Chapter 1

Character Bleed (BJYX/Yizhan)

2017 March

Xiao Zhan's POV

Our manager came into our room just when each of us are about to open a can of beer to efficiently congrat ourselves on finishing our recording of Xuan Dou Qing Chun. "Hey guys, I just got a phone call from the people of Hunan Television. Guess what? They are inviting us to join Day Day Up on the fourteenth! Doesn't it sound great?" 

"Ugh, no not again?"

"We just finished our song, can't we take a rest?"

"Yeah, I just want to sleep."

"Come on, my girlfriend will soon break up with me if I keep working like that."

"Ha, no one told you to find a sticky girlfriend. Your fault."

"Shut up. You're just jealous of me finding a pretty girlfriend, you single dog."

I keep silent. I need jobs right now. I am less well-known than the other members in X Nine, I need to participate in more events to gain more exposure. 

"Zhan, you wanna go?" Ray turns to ask me suddenly. I don't know how to answer this, so I change the topic, "Well, I hear that it's fun...so...maybe it's not too bad?"

Our manager laughs and pats my shoulder, "Now that's my boy! No objections. I've already said yes. You should be grateful, ok? Oh yeah, by the way, have any of you noticed the new host of Day Day Up, Wang Yibo? He's so young and talented, he just joined as a host last year. You all should learn from him, ok? Not just complain to me everyday."

He leaves the room to us. 

Wang Yibo? Never heard of this man? Not important to me anyway. 

I didn't even care to spend time searching his name. But after all, who knows this man would change my entire life?

                                                                                                                                                                             -Xiao Zhan

 

2025 June

Wang Yibo's POV

Our friends crowd around the table. We haven't seen each other for a long time, around three years since our last Chen Qing Ling cast reunion. Everyone is developing in the industry quite well, not like the days before. 

Yubin takes a slip of red wine and asks Xiao Zhan, "Xiao lao-shi, how did you feel when you first know you're meeting Wang Yibo?" 

I smile at my wife dearly. I'm very interested in what he thought at that time. I haven't asked this question before. Good job, bro, now I will stop being mad at you for hugging my wife during a Chen Qing Ling interview.

"Um...haha. My manager told me about it. And I...I didn't even care to spend time searching his name." 

"What the...lao po, is this really how you reacted? How could you do this to me?" I feel a few arrows sting into my little heart. 

Wang Zhuocheng laughed, patting the table hard, along with Yubin. "Oh my gosh. I'm dying. Hahahahahhaha. Xiao lao-shi, you really..." And the laughing continues with the whole group of people. Are they really my friends? 

Liu Haikuan raises his right eyebrow to me, "Hey, Xiao Zhan, aren't you worried that you can't get down your bed for three whole days?" Everyone starts booing, Xiao Zhan seems to be shy now. 

He widens his eyes innocently and refute, "But...But after all, who knows this man would change my entire life?" He looks at me with his smiley bunny eyes. My heart melts into water and smiles back, forgetting all the things he have just said just now. 

I cannot stand it no matter how many times he smiles at me even after so many years of marriage.

                                                                                                                                                                           -Wang Yibo