Camping Style Dinner

Peach Sunrise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungyoon finishes the dakgalbi with a big smile on his face. “Woah.” He shouts as he tries to scoop all the remaining sauce that is left in the container. He didn’t expect it would taste this good. “Did he really make this by himself?” He says in disbelief.

 

Seungyoon puts down the container on the table, drinks his beer, and rests his back, eyes staring at the woods across the lake. He scoffs, a bit embarrassed thinking about how cowardly he might look in front of Lee Seunghoon earlier. Of course, they would not have made this area a camping ground if there were wild beasts nearby, why was he surprised?

 

Lee Seunghoon. Seungyoon smiles, realizing how similar their names are. “That’s easy to remember.” He takes his phone and starts browsing ‘Lee Seunghoon’ on Instagram. There are some results with the same or similar names and he clicks on the first account in the list. Nope, not the Lee Seunghoon he met today. He continues with the second on the list. Also not the Lee Seunghoon he is looking for. Judging by the profile picture and the username, the third account in the list also doesn't seem like him. He keeps scrolling but the more he scrolls, the more it gets unrelated to Lee Seunghoon.

 

Seungyoon scrolls the result page back to the top, then he notices that the fourth account in the list uses a photo of someone from the back, facing a mountain. It could be him? The back figure of the person in the profile picture looks similar to Seunghoon. He clicks on the account and gets disappointed when he finds the lock icon and the ‘this account is private’ label on the profile. He sighs. He is not sure if that’s the right Lee Seunghoon anyway. It’s weird though, this person has more than 2000 followers but his account is private. Usually, people with this many followers are considered small influencers and they don’t private their accounts.

 

So, Seungyoon moves to Google and searches for Lee Seunghoon. He laughs bitterly. There are plenty of public figures named Lee Seunghoon including the gold medalist speed skater. The search result columns are filled with profiles and articles about the famous Lee Seunghoons, but none of them is the one he met today.

 

Seungyoon gives up. He locks his phone and stares at the woods again, lips slightly pouting, thinking. He looks at his phone, opens contacts, and Seunghoon’s contact number. Should I just message him? He’s moving his thumb over the message button, hesitating whether he should text the guy or not if it would leave an overly friendly impression, or rather petty? He gets rid of that thought by quickly shaking his head. He can say ‘thank you’ to show gratitude for the help, it will be fine. It should be fine, nothing weird.

 

Seungyoon starts typing the message. The dakgalbi was so good! Are you a chef? He pauses for a second, then deletes that message. That sounded too friendly for someone he just met. He changes a few words and clicks send.

 

Me

Today, 04.10 pm

The dakgalbi was so delicious! Thank you again.

 

Unlike what he expected, Seunghoon replies to his message directly, in less than a minute. Seunghoon is probably on his phone too at that moment.

 

Camping Expert

04.10 pm

I thought I stated clearly that my number is for emergencies only?

You’re welcome, though.

 

Seungyoon chuckles. He thinks Seunghoon would be quite frigid, but then, reading the message in the reply, he guesses that he wouldn’t?

 

Me

04.11 pm

I’m in an emergency.

 

Camping Expert

04.12 pm

I refuse to believe that.

 

Me

04.12 pm

My emergency is that I'm running out of dakgalbi!

It was so good, are you a chef?

 

Seungyoon doesn’t get a reply directly after that message. He sighs. Maybe Seunghoon is doing something else at the moment. He is curious though, what do people usually do during camping except cooking and eating? Especially when you’re camping alone? He starts looking for anything he can do with the tools Minho has brought for them. There are indeed a few simple camping games, like cards and board games, but all those games need more than one player.

 

Since he doesn’t know what to do, he grabs his camera and starts taking pictures of the scenery near his tent. The sun is slowly moving towards the west where it will set in about two hours, creating lines of color gradation from blue to light oranges. The reflection of the afternoon sun appears on the surface of the lake, and birds are flying above it, something that Seungyoon rarely sees. He quickly captures it with his camera, followed by some more pictures of the ducks, the trees, and the mountain. He smiles. Minho was right, he truly needs something like this, he has been stressed out lately because of work. A staycation at a hotel won’t be enough to help him feel better like this.

 

After getting absorbed by the beauty of the nature surrounding him, he looks at his watch and sighs because it’s been almost an hour since he was taking pictures in this area only. He can forget the time when he’s holding his camera, especially if he can catch the sunset later. He wants to go around this camping ground to get more pictures from different angles, but he’s still not familiar with this area and he’s not sure if he can just leave all the belongings here. Seunghoon does that though. The guy left his camping site and went here to give him the dakgalbi.

 

Seungyoon decides to take a short break. He realizes that Seunghoon still doesn’t reply to his last messages. Okay, Seungyoon thinks that he needs to slow down, don’t rush, they just know each other, take it easy. Should he ask a more decent question? He does have some camping-related questions to ask.

 

Me

05.04 pm

Hey, I’m wondering where you usually wash the dishes?

 

Seungyoon’s guess is right. Seunghoon replies to that last message almost right away.

 

Camping Expert

05.05 pm

There’s a communal area nearby and you can find the outdoor sinks, restrooms, and showers there.

From your place, go to the left and just keep walking along the path, you’ll find it easily.

 

Me

05.05 pm

Oh, thanks!

05.06 pm

So, you’re only answering camping questions, I suppose?

 

Camping Expert

05.08 pm

No, I’m not a chef.

 

Seungyoon laughs, and before he replies, Seunghoon sends another message.

 

Camping Expert

05.09 pm

You might want to go wash the dishes now since it’ll be getting darker soon.

 

Me

05.10 pm

Oh, right. I was about to ask you.

Is it safe to leave the tent and all these things here?

I mean, for a longer time.

 

Camping Expert

05.12 pm

It won’t take that long so it’l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter