friend”

"Just a friend?"

"Uhm.. more or less?" Leeteuk replied sheepishly.

The florist understands this situation, not only once she has found a similar customer. "Okay, I get it. Does your friend like certain types of flowers? You want today to be special right?” she asked again with a wink. 

"Here, take this" A person beside Leeteuk took various kinds of chocolate from his bag and put it on his palm.

"What's this?"

"chocolate"

"I know... I mean, what for?" asked Leeteuk, confused.

"Nothing. I don't like sweets"

"Then why did you buy it?". This friend indeed has a unique personality and never fails to make the older frown. But Leeteuk is used to it, even sometimes misses it.

"I didn't buy those," said the friend. He grabbed back the sweets and gave it back to the latter one by one while explaining. "This one was already on my table when I came to class. Then, a student from 11-3 gave this one during the break, I forgot his name tho. And this box was hanging on my locker door when I changed shoes earlier”

Though they had walked side by side along this road almost every day, the face that was only a few centimeters in front of him while explaining those gifts really brought another feeling to his heart.

“I don't know why they still give me those. I remember I said that I don’t eat sweets. They better give me something else like-"

Everything that person said seemed to fly with the wind. Leeteuk's eyes focused on one face next to him. His big round eyes, his pointed nose, his plump lips. He didn't realize that his friend had this perfect feature on his face. Leeteuk was lost in his mind until suddenly the person beside him finished his sentence and all their four pupils met.

A bump on Leeteuk's shoulders saved a split-second awkward moment between the two schoolmates. The chocolates slipped from Leeteuk's grip then fell onto the road. 

"Ah I'm sorry," said a woman and followed by a man who embraced her from the other side, holding a bouquet of flowers in her hand.

"It's okay, I didn't walk properly either" Leeteuk immediately picked up the chocolate while the couple continued walking past the two of them.

"boo!” Leeteuk snapped his finger right in front of his friend’s eyes as he found him still staring at the couples before.

"Oh! What?” he flinched at Leeteuk's act.

"What are you looking at? You know them?"

"No, I don't.” He replied briefly. “Just... the flowers are pretty" then immediately turned his face and walked ahead of Leeteuk.

Leeteuk chuckled before he walked quickly to catch him up. "So.. the school's best esports gamer who doesn't like sweets prefers to be given flowers, heh?" 

"YA! Don't make fun of me!" He hit his friend's shoulder then walked faster, leaving Leeteuk behind, hiding his reddened cheeks.

Still holding the chocolates in his hands, Leeteuk tried to chase the boy in front of him. "ya why the rush". His tone still sounded teasing in the latter's ears.

"Hey, there's nothing wrong with wanting flowers, tho. Flowers are nice" said Leeteuk when he finally reached the other’s steps.

"Right. And just fyi, my name also means flower petal”

"Really? I don’t think there is a kind of flower that could match your personality” Leeteuk teased his friend to get a few other hits on his back, with the bag.

"What kind of flower? What does she like?” asked the florist to her customer who was suddenly smiling looking at the road outside. 

"He likes red"

♡♡

“Hey, you are still here?”

“Of course,” A man answered. It was near the end of Autumn but he wore only a T-shirt with a big printed face of his idol, sweatpants and red rubber sandals. No one could ever complain about his appearance. Even his best friend who he wanted him to be more than that for long.

“Why?” someone asked again beside him, curious about him who seemed to be in this same place for quite a while.

“I'm waiting for him to come. See there, a new theater across the street. We'll have a movie date” The man said chuckling, feeling giddy as this was the first time they'll have a movie, and a date, after years of being friends.

"Then why are you waiting right here? Not there?"

"Ah.. We have a rule that if one of us comes later then the winner gets a gift. I'll watch him coming from here, so I'm the one who's 'late' and give him this" He showed the person beside him a bouquet of white flowers he had made before. Something represents him, and the favorite color of his friend.

"And what if he doesn't come?"

"I know he will" said Heechul without even a slight doubt in his words. He knew his friend would come. 

“No. I won’t. ever”

“Come on. Just for this once, please” Heechul pouted behind the boy who sunk his head into the ice cream freezer in front of the mart they always passed by after school.

“Argh, nooo. I don’t like party” whined Leeteuk as Heechul clutched his uniform and pulled his body from the heavenly cold box in the middle of summer.

“No, you will like this one. I promise” said Heechul raising his little finger.

“tomorrow is my cleaning day” Leeteuk put his head back into the freezer.

“I will help you then”

“I spent six hours for cleaning my house”

“Both, we can make it just three hours before we go, or the next day. I will do what you say”

“Why don’t you ask your fans instead of me?” said Leeteuk, a bit annoyed by his friend’s request.

“Aish.. I.. am not close with them, you know. I even don’t remember their names. Please, Teuki.. just this once” Heechul begged with his puppy eyes that for dear life Leeteuk couldn’t ever win over it.

Though his heart beat faster, Leeteuk said nothing and just turned his body back, entering the mart after grabbing some ice creams from the freezer.

“ya! Teuki! You will accompany me, right? Okay?” Heechul’s words were gone with the sound of a glass door closing in front of him. He turned his back, looking at the big tree by the sidewalk that almost lost all its leaves. “Do I really have to say it, Teuki? So you can understand..” he said almost inaudibly but it's too late.

“understand what?”

“that I like you” words just spilled out of his mouth unaware of his friend's presence.

“I know”

At that time Heechul just realized what was happening. He turned his face to the person who had already stood there, one step behind him. A shocked face was clearly seen on him.

"Wait. Don't get it wrong. I mean.. I.. Of course.. I like.. You. I mean.. You're my friend.. And we've been friends for so long.. And you know.. It's not odd that I prefer to go with you instead of them, as I like you.. More"

Everything he said feels like a boomerang for him. All his words spilled just make the situation more awkward. He's cursing himself on his head when the latter listens to all of that while enjoying his ice cream like nothing bothers him as he feels.

"I know. Then you better cool down your boiled face with this" The older said casually as he threw a popsicle to Heechul.

At that time, all he wanted to do was just dig to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter