Ending Scene

We meet again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the road I was seeing you off

I'm still standing there

I see the seasons you loved come and go

 

You don't have to try

Whenever it's too much for you

Forget my name

 

When flower petals fly around

Another spring will come to you

 

 

 

Even it takes some time

You have to be happy

 

------------------—————-------------------
 

Jeongyeon takes a deep breath. It’s been five years since she last step foot on her country. She remembers the last time she was here, at the airport waiting for her flight. She used to have short brown hair, now she let her hair grow a little bit that it reaches her shoulders and she dyed it blonde. Nothing really changed with her appearance aside from the fact that she grew older. She looks happier more than ever.

 

She’s amazed to see that there are a lot of improvements that happened in the past years. The airport is now bigger and looks sophisticated because of the glass panels and robot assistants. There are tons of western clothing brands and restaurants that are not available before.

Jeongyeon holds on to the strap of her backpack and tightens her grip at her carry-on luggage on another hand as she walks towards the exit where someone is waiting for her return. 

 

It’s Momo’s wedding day two days from now and Jeongyeon will not miss her old roommate’s wedding for the world. Momo will never forgive her if she did.

 

“Jeong!” She tries to look for the person calling out to her among the crowd once she has reached the waiting area. 

 

“Dahyun!” She exclaims with glee once she spots the girl who now wears eyeglasses and has long silver hair.

 

“Hey. Sorry it’s only me who came over to pick you up. The rest are already at the resort helping Momo and her wife to be with the preparations.” Dahyun explains as the girl helps Jeongyeon carry her bags.

 

“It’s fine. I even told Momo to not send someone over cause I still know my way around here. She’s treating me like a foreigner in my own country. She even sends an attorney to be my driver.” Jeongyeon shakes her head disapprovingly while Dahyun can only giggle at her words for pointing out Dahyun's occupation. 

 

They put her luggage at the back of Dahyun’s car before they set off on a two hour car ride while catching up on the past five years they didn’t see each other. 

 

 

—————

 

 

“Jeongyeon! My friend, my beloved roommate!” Jeongyeon hears her before she sees her as she gets tackled on to the ground by no other than Momo, the bride of this wedding. Dahyun and her have just exited the car when Momo showed up.

 

“Ex, Momo. Ex roommate! You’ll be getting married in a few days and you still haven’t changed.” Jeongyeon lifts both of their bodies up from the ground and gives Momo a tight hug. She missed the girl so much. Momo has been one of her friends who never failed to keep in touch with her despite the distance. Momo was even supposed to go to the US to see her before but Momo booked a flight while she’s drunk and the girl ended up going to Paris instead.

 

“You’re my forever roommate, Jeongie. I’m so glad you’re the one in charge of our wedding cake and desserts. It’s gonna be epic! A world class pastry chef will bake me and the wife our sweet goodies!” Momo kisses her cheeks and giggles which only made Jeongyeon move her face away from her friend.

 

It feels as if nothing has changed, yet everything is not what it used to be.

 

“Is this the person who’s gonna be the reason why our wedding gets cancelled? We haven’t even said our “I do’s” yet and here you are clinging on to another woman, Hirai.” Everyone turns their head to look at who spoke.

 

“Wifey! Jeongyeonie meet the girl, the myth, the legend, my wife, Sana, in the flesh.” Momo happily introduces her friend and soon to be wife. Of course Jeongyeon has met Sana before but only when she talks to Momo on FaceTime.

 

Momo met Sana after she stupidly booked that flight to Paris. Momo shared that she was out dining on different restaurants to taste different food in Paris until in one restaurant, Sana who happens to walk past her table trips on a rock and dumps the contents of her iced coffee on Momo’s very white shirt.

 

Long story short, after that fateful day, two years of knowing each other, both of them are now days away from tying the knot. 

 

“Are you sure about your decision, Sana? You can always back out. Everyone from Momo’s side will understand.” Jeongyeon jokes and she’s hit by Momo throwing a playful jab at her stomach.

 

“Now that I saw you in person, I do think I’m marrying the wrong friend here. Maybe you can take me away, Jeongyeonie?” Sana adds to the teasing which made everyone crack into a huge fit of laughter when Momo at her ripe age of twenty eight, started pouting.

 

“That’s enough guys, let’s allow Jeong to take a rest before we start our little gathering later.” Dahyun intercepts before the joke gets too far as she asks everyone to enter the guest house where all of them will be staying so Jeongyeon can take a rest and eat something.

 

Once the four of them got inside the three story rest house, Jeongyeon is welcomed by the two youngest in their group, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu. Chaeyoung and Tzuyu are childhood friends but lately the group have noticed that the two seemed to have crossed the line of friendship and romance but the group have collectively decided to not get involved with how they will deal with their situation so everyone doesn't point out the tension between the two.

 

“Wahh! It’s my bro!” Chaeyoung runs towards Jeongyeon and jumps on her to wrap her in a tight embrace.

 

“Chaeyoung you’re still my little baby but you’ve gained a few pounds! I can no longer lift you like a child.” Jeongyeon jests before she walks over to Tzuyu to give their youngest a tight hug. 

 

“I miss you Tzuyu.”

 

“We’ve seen each other two weeks ago. Don’t be too dramatic.” Tzuyu rolls her eyes and laughs. Tzuyu is a model so she travels all over the world and is a frequent visitor at Jeongyeon’s apartment in Washington so they never really miss out on each other's life. Jeongyeon knows how Tzuyu has a crush on Chaeyoung since they were younger but Chaeyoung being Chaeyoung, the girl is too preoccupied with her artwork to even see Tzuyu's different attitude towards her.

It seems like everyone is already here but Jeongyeon finds herself searching for her which Tzuyu takes notice.

"She and Jihyo are still not here. We are finally complete. All it takes is a wedding for everyone to be able to clear their schedules." Tzuyu says while munching on the bread that Chaeyoung is feeding her.

 

—————

 

 

“Sorry I failed to mention that she’s here, Mina.” Mina hears Jihyo tell her once the older girl has parked the car facing the guest house where their friends are staying at for Momo and Sana’s wedding.

 

“It’s fine Jih. It’s been five years. We’ve all moved on. I just hope she’s not mad at me. Or else it’ll be awkward.” Mina sighs and avoids Jihyo’s eyes when she feels that the other girl is looking at her.

 

“She has moved on. You, clearly haven’t Mina. I hope you’ll forgive yourself for what the younger you has done before. You’ve grown so much, I’m sure Jeongyeon will see it and knowing her, I’m sure she already forgot about what happened between you two before.” 

 

 

But I don’t want her to forget. Mina thinks.

 

Mina just nods at what Jihyo said. She takes a look at herself in her pocket mirror. She looks like she's aged when she decided to cut her long, black hair - short and go for a bob cut. Her colleagues called it her "auntie look" but she likes it because it makes her feel like she no longer resembles the girl she used to be.

 

She exits the car to breathe in the fresh, salty air since the guest house is near the beach where Momo and Sana’s wedding will take place.

 

Mina is worried about seeing her ex girlfriend again after years of being apart.

 

After Jeongyeon has left her without any warning, she was inconsolable. She didn’t go to work for almost a month which got her fired, Mark’s girlfriend found out about their secret affair and she left him. Mina ignored him and his pleas on starting a relationship with her. Mina shut everyone out because she was mad that Jeongyeon has just decided to leave her without even bothering to talk it out with her. She knows she doesn’t have the right to demand a talk from Jeongyeon after what she did but she thinks Jeongyeon was too cruel to leave her all of a sudden without even saying goodbye. Without being mad at her or cursing her. Jeongyeon’s silence and avoidance was the cruelest form of punishment that Mina had to endure.


Mina blinks back to reality when she hears Jihyo call out to her.

 

Both she and Jihyo walked towards the guest house and once they are inside they hear people haughtily urging someone to chug their beer.

 

“Yah Yoo Jeongyeon! You better finish your beer before going to bed you little hag!” Mina hears Momo teasing Jeongyeon from the corner of the room. All of the girls look like they’ve had a few too many alcoholic drinks in their system.

 

“Heeey! Jihyo! Mina! Come on in. The little party is just getting started.” Dahyun welcomes them and tells the rest of the group inside the house about their presence. Mina thought it will be awkward but it seems like everyone has already forgotten her past mistakes but herself. Everyone hugs her and tell her they missed her and when it's Jeongyeon’s turn to greet her, she expected a slap or mad tirade of words but all she received is a gentle and warm hug from her former lover. 

 

“I missed you Minari. How’s everything?” Jeongyeon asks once she pulls away from the hug. Mina still can’t believe how Jeongyeon can act like Mina didn’t hurt her and pushed her to stay away from the country because of her stupidity. Mina wants to cry.
 

Jeongyeon is supposed to be mad at her, she’s supposed to hate her, to curse at her. Jeongyeon being kind and asking her how she’s been doing is not on the list of the possible scenarios she came up with over the years. The thought that Jeongyeon does not care about her and their memories anymore hurt her more than she likes to admit. 

 

“I-I’m f-fine. It’s… it’s so good to see you again.” Mina said breathlessly.

 

“Yeah. It’s nice to be with my old friends again.” Jeongyeon smiles at her before asking her if she wants a beer which Mina just nods at.

 

Jeongyeon takes cans of beer from the cooler and gives Mina and Jihyo a can each before Jeongyeon has to walk away when her phone starts to ring. Of course her phone won’t stop ringing, she’s one of the most in demand pastry chef not only in the US but all over the world. Deep down Mina is glad Jeongyeon found the time to come home and be with her friends again.

 

 

“See? I told you everyone has moved on and you didn’t need to worry about what happened in the past.” Jihyo whispers, trying to lighten the mood.

 

“I think so.” Mina says as she gulps down her beer while still looking at Jeongyeon who was on her phone.

 

—————

 

 

“Let’s play truth or dare!” Momo exclaims.

 

“What are we twelve?!”

 

“Yeah it’s a little childish for our age, Momo.”

 

“You look twelve Chaeyoung.”

 

“Let me finish. We will play truth or dare. If you won’t answer the truth or do the dare, you have to strip one article of clothing and down three shots of vodka!”

 

“Momo! You’re literally next to your soon to be wife how can you suggest such-“

 

“I like it! It sounds challenging and fun. You’re such a genius baby. That's why I'm marrying you.” Sana kisses Momo on the lips before proceeding, “Let’s do it. Please? We’re all girls and we know each other so well by now. It should be easy and fun.” Sana giggles and rests her head on Momo’s neck, clearly drunk.

 

Everyone just agreed to make the two brides happy.

 

 

“I’ll spin first!” Momo says while raising both of her hands in the air like a child.

 

She spins an empty bottle of bud light while eight girls circles around it.

 

It stops spinning on Tzuyu. 

 

 

“Ooohh!” Everyone cheers.

 

“I dare you to kiss the prettiest girl in the room.” Momo laughs while waiting for Tzuyu to make her move.

 

Tzuyu’s face stayed nonchalant before she turns to the girl right next to her and kisses her on the lips which the latter accepted whole heartedly. After a few shared kisses both girls shared a look with everyone.

 

“We’re together. Of course she’ll think I’m the prettiest girl in the room.” Chaeyoung gives everyone a grin and gives Tzuyu another kiss before letting the girl spin the bottle again.

 

“We saw it coming.”

 

“Shall we pretend to be shocked?”

 

“I’m so proud of you both!”

 

“This is old news.”

 

Both Tzuyu and Chaeyoung only laugh and rolled their eyes at the older girls in response. The bottle then stopped and pointed at Sana which the girl can only drunkenly giggle at. 

 

“I choose truth!” 

 

“Why Momo?” Tzuyu asks and everyone started laughing including the now dazed Momo.

 

“Because she’s Momo and even when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter