Screaming Frog Saturdays

Polarity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten was rudely awoken by the familiar sound of someone banging on his door. With a groan, he rolled over and pulled his blankets up over his head, nestling further down on his couch and trying to ignore the sound in the hopes that he could sneak in a little more sleep. 

"TEN!" someone—someone that Ten unfortunately knew—shouted. "Wake up! It's an emergency!" 

With a growl that would impress the most ferocious of housecats, Ten exploded from the nest he had made on his couch and stormed to the door. He unlocked it and yanked it open with more force than was necessary, letting it bang against the doorstop and inhaling in preparation to scold Lucas loudly and publicly (the inhabitants of the house across the way were peeking out of their door, watching the shenanigans with interest). 

"Unless someone is—"

"It's Johnny!" Lucas blurted, effectively taking the wind out of Ten's sails. 

"Johnny," the sorcerer repeated, and slammed his door shut. 

Knock knock knock. 

"Ten?" 

Knock knock knock.

Ten ignored Lucas' knocking as he stumbled into his room to pull off his pajamas and make himself semi-presentable. He tripped into the bathroom and ran his fingers through his hair, futilely trying to tame the mess, and eventually gave up in favor of finding his shoes instead.

"Ten?" 

Hopping around on one foot as he pulled his first shoe on, Ten snarled, "Give me a minute, Lucas." He made eye contact with Leon and rolled his eyes as he switched feet. The cat merely slow-blinked at him and curled up, settling in the warm spot that Ten had vacated on the couch.

"You're always so supportive of my struggles," the sorcerer muttered before he opened the door once again. 

Lucas smiled hesitantly. "S—"

"What's wrong with Johnny?" Ten interrupted. He used his foot to gently nudge Louis away from the door and stepped outside, shutting the door behind him so neither of his cats could get out and terrorize the neighborhood. Lucas was wise enough to move out of the tiny sorcerer's way, already well-acquainted with his terrible temper when he was woken from his slumber.

Lucas waking him up on Saturday mornings was, unfortunately, a common occurrence. 

"Well, he... was doing wizardy things this morning," the shapeshifter said, as though that explained everything. 

"He's a wizard. Of course he was doing 'wizardy things'." Ten folded his arms over his chest, making his impatience well-known. "You woke me up at eight on a Saturday morning just because of that?" 

"No!" yelped Lucas. "No, but it started with the wizard things. See, Johnny... he might have... Well, it was an accident, but—" 

Sometimes, Ten wanted to slap Lucas upside the head, but he smiled thinly and restrained himself. "Lucas. Get to the point." 

"Johnny turned himself into a frog." 

Ten blinked. "Johnny turned himself into a frog?" he repeated. "How did Johnny manage that?" 

"I told you! He was doing his magical wizard stuff and then bam, frog." Lucas shrugged. "He kept croaking something that sounded like Ten so I assumed he meant that you'd be able to help, so here I am! Can you unfrog him?"

Ten wanted to go back to his couch, nestle down with his cats and never emerge. Instead, he stepped out of his house and f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter