oo1. final

Miracle

Joshua sighed. Yet another messed up order and worse still, this time the customer decided to dump the contents of her entire order onto the cashier counter. Coffee soaks through Joshua’s apron and to the shirt he worn underneath. He whispers a soft ‘’, the harshest curse word that came to his mind in the spur of a moment. Being the gentleman he is, Joshua apologizes to the customer, even though it is not fault at all. He returns the now empty cup to the kitchen and asks his colleague, who also happens to be one of the co-owners of this café, Wonwoo to cover for him at the cashier while he goes to get a  fresh change of clothing. Wonwoo raises a brow at his current state and shakes his head, offering Joshua to get off early without docking his pay. The latter thanked him gratefully with tears threatening to spill from his eyes as grabbed his belongings from the employees’ cupboard, leaving the café without another glance. It was lucky that the café was close to its closing hours and the place was close to being empty.  

Today was not even the worst. The sequence of events that happened for the past few months took a toll on his wellbeing. A good day happening to Joshua is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, he might as well give up on wishing at this point. For the umpteenth time that day, he sighed and looked up at the sky, the moon especially bright tonight, and hoped for a miracle, even the tiniest one, just to soothe a little bit of the recent beatings life has been giving him. Without paying much attention to where he was going, he almost got the wind knocked out of him when he bumped into a figure as he was turning into a corner on the way home. Joshua frowns, an expression that seems to be permanently etched onto his handsome features these days, as he falls backwards. The other person immediately wrapped one of their arms around his waist to stop him from falling over, the impact making Joshua land face first into a strong, broad shoulder.

 

It is another hard day at work for miracle worker Lee Seokmin, better known by his miracle name ‘DK’. Being one of the top miracle workers at The Factory means he was always out working, having little to no time for himself. However, this was what Seokmin enjoyed. He loves bringing a smile to another person’s day, even if he had to go out of his way to make it happen. So when he received a text from his manager about his new assignment, he was more than elated to find the next person who needs a miracle. In industrial terms, a person who needs a miracle is known as wonder. A typical text about his upcoming wonder consists of a recent picture, some basic information about them, significant events that had happened to them for the past three months and a rough guide of where they will be located. Seokmin’s mouth forms an ‘o’ as he read about what happened to his next wonder.

It took a few days for Seokmin to digest all the information that had been given to him, and with a pat on his own shoulder, he assured himself that he will be able to complete this mission with ease. It was late at night when Seokmin decides to look for his wonder and Seokmin being Seokmin, was thinking about what he is going to do as he walked on, too distracted to notice that he was way past his next wonder’s house and was on the way to his workplace instead when he knocked into someone. His fast reflexes allowed him to catch the other person before they fell, not expecting the force of the collision to be this big, that he ended up giving the other person a tight one-armed hug.

 

Joshua is usually not big on skinship but he was tired and all he needed at this moment is really just a hug, albeit not from a stranger. Strangely enough, he did not want to pull away. Realizing how weird it is going to be, he straightened up and was met with the brightest eyes he has ever seen in his 25 years of living on this planet.

“I’m so sorry! Are you… are you alright?” Joshua eyes widen upon hearing the other’s voice. He has never heard such a beautiful voice, a light blush tinting his cheek as he realize that the other still has an arm wrapped around his waist. The stranger’s voice has filled up some sort of void that even Joshua himself does not know he has.

“It’s okay, I’m fine.” He gave the man a small smile, the best he could muster after a long, ty day. Seokmin studies the former’s face for a minute and something in his head clicked. This! It’s his next wonder, Joshua Hong Jisoo! Wow… how can he look so much better in real life despite going through so much in such a short time… He really is a gem. A notification from Seokmin’s phone broke his train of thoughts but he stopped thinking altogether when he looked at his phone and saw a small green pop-up screen flashing ‘Congratulations, DK! Another mission accomplished!’ Seokmin tilted his head in confusion but pocketed his phone, knowing that The Factory always delivers accurate results. He was a little upset that he has finished his miracle with this wonder so quickly that for once, Seokmin is not very excited for his next wonder. Letting his professionalism take over, Seokmin mutters a quiet apology and hurriedly walks away to work on his next wonder. Joshua looks at the vanishing figure and for some reason, his heart feels warmer and fuller. Maybe a hug from a stranger sometimes isn’t so bad huh?