Seeing into the Future

Seeing into the Future

Your royal family carried a curse. The females born in this royal family have the power to see into the future and the ability to go through different scenarios to look for the best possibility. However this was a curse because the one with the curse is essentially blind. The more the powers are used, the more strain is put on the body of the user, especially targeting the eyes.

Over generations, there were no females born for the royal heir, for a very long time, so there wasn’t really an issue. Until you. After many many generations, the royal family finally had their first girl.



 

You were out in the garden picking some of your favourite flowers, when suddenly, Justin came up behind you. 

“What are you doing?” He asked.

“I was just picking out some flowers for the kitchen vase.” You responded with a smile. 

You were looking for the roses. You squint your eyes to try to find the rose section.

Justin smiled and said “Let me you there.” And he took your hand.

The reason you loved flowers was because of their vibrant colours. Since your eyesight was very poor, the bright and different colours made it easy to distinguish where the flowers were. It was basically the only thing you could see from afar. Also because your sense of smell was a lot stronger than most to make up for your poor eyesight. So the smell of flowers if something you truely loved.

The sun was setting, so Justin said “let’s go back inside and get ready to have dinner.”

You nodded and grabbed your flowers and Justin took you back into the mansion.

 

You popped all the flowers into the vase, and that is when Zhengting entered. 

“They are lovely flowers.” He bowed and poured you some tea.

“Thank you!” You were happy with the compliment.

Your parents called you to the living room, saying they had something to tell you.

You went over to the living room and sat down.

Your parents had a new personal bodyguard for you.

A tall young man walked in, and took a bow. “My name is Fan Chengcheng.” He introduced.

You did the same and bowed, and you looked at him, in awe of his handsomeness.

“Chengcheng is part of the police force that we have under our family.” Your mum said. “He will look after you from today.”

“I will give you a tour of the mansion right now.” Your dad said. “Then we will gather for dinner. Zhengting and Justin are preparing dinner now.”

Chengcheng nodded and followed your dad around the mansion.

You went back to the dinner table, and everyone gathered around for the dinner.

 

While you were eating, you had some weird feelings about Chengcheng. It was a gut feeling that there was something about him that you didn’t know.

 

Over the next few days, you guys came to know each other more, and he was your personal personal bodyguard.

He escorted you back to your room, and stood outside as you got changed.

This is when you used the opportunity to use your powers for a little bit just to see who this guy really was. However you were forbidden to use it to maintain as much eyesight as you could. And you were monitored. However, if well controlled, you were able to use it for a split second without being caught out.

And so that is what you did.

It gave you a slight glimpse of who this Fan Chengcheng was. A mafia. Part of an underground mafia that were plotting to invade the mansion and take you as their prisoner.

You opened your door and Chengcheng smiled at you. “Have you finished changing?”

You brought him in and said “You are part of a mafia aren’t you?”

He was very taken back by your question.

You stared at him and asked “who are you exactly?”

Chengcheng explained what his plan was. “I’m not in that mafia for no reason. Your parents both know about this underground mafia. I am a spy, in order to plan around what they are scheming. I want to keep you safe. So you don’t have to worry.”

You had no idea there was a secret underground mafia. And that is when Chengcheng explained that your parents were also planning with their own mafia ready to go.

You were very skeptical, as this is the first time you have heard any of this. You simply just looked at Chengcheng with a serious face and responded with “we will see then.”

Due to this, you felt fatigued and sat down on your bed.

“Are you alright?” Chengcheng ran up to your side immediately.

“I’m fine.” You looked away from him.

“I will not betray you. I am here to protect you.” He reassured you.

 

You were always wary of Chengcheng, and kept an eye out on him. However Chengcheng was very caring of you, and it eventually made you feel very comfortable and safe when he was around, and ultimately it slipped your mind that you were cautious of him.

 

One beautiful spring day, you were outside in the garden, making bouquets from all the different flowers that were in your garden.

You wanted to make one for everyone in your mansion because they all took good care of you.

While you were in the middle of putting one together, you smelt the scent of a sweet tea and freshly baked goods coming out from the back door and into the garden.

You were excited to see what kind of afternoon tea was made, so you stood up in a rush. However the excitement caused you to lose balance, and you almost stepped on all the beautiful bouquets you made.

But Chengcheng came up from behind and picked you up into a princess carry.

“Be careful.” He smiled and looked into your eyes. “Those bouquets are very beautiful, and I can’t have my princess tripping over and hurting herself.”

You got very flustered and blushed as he held you.

“Let’s go have some tea and cake.” He said as he carried you to the table.

Both of you sat down and had some afternoon tea. 

“Princess?” Chengcheng spoke up.

You looked up at him.

“Do you trust me?” He asked.

This sudden question had you a bit baffled and flustered. “Of course.” You answered. However deep down, there was a hint of a lie in your feelings and words.

“I promise to never betray you, and I will protect you till the day I day.” He smiled. He then grabbed your hand and softly placed his lips onto it, giving it a little peck.

Now you really felt bad for not 100% trusting him. But you couldn’t help feeling this.

 

Later that night:

You were getting ready to sleep, but you really wanted to know what happened to Chengcheng in the future. So you decided to use your powers just for a little bit to see.

You shut your eyes and saw a strange vision.

But your concentration was broken due to a huge explosion.

You opened your eyes and gasped.

An invasion was happening.

But because you used your powers, you felt weak, and your vision was getting blurring, making it hard to see anything.

Suddenly, a bunch of men broke through your window and surrounded you.

With barely any strength, you had no power to fight back, and that is when you were kidnapped and taken away.

They escaped back out of the window and tried to escape.

But they were stopped by Justin and Jungjung, who kicked down the person holding you.

You fell to the ground, but Justin and Jungjung were surrounded. They stood in front of and behind you to protect you.

This is when Chengcheng showed up with reinforcements and broke the circle of mafias.

He then picked you up and bolted out of the mansion, and the rest of the bodyguards took care of the mafia.

 

Chengcheng took you to your family's secret base, a second house.

He gently popped you down on a couch.

You felt like your strength had come back and you could sense rage and anger coming out of Chengcheng’s body.

You looked up at him shocked, and he was glaring down at you.

“Why did you use your powers?” He asked.

You avoided eye contact. “I have no idea what you--”

But he cut you off. “YOU OBVIOUSLY USED YOUR POWERS, THAT IS WHY YOU WERE IN SUCH A WEAK STATE WHEN THEY INVADED.” He yelled. “There must be a reason. Did you sense people coming? Why would you put yourself in this kind of danger?”

You sat there in silence, not knowing what to answer back.

His rage suddenly turned into sadness. “You wanted to see if I betrayed you, didn’t you?” His voice was almost a whisper, and it sounded like he was choking on his breath as he asked the question.

You didn’t know what to say. You were shocked that he knew exactly what your intentions were.

“You don’t trust me.” He whispered. “Even though in the garden you said you did. After everything you still doubted my words and actions?”

“No!” You finally spoke. “It’s not because I don’t trust you! I--”

But he cut you off before you could finish.

“I have to go to the battlefield now.” Chengcheng adjusted his suit. “I didn’t expect them to attack this early. I did not see this at all. They must have known I was a spy.” He mumbled and began to walk away.

You shut your eye’s again to use your powers. You had visions of your team winning the battle, which was fantastic, but at the price of Chengcheng’s life. You couldn’t let that happen.

You quickly got up and grabbed his sleeve. “You can’t go!”

He looked back and you again lost all your strength.

He immediately caught you into his arms and he went back to being the protective Chengcheng that you were familiar with. “What are you doing?!” He yelled. “Don’t use your powers! Are you alright?”

You grabbed his sleeve. “You can’t go now. If you do, you will be in trouble!” You stated.

“What was your vision?” Chengcheng asked.

“We won… But we lose you.” You said.

“But we win right? If I can end this battle here and now, and put you out of permanent danger I would gladly do it. It doesn’t matter what happens to me.” He said and stood up. “I just need to protect you. So I will get going now.”

“NO!” You screamed. “I WILL NOT ALLOW A FUTURE WHERE YOU DON’T EXIST!”

He looked back, kind of taken back by your sudden yelling.

“YES! I DIDN’T TRUST YOU. I DID, BUT THERE WAS A PART OF ME THAT STILL DIDN’T. AND THAT IS WHY I CHECKED.” You poured all your feelings out. “But now I know I was wrong, and I got karma back for assuming badly of you! I will not let you die on me.”

You clenched your fist and shut your eyes.

“WHAT ARE YOU--” Chengcheng tried to stop you. But you let out an aura that had never been seen by him. 

Deeply concentrating, you summoned as much energy as you can, to find the best possible scenario and solution to win this battle.

You opened your eyes. You had the perfect plan.

You quickly told Chengcheng before fully passing out.

 

You slowly started to regain consciousness and strength. When you slowly opened your eyes, you practically couldn’t see anything at this stage. But you felt someone by your side. Someone was clutching your hand.

You knew exactly who it was.

“Cheng...Cheng…” You whispered.

“I’m here princess, are you alright?” He asked. “I’m here. Right by your side.”

You slowly sat up and looked around to see almost darkness.

“What happened?” You asked.


 

After Chengcheng had received your plan, you passed out and he laid you down on the couch.

He took a deep breath in and said “I will be back princess.” 

The battle ended in Chengcheng’s favour, as he executed the plan perfectly, and all the mafia were eliminated.


 

“The battle is over. You are safe now.” Chengcheng grabbed my hand with both of his hands.

“Thank god.” You sighed. 

“I will still be here though, no matter what.” Chengcheng reassured you. “I have a new goal now. And that is to give you your eyesight back and take away the curse.”
 

 

Timeskip into the future:

You were sitting in the garden again, this time you had to identify the flowers by smell because you could barely see the colours anymore.

Suddenly, Chengcheng called out your name.

“Princess. I found a way.” He said.

 

You were both taken into a room with your personal doctor.

“Unfortunately this curse runs in the blood of the family. So it cannot be fully removed from this world, and it needs to exist. However there is a way for us to remove the curse from you personally, as long as it has another vessel to reside in.” The doctor explained.

“So we just need to transfer the curse?” Chengcheng asked.

“Correct.” The doctor nodded.

“Easy.” Chengcheng smiled. “Transfer it to me then.”

You stood up and stomped your foot in anger. “No.”

“What do you mean?!” Chengcheng grabbed your shoulders. “You will be free from this.”

“No!” You said firmly. “I will not allow anyone else to carry such a curse in their bodies. That is so unfair to give you something so awful!”

He held your hands. “But you will be able to see again.”

You refused.

“How about this then, give me half. I will take half. That way you will be able to see a little, and I will still be able to see too.” Chengcheng proposed.

You still refused.

 

But then you felt him fall to the ground onto his knees.

“This is my dream princess. I want to show you this world again. I want you to be able to see so many wonderful things. And if you don’t allow me to take the curse fully I understand. So give me half. I want to carry this with you. I won’t be greatly affected by it. I promise I won’t use it’s powers.” He gripped your hands. “Let me carry this curse with you.”


 

You were so hesitant. But he was really really insisting.

In the end you agreed, which made him so happy he stood up and hugged you.

“You really don’t mind?” You asked.

“I don’t want anything more in this world.” Chengcheng said with confidence.
 

So the exchange took place.

 

One of your cursed eyes were taken out and a new one was implanted in (sorry for the gorey description xD)

Everything was done, and you went through a recovery period as well.

Finally, it was time to take off the bandages.

You unravelled them slowly. As they dropped to the floor you slowly opened both of your eyes.

You gasped and you covered your mouth. You could finally see things. Although one eye was still almost blind, the other eye had perfect vision. You hadn’t been able to see something this clearly since you were basically a child. 

You looked around and appreciated everything in sight. It was truly breathtaking.

Chengcheng had also taken off his bandages.

He knocked on your door and entered.

“How are you feeling?” He asked.

You looked at him. He had a cursed eye as well and one functional eye.

This was the first time you had seen Chengcheng’s face so clearly, and it was scarred with the curse you had put upon him.

Tears streamed down your face. There was so much to take in, you just felt overwhelmed.

Chengcheng kneeled down to eye level and looked into your eyes.

He wiped away your tears. But they just kept flowing. The amount he sacrificed for you, everything he went through just for you. You couldn’t help but cry.

“Thank you.” You said through your sobs. “I love you so much Chengcheng.”

He smiled and said “I have one question for you.”

You looked at him even though you were a sobbing mess.

“Do you trust me?” He asked.

You cried even harder and lunged into his arms. “Yes. I do. I trust you with all my heart. I will always trust you. Please don’t ever leave me.” You cried.He hugged you back tightly and said “of course I won’t. I love you so much.”

 


-THE END-