Youngho and Kun

True Mates

 

There was a cabin a few meters away from the main pack and the warriors were confused with the placement of the cabin. The head alpha cued his second and third in command and they moved cautiously towards the door, blades and spears on ready while their archers were on stand by, perched on tree branches and ready for attack.

 

One cautious step later, a wild cat appeared, growling at them and fiercely staring at the head alpha.

 

“Leon!” A soft voice called out as the door opened and everyone gaped at the figure that emerged. ‘Oh, visitors?” The man asked and the head alpha cleared his throat.

 

“Are you alone?” He asked and the man nodded.

 

“I am not welcome in the main pack, I’m Kun by the way. would you like to come in?” He asked and motioned for Leon to enter the cabin, but not without throwing accusing glares at the strangers.

 

The cabin was cozy and only the three main alphas entered. Kun offered them water and some bread before giving one to Leon, the wild cat took it in his mouth making Kun smile and pat his head.

 

“I’m Taeyong, and we’ve uhm defeated the ruling alpha.” The head alpha spoke and Kun blinked at him before realization dawned at him.

 

‘Is Sicheng and the others okay?” He asked and Taeyong thought for a while.

 

“It’s one of the rebels, Winwin.” The second in command spoke and Taeyong nodded.

 

‘Ah yes, he actually asked us to come here.” Taeyong smiled cheerfully. “He wanted to make sure that you’re safe.” He informed Kun and the omega sighed and nodded.

 

‘No need to worry about me, I am perfectly fine.” Kun assured them.

 

“Yeah, about that, we want to invite you to our pack, Sicheng and the rest are waiting for you.” Taeyong informed him and it took Kun by surprise.

 

“I am not sure I belong to your pack.” Kun answered and as if sensing the wariness of his owner, Leon stood and approached kun, resting his head on the human’s lap and Kun instinctively ran a hand on his head.

 

“Why do you think so?” Taeyong asked, curious because Sicheng never mentioned the reason for Kun’s isolation.

 

‘My pack never wanted me, I’m an infertile omega.” Kun said with a soft voice and Taeyong’s heart broke, that was discrimination at its finest.

 

“Oh, that’s not a problem! We welcome anyone.” Taeyong tried his best to be welcoming, Neo CT was a bunch of misfits when they started, anyone that didn’t fit the mold, the Neos accepted.

 

“I’m fine living on my own, I have Leon with me.” Kun smiled lovingly at the wild cat who purred as he was petted.

 

 

“I’m sure Winwin and the others did not reach out to us just to leave you alone here.” Taeyong said and Kubn blinked at him once, twice, thrice.

 

---

 

Kun’s belongings were minimal, since he was isolated and he could only rely on his friends for a few things that he needed. He had gathered his clothes, pelts gifted by his younger alpha friends who had taken a liking to him as an older brother and in turn he made sure to take care of them, and a few trinkets that he had made to pass the time. Leon was stretching at the front yard when Kun stepped out and locked the cabin door behind him.

 

‘I’m, Youngho, let me get that for you.” The second in command took the bag and Kun thanked him before following him towards the others that are waiting for them.

 

 

“It’ll be a bit of travel.” Taeyong told Kun who nodded and called Leon to join them.

 

Kun was a special case because he never had his heat and people knew he was an omega is because he had heightened smell and he had a scent that is distinctly omega. The diagnosis was that he was infertile, his body not capable of going into heat to promote and pregnancy. An infertile omega was not a true omega, a disability that was taken as weakness by the pack, so he was isolated, in fear that he was a bringer of bad luck.

 

Kun had lived alone in the woods after his banishment and had learned to take care of himself. His friends Yongqin and Sicheng often visited him secretly bringing him all sorts of stuff that would keep him occupied and even bringing in fresh meat that the two would smuggle from the hunt. A few months living alone, Kun stumbled upon an injured wild kitten, the animal was rather weak and was nursing a wound, probably from hunters. Kun had picked up the kitten, and brought it back home, nursing him back to health. The kitten then grew attached to Kun and had been his pet ever since, even hunting small prey for him.

 

 

“He’s well behaved.” The third in command, Yoonoh, remarked and Kun beamed him a dimpled smile.

 

“He is.” Kun praised Leon who stopped to look at the alpha before moving in between, protecting his human from him. ‘And fiercely protective.” Kun chuckled as he scratched behind Leon’ ear.

 

“Noted.” Yoonoh chuckled and saluted to Leon who let out a growl in acknowledgement. “Let’s add in smart.” He chuckled and Leon seemed to approve that.

 

The travel took a day but when they entered the main pack territory, Kun was immediately engulfed by a crying Yongqin and an equally teary eyed Sicheng. “You’re safe!” Yongqin remarked and Kun smiled and kissed his temple, he did the same to Sicheng who was holding him tightly; and Yoonoh chuckled once more as Leon nudged Yongqin to pet him.

 

‘Kun ge!” a chorus of voices was heard and a few more bodies collided and hugged the omega with leon growling in complaint but did not attack anyone.

 

“I’m fine! Calm down.” Kun pacified everyone and Kun finally got a good look at them, his little circle of friends, younger pack mates that had come to him and befriended him without judgement.

 

“Oh hello!” A new voice greeted them and Kun looked at one of the most beautiful faces he had seen in his life. ‘I’m Yuta, and I believe my mate has yet to introduce me.” The man named Yuta reached to shook Kun’s hand and gave him one of the most beautiful smiles in the world.

 

‘I’m Kun, my apologies for disrespect you, head omega.” Kunb bowed his head and Yuta shook his head.

 

‘Please don’t be too formal, that title is making me feel old!” yuta remarked and Taeyong laughed next to him.

 

“He just prefers to be called my mate.” Taeyong informed Kun who smiled and nodded.

 

“We’ll let you settle in, your cabins are currently being built so you can stay at one of the guest houses.” Yuta informed him.

 

‘He’s staying with us.” Sicheng informed them and Yuta nodded.

 

“That makes sense.” Taeyong nodded in agreement.

 

“Taeyong hyung? Doyoung hyung wanted help in the kitchens!” A younger alpha called out and Kun perked up.

 

‘Can I help?” Kun asked and everyone looked at him.

 

“Kun ge is really good at cooking, like the best!” Xuxi, a younger alpha friend of Kun said and the others agree.

 

“Oh, a challenge.” Yuta instigated and Yoonoh grinned.

 

“Cook off!” He shouted and then pulled Kun towards the kitchens, running happily while Leon growled and chased after him.

 

 

“Well, you all coming?” Taeyong asked and everyone laughed and nodded.

 

 

“I’ll leave this at Sicheng’s room.” Youngho pointed to Kun’s bag and Sicheng nodded and led him towards the temporary shelter Sicheng and Yongqin are using while their cabins were being built.

 

 

“Thank you for granting my request.” Sicheng said as Youngho dropped the bag at theroom.

 

“Hey, it’s nothing, your previous alpha was irritating anyway.” Youngho shrugged his shoulders.

 

---

 

 

“A cook off?” Kun asked as Doyoung, Yoonoh’s mate, tied an apron behind him.

 

“Yeah, just something Taeyong and I do. We grow up together, everyone was actually rooting for us to get mated but hyung is just a really good friend.” Doyoung explained. “Taeyong hyung likes to cook, very un-alpha as others would say, and we just developed this competition so to speak. It helps Taeyong hyung take his mind off of some things.” Doyoung said and smiled at him.

 

“Oh, that is considerate of you.” Kun smiled back. “Leon, you can relax now.” Kun said and the wild cat stretched before laying down next to Yangyang, a newly presented alpha of Kun’s friend group, and a happy beagle immediately ran to him to play with him.

 

“Okay, let’s get it!” Taeyong shouted and everyone cheered as the three cooked their hearts out.

 

Kun was surprised at how serious Doyoung and Taeyong were and how their mates were cheering for them. Kun then chuckled while Yongqin started cheering for Kun and saying how he should show Neos what Weishens are made off.

 

“Oh shut up.” Doyoung barked but Yongqin just gave him a stink eye.

 

“Please don’t burn yourselves.” Taeil, the pack healer, muttered and his mate consoled him.

 

“We’ll just look forward to the yummy dinner.” Hansol pacified him and Taeil groaned once more.

 

 

The cook off ended up as a draw because whoever picked Xuxi as judge did not factor in that the alpha loved all food and that he enjoyed everything that the three prepared.

 

‘We’ll give it to Kun, it’s something we haven’t tasted yet.” Yuta suggested and everyone agreed.

 

“here.” Youngho handed him a cup of wine. “We usually give it to the winner of the cook off, those two are lightweight with alcohol.” Youngho informed Kun.

 

“Oh thank you.” Kun bowed his head and took a sip of the wine. “This is actually good!” Kun remarked.

 

“Youngho made that himself.” Taeil informed Kun.

 

‘Oh, that is impressive.” Kun was all smiles.

 

“If you’re interested to learn, I can teach you.”  Youngho shrugged.

 

“Really? I like learning but Wouldn’t your mate mind?” Kun asked making Taeil snort while Youngho glared at his hyung.

 

“I’m not mated.” Youngho said plainly.

 

 

“oh sorry if I assumed.” Kun bowed his head and Youngho dismissed him while Leon growled at Youngho for upsetting his human. ‘Leon.” Kun warned and the wild cat gave the alpha one more look before laying down and curling his tail on Kun’s leg.

 

 

“Oh that’s so cute!” Jungwoo, a younger omega cooed and asked kun if he could pet the cat.

 

“Leon?” Kun asked and the cat just looked at Kun then laid his head back on the ground. “it’s okay, please be gentle.” Kun said and Jungwoo softly petted the cat’s head.

 

 

----

 

Kun knocked on the medical cabin and Jungwoo welcomed him and Leon. “Taeil hyung, Kun and Leon are here!” Jungwoo announced and the healer was rushing to greet them, Leon more than Kun. ‘he’s a cat person.” Jungwoo informed kun who chuckled as Taeil pet the wild cat like he was a domestic cat, which he was partly due to Kun taking care of him.

 

 

‘Sorry, he’s just so big, other cats aren’t as majestic as him. Aren’t you a handsome fellow!” Taeil chirped and patted Leon one last time then allowed the cat to go out and lay in front of the cabin to enjoy some sun and the cool morning breeze. “What brings you here?” Taeil asked.

 

“I don’t really have anything to do so I am just asking around what help I can give. I’ve never been in a pack after my presentation so I don’t really know hierarchy and all that stuff.” Kun confessed.

 

“Oh goodness, hierarchy? Nah, we only recognize the three alphas as the ruling trio just because they started this pack. Their mates are pretty much our equal. We just respect our leader because he deserves it for keeping us intact and in line.” Taeil informed him.

 

“While you’re here, why not join us picking some herbs. The alphas are out on a hunt and god knows what wounds they would have on their bodies.” Taeil said and Jungwoo handed him a basket.

 

“It stresses Taeil hyung out. There are too many alphas to take care off and we are but a few. Of course the mated ones will have their omegas to take care of them. Taeil hyung made sure they knew basic first aide.” Jungwoo said as they left the cabin to enter the forest.

 

“Leon? We’re going.” Kun called out and Leon stretched his back then walked just behind the three omegas, protecting them in case of harm.

 

 

“I really love him!” Taeil was so excited and Kun laughed how adorable the oldest was.

 

 

 

When the alphas returned with bruises and wounds, the omegas and omegas were all tending to their mates, friends and siblings. Kun looked at Taeil who was fuming at the state of his mate, Hansol was sporting a pretty bad wound in the arm.

 

“Hansol hyung isn’t the most careful, he looks calm but he really has no self preservation.” Jungwoo shrugged as they walked towards the alphas that needed attention. ‘Oh, it’s Xuxi’s first hunt.” Jungwoo remarked and kun can sense the excitement from the younger omega.

 

 

“Go ahead, take care of him.” Kun urged him and Jungwoo bowed to him then ran to the alpha who was beaming at the sight of the omega, Kun smiled at the blooming relationship before walking away.

 

Kun noticed a lone figure walking towards the river and his instincts told him to follow the person. Leon was quick to be by his side and they went their way. Kun saw Youngho wash his wounds in the river, the alpha hissing as a particular large wound stung.

 

“Let me help you.” Youngho looked at the omega who joined him and shook his head.

 

‘I’m fine, I’ve been doing this for years.” Youngho informed him.

 

“It’s really not, you can’t clean all your wounds.” Kun insisted and Leon jumped on the water and drenching Youngho.

 

“What the…” Youngho glared at the cat who swished his tail and went out of the water to sit next to a fallen tree trunk and challenging the alpha.

 

“Come on.” Kun cocked his head towards the trunk and Youngho sighed, scooping some water in his basin and following the omega.

 

Kun took the washcloth and dipped on the water then wrung it out before wiping the alpha’s skin with it, removing dirt and debris. It was silent, Leon was yawning and curling next to Kun while the omega did his work, and Youngho just sat there, unmoving.

 

“It’s quite weird that you haven’t gotten yourself a mate, you are a very capable alpha.” Kun remarked, eyeing the skin marked with battle scars, from hunting and defeating enemies in disputes. ‘Sorry, that was a private thought.” Kun apologized and Youngho sighed.

 

‘It’s okay, I get that a lot you know.” Youngho explained as he adjusted his position so Kun can patch him up better. “My family has very high expectations for me, getting my self a trophy mate and all, but I detested that.” Youngho said and Kun nodded, empathic to the alpha who is being vulnerable now. “Many wanted to mate with me for my name, not really for who I am.” Youngho added, his shoulder sagging in defeat, and insecurities bled from his words.

 

“Well that surely is a bummer.” Kun said, wrapping cloth on one of Youngho’s forearms, expertly bandaging the wound.

 

“Yoonoh’s the same, he’s pretty much the desires of every omegas of his pack.” Youngho remarked and Kun nodded.

 

“I can see that, he’s charming.” Kun replied making Youngho chuckle.

 

‘He is isn’t he?” He asked and Kun nodded again. “But that’s all people see. Yoonoh was never seen beyond the pretty face not until Doyoung came along.” Youngho shared and Kun can see that, Doyoung treats Yoonoh like a child sometimes and Kun understood that Yoonoh wanted to be taken care off as well.

 

“Has that experience scarred you?” Kun asked as he carefully disinfected the large wound on the alpha’s leg.

 

 

“Yeah, kind of made me distrust my own capabilities. People will like me for my name. I could be the best warrior of the pack and people will just equate that to my family’s name. No matter how hard I try, it will always be because I am a Suh and not because I am Youngho.” Youngho shrugged and by now, Leon walked towards the alpha and sat next to him, laying his head on the alpha’s good thigh and asked to be pet.

 

“Leon is empathic, we kind of share that since we were both abandoned.” Kun explained and Youngho ran his hand on the wild cat’s head.

 

“At least you found each other, it’s good that you have him.” Youngho remarked and then thanked Kun for patching him up.

 

“For all it’s worth, you’re a good person Youngho-nim.” Kun said and Youngho smiled at him.

 

“Just hyung.” Youngho replied and Kun nodded. “We better get back, it’s getting dark.” The alpha said and they walked back towards the pack where they were setting up a bonfire.

 

 

“The head alpha has an announcement!” Dejun, one of Kun’s younger friends was excited and both Kun and Youngho were clueless about it.

 

“Must be important.” Youngho shrugged as he led Kun towards the medical cabin to return the basket before going to Taeyong while Kun excused himself and joined Yongqin and Sicheng.

 

 

“Where were you?” Taeyong asked as he eyed the bandages on Youngho which were pretty decent and not haphazardly placed on. “You got help?” He asked and Youngho nodded.

 

‘Yeah, Kun offered to do the bandages.” Youngho answered, there was no use in hiding that, Kun is a good person and people need to acknowledge that instead of being referred to as the infertile omega exhiled because of societal norms.

 

“he’s really good, only heard praises from the weishens. No wonder Winwin wanted him here, they really lost something when they made him an outcast.” Taeyong sighed, he truly believed that everyone is special and that no one should conform to a set mold, heck his mate wasn’t the trophy omega everyone thought of but he’s happy with Yuta.

 

“What’s the bonfire for?” Youngho asked and Taeyong sheepishly grinned at him.

 

“You’ll find out soon enough.” Taeyong answered and left the alpha to get his mate.

 

A bonfire was usually done for celebrations and tonight was just that. Taeyong had announced that Yuta is expecting, and everyone cheered as the head omega was smiling happily next to his mate, beaming with love and appreciation for his mate and his pack. Yuta and Taeyong then went around to receive their congratulations, and when they reached Kun, Yuta held his hand tightly.

 

“I hope that this is okay with you.” Yuta spoke and Kun was taken aback with the consideration.

 

‘I’ve already accepted my condition, don’t worry about me hyung. I am very very happy that you are expecting!” Kun beamed a smile, genuine and heartfelt.

 

“You’re such a blessing Kunnie!” Yuta remarked and hugged him once more before letting him go.

 

 

---

 

“Hey are you busy?” Youngho asked and Kun looked up from picking some herbal plants and shook his head.

 

‘Taeil hyung was running low on these so I just thought of picking them while I’m free. Do you need any help hyung?” Kun asked back and Youngho shook his head.

 

“Was just going to make some wine, thought you want to learn something.” Youngho shrugged and a smile bloomed on the omega’s face.

 

 

“Really? I’d love to learn!” Kun excitedly answered making Youngho laugh light-heartedly.

 

“Let’s go, the vineyard is this way.” Youngho led Kun towards the vineyard and Leon followed behind them, quite interested with a new place to explore.

 

 

The vineyard was beautiful and Kun was really impressed at how it was taken care of. The grapes were bursting in the vines and Kun was excited to pick them. Leon was yawning just next to Kun but his eyes saw a flash of fur making him alert. Kun looked at the area and saw a small prey running about and turned to the alpha. “Can Leon hunt?” Kun asked and Youngho nodded, of course he can. “go ahead Leon.” Kun gestured and the wild cat growled once then bumped his head on Youngho’s palm, asking to be pet as his gratitude before he dashed off to play with the prey.

 

 

“He’s free to hunt around, he doesn’t need permission.” Youngho emphasized as he took a basket and handed it to Kun.

 

“He still prefers to stick with me most of the times. It’s his instinct to protect me.” Kun explained as they walked across the vineyard and started picking the grapes.

 

 

Youngho led him towards a wooden structure like a barn and they dumped the grapes on a wooden basin to wash them and prepare them for crushing. ‘What do you use to crush them?” Kun asked and Johnny was already removing his sandals.

 

“We are going to stomp on them!” Youngho declared and Kun gaped at him. “Come on, let’s clean our feet.” Youngho said and Kun just sat next to him to do the same.

 

Once their feet were cleaned, Youngho helped him inside and held his hand to steady him as they started to stomp on the grapes.  It did feel weird but it was fun, so much that when Leon came back with a dead rat on his mouth, he was figuratively rolling his eyes at the humans who were both laughing while they practically danced inside the basin and the grapes were crushed under their feet. Leon decided to just leave the carcass on the ground as he lied next to it, intently looking at the humans as they danced around the wooden basin.

 

 

“Youngho hyung!” It was Donghyuck, one of the younger pack members and apparently someone that is really close to Youngho. “Oh You’re also here Kun hyung! Taeyong hyung is looking for you Youngho hyung.” Donghyuck informed him and then waved at them before dashing off to probably gossip with the younger members of the pack.

 

“Well, that will spread like wildfire.” Youngho sighed and Kun just shrugged his shoulders. “Let’s finish up, we better let this ferment.” Youngho announced, once again helping Kun out of the basin and washing his feet.

 

They then filtered the must and poured the juice into wooden barrels to allow them to ferment. Leon was waiting by the door, he felt intrusive but was waiting patiently for his human. Youngho picked up the dead rat and Leon eyed him as the alpha checked the carcass before throwing out for Leon to fetch. The wild cat was eager to fetch, and it made the alpha laugh loudly.

 

 

“It’s yours Leon! Have fun with it.” Youngho shouted and with the permission, Leon devoured the rat happily.

 

 

Taeyong had his eyebrow raised as he watched Youngho sit next to him at the council table. “And how was the wine escapade?” Taeyong teased the slightly older alpha and Youngho rolled his eyes.

 

“It was fruitful.” The pun left Youngho’s mouth causing an eruption of laughter.

 

“Hey, if the wine is sweeter, I have no problems with it.” Taeyong replied with a resounding laugh.

 


“You dare say that when you’re a light weight.” Yuta rolled his eyes making Taeyong pout.

 

“So shall we begin this meeting because we’ve wasted too much time already.” Doyoung announced and everyone became serious.

 

 

NeoCT will be expanding and that meant they must be more aggressive with their strategies. With Weishen previous alphas overthrown and killed and the land under their territory, it was only logical to develop the territory to make it profitable in the long run. Weishen land was fertile but the poor management had meant that it was not progressing as much as it should.

 

“Should we include Weishen to get their opinion? They know the land more than we do.” Youngho piped up and everyone looked at him.

 

“Oh I get it.” Yoonoh grinned at him and Youngho snarled at him. “We’ll get them.” Yoonoh stood to fetch the elder members of Weishen while Taeyong and Yuta were grinning like mad men, such friends Youngho has.

 

Kun, Yongqin and Sicheng arrived with Yoonoh and the three were definitely confused because why would they be called in at such an important meeting? The Neos gave them space to sit and Youngho had to roll his eyes as Taeil and Hansol moved away from him to give Kun space to sit while yoonoh patted the space next to him for Sicheng. Aren’t his friends the best?

 

“Don’t worry, this is not that serious.” Taeyong announced and Doyoung scoffed at him.

 

“Hyung, you are such a clown.” Doyoung remarked.

 

“What Taeyong meant is that you’re not in trouble.” Youngho clarified and the three Weishens breathed a sigh of relief.

 

“So yeah, it’s not bad.” Taeyong chuckled. “We are just discussing about the expansion and upgrade of Weishen territory.” Taeyong spoke and the three were all ears.

 

“You lived there, so you know it better than us.” Doyoung said and the three nodded.

 

 

“I know the better parts of the forest for hunting.” Sicheng piped up. “It’s near the river that connects to NeoCT.” Sicheng pointed to an area in the map and everyone nodded. ‘We could build a bridge to connect the two territories and build the capitals closer to each other so travel won’t be as long between the two territories.” Sicheng suggested.

 

“The land here is fertile, we had gathered fruits and vegetables on this area.” Yongqin supplied. “There are a lot of exotic fruits that only grow on Weishen and same with NeoCt. If they are crossbred, we would have a steady stream of produce.” Yongqin proudly suggested, making everyone nod in agreement.

 

They all then turned to Kun who blinked at them owlishly. Youngho nudged him to share what he knows and Kun nodded and looked at the map. “My cabin is here, the land there is flourishing.” Kun pointed at the area, remembering the routes that he had taken during his isolation, discovering new places and edible plants in his journey. “I used to take this route, it leads to a waterfall system, there’s lots of fishes in there.” Kun directed them into a side of the mountain, not far from the pinned cabin. “This area here is dense and dangerous. I hadn’t tried going there but I found Leon over here, just near the tall trees.” Kun marked the area. “The older trees could be used for wood, the overgrowth are causing rot in the other plants.” Kun pouted and everyone nodded. ‘if we could tame this area, we could expand the hunting grounds as it will provide a larger area for preys to breed.” Kun finished and the Neos were really thankful that they invited the three for this meeting.

 

 

“You’re truly a blessing!” Yuta stood to embrace the younger omega. “You’ll be the godfather of my baby!” Yuta announced and everyone gasped. “So? I like Kun, you can get your own godfather when you get your own!” Yuta stuck his tongue out.

 

 

“We’re all planning to get Kun as godfather anyway.” Doyoung shrugged.

 

“And here I was thinking that I get to be the godfather.” Youngho sighed and Kun turned to him with wide eyes and he immediately apologized. “hey,, I was just joking!” Youngho nervously laughed.

 

“Like we’re not getting you as a godfather, Yuta can choose Kun and I can choose Youngho, there, our baby will have two godfathers.” Taeyong said and both looked at him. “You two are both single, it’s the logical thing. You can be the day care.” Taeyong remarked and he earned a scowl from his mate.

 

“You’re all so funny.” Kun laughed while Yuta hugged him like a koala.

 

 

----

 

“Youngho hyung!” Kun walked up to the alpha and handed him a small wrap with food. The alpha was confused but he thanked Kun. Kun beamed him a smile before he went to Sicheng to give him his own food.

 

“Looks like someone’s taking care of you.” Yoonoh nudged the older who just shook his head but grinned as he tucked the food in his bag, happy that his lunch later would be something aside from the sweet potatoes that he was planning on bringing.

 

During their lunch break, Sicheng approached Youngho and the older knew what it was about, the Talk. Sicheng has been the one to approach NeoCT and had been begging Taeyong to help him get Kun, and even though the alpha is already mated to Yongqin, Kun means a lot to the pair.

 

“Youngho hyung.” Sicheng spoke and Youngho urged him to continue. “What do you think of Kun ge?” Sicheng asked and Youngho paused to think of his words, careful because Sicheng is not afraid to fight for the sake of his beloved.

 

 

“Kun is a good person.” Youngho started. “I’m not taking advantage of him if this is what you’re worried about.” Youngho informed him and Sicheng nodded.

 

“I know that you’re not that kind of person.” Sicheng gave him a weak smile. ‘I am also happy that you befriended Kun ge, but I just hope that it’s not out of pity.” Sicheng sighed and Youngho understood that, he wouldn’t want that to happen to Kun and he genuinely befriended Kun for his personality and not because of his condition.

 

“I didn’t befriend him out of pity just as he befriended me not because I am from the Suh clan.” Youngho relayed and that was enough for Sicheng.

 

“Thank you, for taking care of Kun ge. He’s been lonely and isolated for so long and only had us to interact with. I am sure that he is a handful sometimes, eager to learn, eager to help, because he had not experienced how it is to be in a pack.” Sicheng added and youngho agreed.

 

“It’s okay, it’s endearing.” Youngho smiled and that was enough for Sicheng, Youngho is a good person and he knows that he won’t hurt Kun intentionally.

 

 

The hunt was successful, and the alphas brought in the animals for their stock for winter. The alphas also brought in pelts and furs for their omegas to sew into coats and blankets. Youngho walked towards Kun, who was sitting by the front of his cabin, sorting some old fur to use, and handed him some pelt and Kun was wide eyed at the alpha.

 

“Why?” Kun had asked, the only words that came out from his mouth.

 

“You know why.” Youngho replied and deep down both knew the reason but were too afraid to voice it out.

 

“But you know my condition.” Kun reiterated.

 

‘And you know mine.” Youngho quickly replied. “Whatever this is, I know that it feels right, and we’ll take it in whatever pace and direction that we both want it.” Youngho stated and Kun became emotional.

 

“Are you really sure?” Kun asked and Youngho nodded. “Are you really really sure?” Kun asked again and the alpha nodded once more.

 

“Can I court you Kun?” Youngho asked and offered a necklace to the omega, it bore a fang from a wild boar that Youngho killed on his first hunt. Kun nodded as he cried then allowed Youngho to wear the necklace on him, Leon growled to make his presence known and squeezed himself between the two. “Well your son approves of me.” Youngho joked and it made Kun laugh.

 

“Come out, you’re not stealthy as you thought you were.” Youngho called out and soon, the younger members of the pack emerged from the bushes grinning at them.

 

“Are you our alpha now?” Kunhang asked and it confused Youngho. “We treat Kun ge as our Omega, he’s our quasi leader since he’s the oldest.” He further explained and then Youngho nodded.

 

‘Yeah sure, my stepchildren.” Youngho regarded them and it was Chenle, the youngest, who ran to hug him.

 

“hurt my gege and you’re dead.” Chenle said and next to him, his puppy named Daegal barked as loud as his tiny body could allow while Leon swiped a paw at the puppy, Youngho thinks this is better than anything he had experienced in meeting potential mates.

 

 

The pelts and furs were sewn into coats and blankets, and Youngho was delighted as he flaunted it at the meeting, pulling Kun to sit next to him. Taeyong was grinning at him while Yuta pouted, he wanted to hug Kun, the younger omega radiated comfort, the pregnant omega wanted comfort.

 

“go and hug him.” Youngho turned to Yuta and the pregnant male waddled and sat next to Kun and hugged him tightly.

 

 

“Unfair, why did you accept Youngho?” Yuta mumbled and was soon closing his eyes tiredly.

 

“Hey, I gave you permission and you say that?” Youngho feigned being hurt.  “When Are you due?” Youngho asked and Yuta yawned.

 

“6 weeks give or take.” Yuta informed his friend.

 

“A winter child.” Taeyong added.

 

“I hope it snows!” Kun remarked and Yuta nodded in agreement.

 

---

 

Yuta delivered a beautiful boy, and everyone in the pack cheered and celebrated the birth and the first snow fell that night. They named the boy Seungcheol, and they both wished that their son would grow up into a person with a big heart. Taeyong was deeply in love with his mate and their son, truly he had been gifted with a love filled family and he made sure to shower them with love and protection.

 

A few days after the birth of Seungcheol, Youngho went into his pre-rut. He had locked himself inside his cabin to deal with it as he usually does but a knock on the door disturbed him from his preparations. “You better come to the medical cabin, Taeil is looking for you.” Hansol informed him and Youngho hurriedly went with the older.

 

Leon was scratching the door when they arrived but when he saw Youngho, he stepped aside and allowed the alphas to enter. Youngho’s eyes went wide as he saw Kun lying on the bed, body on fire with a raging fever and the omega was sobbing as he felt pain all over.

 

 

“What is happening?” Youngho asked, sitting next to the omega and taking his hand to give him comfort. Kun whined as he felt the alpha’s touch then blinked at him.

 

“Alpha?” Kun breathed out and Youngho’s eyes dilated for a second but shook it off.

 

 

“He’s not infertile, he’s a late bloomer and his true mate triggered his heat. He’s a rare case, this is something omegas did in the past, reserving themselves for their mates.” Taeil explained. ‘Kun’s heat coincided with your run, for a reason.” Taeil added and Youngho gaped at him. “it’s his first heat, it will be difficult without his alpha.” Taeil was firm and Youngho understood.

 

“I’ll take care of him.” Youngho stated and carried the omega out of the medical cabin and towards his own.

 

Leon followed after, recognizing his human was in pain, but he merely followed, growling at anyone who dared ask or bother them. Leon stood on guard outside Youngho’s cabin and he was firm that no one disturbed them.

 

Youngho laid the omega on his bed, the pelt was soft on Kun’s skin but his body was aching for his alpha. “Kun, Kun.” Youngho called out and Kun made grabby hands for the alpha. “Listen to me. I want you to consent.” Youngho stated and Kun, by miracle, had enough sanity to consent to his alpha.

 

 

Slow kisses, searing touches, it was not quenching the heat, but it was small relief for the omega who would experience his heat for the first time. Youngho’s rut was creeping in and as much as both would want to be sane for their first time, it wasn’t possible as the carnal desire to claim, to dominate, to submit and to pleasure was fogging both of their systems. The omega begged and begged for the alpha’s knot and the alpha delivered, knotting the omega, claiming him as his own, but not marking him yet, they’ll do that properly when they have control of their minds and bodies.

 

Kun moaned as he presented himself for his alpha to claim him again and again, until the heat was satiated with the alpha knotting him, connecting their bodies and never letting go. Surely it would hurt after but the pleasure, the desire, and perhaps the love was all that bloomed the few days and nights that they shared together, bonded as one soul, and each others’ mate.

 

It was the third day when Kun woke up with less fog in his brain and thoughts were more coherent. He looked at his body, fair skinned now marked with bruises and that was definitely a hand print the size of Youngho’s. He was under the blankets, and he was sticky, the fever had made him sweat but it was the that seeped from him that made him gasp.

 

 

‘Kun?” Youngho entered the room, food and water on both his hands. “Here, eat this.” Youngho gave him the food but Kun was speechless, what had happened.

 

“Youngho hyung..” Kun spoke and the alpha placed the food on the side then ran a hand on Kun’s head, calming him. “Did we.. did i?” Kun wasn’t sure.

 

“Yes, you’ve gotten your heat.” Youngho said calmly and Kun started crying. Youngho embraced him, kissing the top of his head as Kun wrapped an arm around his alpha. His Alpha.

 

“I can.. I can give you children.” Kun sobbed and Youngho hummed and kissed his crown once more. ‘I’m so happy.” Kun cried out and Youngho was silently crying, his omega, his precious mate had finally felt whole and complete, and he was the reason for it.

 

 

“I’m very happy too.” Youngho was honest, he was sincere with his words. Kun had been the one to approach him first, treated him kindly and not minding of his background. Youngho was insecure that he was not enough, that people only see him for his name, but Kun was different, Kun made him see his worth. Kun had befriended Youngho.

 

“Can you mark me?” Kun had asked when he had sobered up, tears now partly dry.

 

“If you only want to.” Youngho answered and Kun nodded, offering his neck to the alpha.

 

 

Youngho kissed the smooth skin and on it before he bit down hard and marked the omega, claiming him to be his mate. The pain gushed and Kun screamed but it was replaced by desire, to bond with his alpha, to submit and to entrust his whole being to the man that completed him.

 

When their heat and rut were done, they cleaned up and eventually went out and once more, Kun was engulfed by a crying Yongqin and Sicheng was glaring at Youngho, the alpha grinned sheepishly and the younger of the two sighed then smiled.

 

“Kunnie! Kunnie!” Yongqin was sobbing and Kun embraced his friend tightly.

 

“I’m okay Qinqin.” Kun replied fondly.

 

‘I am happy that you are.” Yongqin smiled at him and then held both of his hands. ‘Because you’re going to be a godfather again!” Yongqin announced and Kun screamed in excitement.

 

“You’re pregnant!” Kun was happy, truly happy for his friend. “Why didn’t you tell me earlier!” Kun pouted and Yongqin felt guilty.

 

 

“I didn’t want to be insensitive.” Yongqin replied and Kun pulled him in another hug and motioned for Sicheng to join them.  “Congratulations!” He greeted and Sicheng gladly accepted the warmth of his omega friend, his most precious older brother who now also found his happiness.

 

“Congratulations to you too Kun ge.” Sicheng held him tightly.

 

Kun limped and Youngho received death glares from the Weishens but Kun dismissed them, he was fine, it hurts but what can he do when he experienced his heat for the first time and his mate is well endowed as an alpha? Kun never regretted it though, he was happy to be Youngho’s mate, and to be that person to also complete the alpha, making the older forget his insecurities and believing in himself more. If he had to limp to show to everyone to whom he belonged to, and bare his pale skin now marked with he bite of his alpha, he’ll parade it anytime.

 

 

Taeyong greeted them warmly and Yuta was glaring at Youngho as Kun limped towards them. Kun assured the pack omega that he was fine and Taeyong nodded as he handed them a piece of parchment and the two looked at their pack alpha who was grinning at them.

 

 

“Take it as a mating gift!” Taeyong informed them but Kun shook his head. ‘Oh please, those boys are as loyal to you as they are to me. It will do everyone good. I, myself will not be able to lead both territories but you, both of you can help me.” Taeyong assured them and Youngho wrapped an arm around his mate and kissed his temple.

 

“You can do this.” Youngho merely muttered and Kun was again crying.

 

 

From being isolated due to infertility, to being a pack omega who had his pack’s loyalty, Kun never imagined that he’ll get to where he is now. He sat cradling Minghao while Youngho played with Jisoo and Leon allowed Junhui to play with his tail, and he looked lovingly at his pack, thriving and growing under their guidance.

 

Taeyong and Yuta approached them, giving their greetings while Seungcheol ran to Jisoo and the two ran towards jeonghan, Sicheng’s first born. Their younger son Wonwoo joined Junhui to play with Leon and the wild cat stood and decided to entertain the kids and played chase.

 

 

“It’s been a while.” Taeyong greeted and Kun smiled at him. “You’ve done well.” Taeyong praised him and Kun was very happy that his pack alpha was proud of him and his sub-pack.

 

Youngho joined them and Minghao squirmed and went down to play with his friends and the four leaders went inside to discuss important pack matters.

 

From being the insecure alpha, Youngho had stood proud and happy with his mate by his side and his family and adopted pack under him. His right hand, Sicheng had been a constant ally especially when Kun and Ten teamed up against them, and he had the approval of Leon. The wild cat was in favor of him that he had been constantly asked to be petted and would join him to hunt for their pack, allowing the alpha to lord over him.

 

 

Two unlikely people constrained by social perception, forced to live alone and believed that no one was meant to be with them, found that maybe it was just leading them to something that was meant to be right, to have and to hold, a true mate of their own.

 

 

 

a/n: Leon biased over here so he’ll get as much screen time.

I wanted to write a short story but it turned to a word vomit. Excuse my sad excuse for a johnkun content.