August 23

August 23

Jiaqi grabbed Yuxin by the collar and slammed her to the wall.

She was sad the whole morning because her girlfriend got caught up in another dating scandal, when the truth is, it was just a hang out with friends.

All she could do was to message the girl to ask how she is because she still has a job to do later.

So when the livestream ended, the first thing Jiaqi did is to fly back to where her girl is.

During the flight, Jiaqi was scrolling through her girlfriend’s hot search and saw something that caught her attention.

Apparently, this “dating scandal” is being "used" to cover up another one of her teammates scandal.

This made the sadness in her get replaced with madness. Which led her to this.

Yuxin’s back pressed on the wall with Jiaqi tightly gripping her collars and glaring at her.

“I know it wasn’t your intention to say insensitive like that, but your wrong wording damaged a lot of people.”

The taller let go of her grip on the younger’s collar. Instead, her hand went up to her hair, frustratedly messing with it.

“You could’ve just thanked the show. Why did you have to say that!” she scolded.

“Our country’s literally receiving massive critism from almost the whole world because of the pandemic and you’re here thanking it!? What the hell Xin!”

The center bowed her head in shame.

It was rare to see Jiaqi mad. But after her mistake, Yuxin knows that she deserves to be scolded like this.

“I’m sorry,” she sincerely apologized.

Jiaqi’s eyes soften upon the sight before her.

Letting out a sigh, she walked closer to the younger girl and placed a hand on her shoulder.

“It’s not me who needs to hear your apology.” She stated. “Aside from the two people who got affected, being used as your scapegoat, billions of other people deserves your apology.”

After that, Jiaqi left their group's center alone. But before she completely left the room, she paused by the doorstep once she remembered something.

“And since the company looks like they'll only listens to you, can you tell them to stop using Xueer as your scapegoat. She’s also human, an idol, just like both of us. She also has feelings. She also gets hurt.”

With that, she left the younger girl to think alone and reflect on everything that she did wrong.

~~~

On the car, Jiaqi was contemplating whether to call her girlfriend or not.

Sensing her troubles, Huohuo decided to contact the girl's assistant to ask about her state.

Once she received a reply, she immediately told Jiaqi to ease her worries.

“Her assistant said that: Aside from her staying in her room, except when she has to take her meals, Xueer has been holding up well.”

“Don’t worry too much. Xueer’s a strong girl.” Huohuo assured her.

Jiaqi gave her a grateful smile in return, appreciating what she did.

~~~

As soon as they arrived, Jiaqi immediately went to the younger girl’s bedroom.

There, Xueer lied on her bed, facing her phone, with a frown on her face.

Jiaqi walked to her side and kneel beside the bed, placing a hand on the girl’s cheek. 

“Do you know how many times I apologized to Sihan because of this?” she started complaining. “It wasn’t even a “date”. And the video was years ago. How can they even bring something out that happened years ago and start creating rumors about it.”

“If they’re gonna use me to cover up for something, at least don’t drag someone who just debuted ten days ago with it. He doesn’t deserve this!” she raged. 

‘You’re really too nice for this world.’ Jiaqi thought.

The shoulder-length haired girl snatched her girlfriend’s phone away from her and placed it on her bedside.

She placed a thumb in between the girls eyebrows to flatten her frown before sliding it to her cheeks and softly caressing it.

“You don’t deserve to be treated like that too.” She softly and sincerely tells the girl.

Closing her eyes before letting out a sigh, Xueer rolled away from Jiaqi and faced the ceiling instead.

Jiaqi stood up from the floor and sat on the bed, gently brushing her fingers on the younger’s hair.

“What are you thinking?” she asks.

Xueer opened and eyes and stared at the white ceiling but her lips didn’t move to answer Jiaqi’s question.

The taller girl also stayed silent, waiting for her to respond while continuing to brush the younger girl’s hair.

“My fans are worried,” she started. “I’m thinking how to tell them to not worry and that I’m fine….”

Jiaqi glanced at the her.

“But….?”

Xueer shifted her gaze from the ceiling and looked at Jiaqi’s eyes.

“I can’t…think of any…..”

The taller hummed.

She fixed herself on the bed and scooted closer to the younger, and pushed the strand of hair that went to her face.

“Why do think you can’t think of any?”

Jiaqi knows that Xueer’s knows the answer to her question. The younger girl was never one to lie to herself.

 Keeping it inside her will never do anything good. So she wants to hear it out from the girl. But Xueer can be really stubborn when it comes to her inner feelings.

“…Because….”

Xueer bit back her tongue, unable to continue. No, unwilling to continue.

“I need to know what's wrong so I can help you too.” Jiaqi said.

Tears started to pool in Xueer’s eyes.

She knows what Jiaqi is trying to do. And she also wants to admit it but she scared to do it.

Seeing the tears in her eyes, Jiaqi lied down beside her and placed an arm under her head and put the other one on her waist, hugging her and bringing her head to her chest.

“I'm here,” she softly whispers.

Xueer circled her arm around the taller’s waist and hugged her tighter.

“Because I’m not fine…” she admitted, her voice shaking and fragile.

Jiaqi hugged her closer, letting the younger girl let out all her pain.

~~~

Xueer cried and cried until she was exhausted.

It was true that what happened did damage to her. She just tried to pretend that she’s fine because she didn’t want to worry her assistant.

But with Jiaqi, Xueer can never hide anything.

That’s what she liked about her anyway.

The fact that she doesn’t need to say it out loud for the older to notice that something isn’t right with her, touched the soft part in her heart.

The older always tries her best to be with her during her lowest. And when she can’t be physically there for her, she would make sure to call her despite their busy schedules.

Caressing the younger’s hair while she sobs on her chest, Jiaqi placed a kiss on the younger’s hair.

“You’ll get through this. We’ll get through this.” she softly says.

She continued Xueer's hair, lulling her to sleep. Slowly, Xueer’s breathing become even and slow, indicating that she's asleep. 

"Take a rest," she whispers to her sleeping body. "I'll make sure tomorrow will be a better day for you."