OO

[ONE-SHOT] When everything crumbles

The rain had poured all over him. He didn't want be here at the first place but now...
''Why did it all go wrong?'' He asked himself looking up to the almost black clouds which were making fun of him.
His eyes were narrow shooting glares to the silent followers.
People were walking hastily through the street not even gifting him with one glance.
He knew that it was game over for him. He had hurt so many hearts of so many people.

''What should I do?'' He asked his followers again. Those black fluffy, floating clouds.
It wasn't for too long when he noticed that the complete street was empty. No one was there walking around in that heavy rain.
Thunder and soon the angry grumbling from the sky was heard.
He continued his walk towards his favorite place. The old bridge above his river.
That was the very place where he had came whenever he felt too much stress going on in his mind.

But today was slightly different.

He wanted answers to his questions that he himself couldn't answer.
The river gave him strength and he hoped that he'd find the same strength as always.
So in the end he found himself on top of that bridge staring into the grey water which was also angry looking.
Those raindrops made its structure wild and not silk like it was on warmer days.
''Looks like even you are angry at me.'' He whispered hoping that the river would calm down.

But it didn't.

''Kill yourself.''

That comment alone made him tear up again. He knew that people could be harsh when they were blinded by hatred.
But why did it extend to such an extreme level?

''You destroyed our country's reputation!'' ''We hate you!''

That voice kept ringing in his ears. That threatening, horrifying and scary voice that told him to do things that he would usually find unacceptable.
His mind wandered off and he thought about what had happened before in the dormitory.
He had been in the bathroom. The door was locked and the only light that was switched on was his cellphone.
In his hand had been a little metal that would have had the ability to end everything with one movement.

Just thinking about it made him shake out of fear.
How far did it go? For him to think about taking his own life with that silver shining and tempting metal.
He shut his eyes for a second but opened it again as he heard a humming.

Next to him was a woman. Dressed in a dark skirt and a black jacket.
Her orange hair stood out and caught his eyes the moment he had laid his eyes on her.
She looked at the river - to the front and hummed a song.
''Excuse me, I-''
 

''Dollars here, dollars there. They said that there were dollars everywhere.'' She begun to sing.

He just stood there with his eyes fixed on that strange looking woman.
''They promised love, money and fame. But what the kid got in return made his heart almost burn.''
The melody seemed awkward, strange and it had something scary.
''One day he looked up to the sky and said I want to die.''
She tilted her head to the left and waited for a second before she continued.
''So they sent and angel just like me to set this young boy's worries free.''

Her hair bounced up as she turned around to face him.
''Good evening.'' She smiled. A smile that he had wished for to get from his fans.
''Hey.'' He said awkwardly looking at the strange woman in front of him.
Her smile grew into a bright grin. She pointed with her finger towards him. ''What are you doing here?''
He didn't understand. He was confused. ''What?''
Her eyes grew bigger as she heard his answer. ''Why are you crying? Why are you so down? Why aren't you smiling? Why-''
''STOP IT!'' He exploded. After catching his breath he said a quick ''Sorry.'' and bowed ready to leave that place.

''They said kill yourself! They hate you!''
He clenched his fists tightly and turned around ready to yell at the woman again.
''But this is all you have to do.'' She continued calmly and pointed at which was curled up in a smile.

''Don't waste my time with things like that. If you're an anti and want to make fun of me then stop it. Please.'' His voice grew colder.
By now the rain stopped but the sky was still blocked by angry clouds who seemed to get darker by every minute.
He looked up again to his silent followers. What should I do? He thought but soon his eyes shot back focusing on the woman.

She was still pointing towards . The same smile playing on her lips.
He was scared for a second as he looked into her face.
''Why are you doing this?'' He finally asked her. ''It's not like I need any help. Everyone hates me. Even you do...right?''
Tears were already falling out of his eyes but the woman kept her smile.

''Finding strength is the only thing that you can do now. Believe me...'' She looked back to the river. ''there are a lot of people who are supporting you.''
He slowly came closer to her and joined her in the middle of the bridge silently looking at the river which had calmed down.
''How do you know? What if they don't want us anymore...What if-''
''Well...'' She climbed up on the railings of the bridge and swung her legs over sitting in a dangerous position.
''WAIT!'' He screamed and hugged her waist tightly from the back.
She turned her head slightly and saw that the boy had closed his eyes tightly holding onto her as if it was for his dear life.
''If you won't be accepted anymore...'' She looked up to the sky and smiled. ''...then let's jump off this bridge together.''

He couldn't believe his ears.
With not much strength he pulled her up and helped her back on her feet.
''Everything's going to be alright. Your fans are supporting you.'' She wiped away his tears. ''Don't worry.''
She gave him a reassuring smile and then she turned around walking away.

His eyes never left her bouncing orange curls.

''What's your name?'' He shouted.
She turned around one last time. ''You don't have to know.''
''But how am I going to find you if things get worse?''

''I know where I can find you, Jihoon.''


 

If they'll meet again? Who knows what the future holds back for him...