Chapter 1: Crown Part 1

Dream & Chaos

CheongAh High School. 8AM.

Trying her best to make it to the school gate, Shiah dashes down the road to get to her destination. Kai is sitting pleasantly in his parents’ car as his driver makes his way to the parking lot, though he notices Shiah in his peripheral vision. 

“Hold on. Pull up to that girl with the white backpack that’s just next to our right please..” Kai requests to his driver.

Shiah notices the mysterious black car pull up near her. “Hop in.” Kai commands “You’ll be late otherwise”.

“O-oh…. why are are you doing this?” Shiah questions Kai.

“Don’t worry about that and hurry up.” Kai responds and scoots over to the seat right of him.

With ease, Shiah gets into the car and the two of them are driven into school. The only reason Kai can be let off for being late is that his parents’ are exceptionally rich and hold shares within the school so the Director has given permission for Kai to be late and not get punished for doing so.

A group of other students give dirty looks at Kai’s car as they drive through the gate.

“Are those students staring at you?” Shiah asks.

“Don’t worry about them lot. Just focus on getting into school right now.” Kai replies.

Kai’s driver stops by some pavement to let them off. The two students proceed to their classroom. As raucous as ever, the class are messing around and many conversations are happening as they wait for their homeroom teacher to enter the classroom. 

Excitedly, a super tall figure stands up and goes to greet Kai. it was Soobin, Choi Soobin. His charming eye smile caught Shiah’s eyes as Kai goes to hug Soobin. “How have you been, Kai?” Soobin asks.

“Been quite busy recently, I’ve gotten a few offers for magazine shoots but one call caught my attention.” Kai reciprocates.

“Ooh. What must be so interesting that caught the attention of the legendary Jung Kai?”

“An advertisement for P*cari Sw*at. I asked my mother already and she approves of it.”

“i’m proud of you bud. Good luck.”

 

A female student sluggishly steps into the classroom, looking fairly dejected. “Wonnie-ya, you finally arrived! Why didn’t you answer my calls? I was gonna pick you up for school but you didn’t respond at all. Is there something wrong?” Soobin voices out as he approaches to embrace the student. “Yewon-ah, tell me.”

“I’m so sorry Binnie… I overslept because I streamed till 3am…sorry I kept you waiting….” Yewon yawns as she puts her head on Soobin’s chest

“Don’t worry. It’s only the first day.”

Soobin attempts to comfort Yewon with his reassuring words and pats her head a few times.

 

[Wait, am I supposed to be in this classroom? Oh I forgot I had to go to the teacher’s office to find my homeroom teacher. How am I already messing up on my first day as a transfer student.] Panicked thoughts circle around Shiah’s mind as she rushes to leave the classroom to search for the teacher’s office. Teacher Kim Taeyeon is strolling down the corridor making her way to Class 2-B. Scratching her head, Ms Kim notices Shiah walking towards her. “Hold on student. Aren’t you the one joining my class? Yoo Shiah right?” Ms Kim hollers. Shiah acknowledges that she is being spoken to and stops to give a 90 degree bow to the teacher.

“That is correct. I am Yoo Shiah. Thank you for accepting me into your school” Shiah replies

“Alright follow me. I’ll take you to class. Don’t panic, you’re in no trouble”

Shiah shyly tails Ms Kim as she realises she ends up in the classroom she was in earlier. Ms Kim struts into the classroom of Class 2-B, telling all of the students to get to their seats and keep quiet.

“Everyone. Welcome back to Cheongah High School. I hope you all had a nice break before your return to this place. And today I bring you our new transfer student. Miss Yoo Shiah. She recently transferred from Seoyeon High School in Busan”

[Wait she’s a transfer student? No wonder she didn’t look familiar] Kai pondered.

Shiah gives a timid bow to the whole class. “Hello. I’m Yoo Shiah. Nice to meet you all” The whole class applauses her as a welcome to their class and the school in the process of Shiah going to her seat.

“Wow. She’s stunning” “She’s really beautiful” “I think I’m already starting to have a crush on her” “She makes my heart rumble” “I wanna be friends with her” “I wonder if she wants to come to karaoke with us” The whole class mutters to one another. Shiah perceives the idea that she’s being talked about but that’s to be expected as a transfer student into their school, so she merely just puts it behind her and ignores it. Fortunately, her seat was directly to the left of the student that helped her earlier in the morning, Jung Kai, the hyper-popular, rich, handsome student. Kai taps the side of his desk in attempt to gain Shiah’s attention. And so she does, giving him a glance at him. He cutely waves at her with a smile and whispers, “How lucky that your seat happened to be next to mine”. Shiah feels a rush of embarrassment and focuses back onto her textbooks. Ms Kim knocks on the blackboard with her pointer tool and yells to Kai “No talking as I am teaching unless you want to clean the classroom today, Jung Kai.”

“Alright, I’m sorry teacher” Kai returns.

“Anyways, you have Mr Lee for Korean History for the first period. Study well everybody!” The pretty teacher announces as she takes her leave from the classroom and is later replaced with a handsome fellow known as Mr Lee Hyukjae, the Korean History teacher. All of the female students are in awe of his face and do their best to focus in on his teaching. Kai whispers to Shiah, “Wanna come hang out with me during the break? Since this is a new school and all”.

Shiah is hesitant but she nods with a timid feeling. Kai is ecstatic and is beaming from ear to ear as he listens to the teacher.

Many minutes pass and Mr Lee's class eventually comes to a close.

/BELL RINGS/

“Alright well done class.” Mr Lee remarks. The 5’9 figure leaves the classroom and the entire class have a small 5 minute break before their next class starts, so Kai immediately pulls his chair nearer to Shiah’s desk. “I’m sorry I didn’t fully introduce myself this morning. Hi! I’m Jung Kai. Nice to meet you” Kai conjectures with a wide eye smile, as he presents his hand towards Shiah for a handshake. Shiah trembles as she gives him a handshake. “No need to feel shy around me. I won’t bite.” Kai assures her. All that Shiah does is just nod a few times in response. 

Another teacher stomps his way into the classroom. “Alright class. I am your Math teacher, Seo Eunkwang. Nice to meet you all.” The teacher voices out as his voice booms across the entire length of the classroom. He gives a small bow before he begins teaching. On the other hand, the entire class love Mr Seo for his comedic remarks during class that keep their attentiveness to learning. “Alright class. Open your books to page 24. Page 24 remember! Not 23. Not 24!” A majority of the class chuckle and giggle at the comment and proceed to turn to the correct page. “Okay so we’ll start with these practice questions…” Time flies as the whole class are all ears to Mr Seo’s amusing teaching.

/BELL RINGS/

“You have a longer break now. But remember your PE kits. That’s your next class with Mr Shin. Okay Byeee!” Mr Seo waddles out of class smiling and laughing to the class as he does so.

[Wait do I have it? Did I remember to bring it? Oh right I did] Shiah has her head in her hands as she is overreacting about whether she has her kit ready for the upcoming class. Perceiving this from the corner of his eye, Kai notices this and steps up to her with worry. He crouches down and asks in a quiet manner, “You okay?”. Sincerity flows out of his eyes like the river Nile. Shiah nods in response and mumbles that she resolved her problem already. Kai smiles in consequence to being relieved now that he knows Shiah isn’t distressed.

 

A fine-looking fellow stands up and bellows, “Class, we should get ready to go and get changed for our Physical Education class. The classroom next door should be free by the looks of things so girls can go change in there while us boys stay here”. Roughly half of the cast transfer themselves to the classroom next door. A few minutes pass and the entire class is ready in their gym clothes. “Okay follow me. We’ll go outside to the field and we should find our teacher outside.” the same student commands as he takes the lead of the entire class to guide them towards the field at the school. A profoundly athletic man is standing waiting for them as he checks his watch a couple times. “This class is a couple minutes early. Well done for doing so. But anyways, I’m Mr Shin Hoseok and I will be teaching you Physical Education for you all” Mr Shin states with much emphasis on a few words. Various students are in awe of the teacher’s muscly body as they eye up his entire body, not in a weird way of course. The student that lead the class has a slight smile across his face as he is proud of himself of getting the class to Physical Education early. “Are you the class president? I saw you leading the entire class out here. What’s your name?” Mr Shin inquires the stately student that did so.

“Ah no. We haven’t picked a class president yet. Our homeroom teacher was busy so she left before we were able to pick one. And my name is Park Sunghoon by the way.” Sunghoon politely replies.

“Is that so? I think you’re fit for the position. Nevertheless, let’s get all warmed up for our activities. 3 laps around the field. Come on! Get your hearts pumping!”. The fiery, passionate, energetic class obediently follow orders and do as Mr Shin has requested. Hayoung, Jungwon and Chan all complete their laps with marvellous agility, as they all come to the finish line in that order. The rest of the class come with slight fatigue and infinitesimal panting. Nonetheless, the athletic trio seem to not be sweating at all and have their breathing in control since finishing the race. Setting up a ball in front of one each of a series of goals, Mr Shin announces, “Today we will be practicing shooting penalties. So pick your groups that you want to be in. Preferably fours.”

 

As per usual, Yewon and Soobin have immediately paired up like they cannot be without one another. Though Sunghoon moves towards the two and asks, “Can I join you two if that’s okay?”.

“Yeah I don’t see why not.” Yewon cheerfully answers. Notwithstanding, Soobin glances over at Yewon giving her the 'Don’t be so nice to him eyes', but Yewon gives Soobin the puppy eyes which he knows he cannot resist. All Soobin can do is just smile and look down in response. Sunghoon awkwardly stands near the couple as he watches them exchange looks and can only smirk and chuckle silently without them noticing. “Now we need 1 more person right?” Arin voices as she peers at the rest of the remaining unselected members and happens to find Wonyoung walking around by herself. “WONYOUNG-AH! Come join us!” Yewon joyfully waves as she calls for the adequately tall female student. Eventually noticing, Wonyoung rushes over and immediately gives Yewon a tight hug. “Thank you so much for letting me join your group.” Wonyoung muffles into Yewon’s top. “Everyone already had their groups within seconds and I couldn’t join anyones for a little while…”

“Now it’s okay right? Now that you’re with me?” Yewon replies. Wonyoung softly shrieks in contentment, but she finally lets go her grif off of Yewon and moves to the side of her. “Ok guys. Should we get started now? We better start now that we have our group. Who wants to go into goal?” Sunghoon asks. Yewon tightly grips Soobin’s arm and seems to be scared of going in the goal to have footballs launched at her. Soobin notices Yewon being timid so he bravely steps up to the position, after he reassures his significant other.

 

Yewon taps the ball with her foot to make sure it’s sunk well into the grass as she prepares to bolt it into the goal with Soobin ready to defend. Running up, she keeps eyes on the ball to ensure her foot makes contact with it. Suddenly, she halts in hesitation seconds before kicking the ball. Misery and anguish rush around her veins in the act of her biting her thumb. With observant eyes, Sunghoon acknowledges this and goes to reassure Yewon. In that moment, Soobin grins and bellows, “Yewon-ah! You can do it! I believe in you!”, pumping his fist in the air. Unanticipatedly, determination and courage replace the misery and anguish that was present and Yewon hurls the ball towards to goal. Knowing he can easily block it with his elongated arms and grievous strength, he creates an act in which he attempts to block the ball and fails so he can let his girlfriend be happy knowing that she got the ball in. Apperceiving that he did what he intended, Soobin smirks in glee. 

On the other hand, Sunghoon feels vast defeat realising he can’t be courteous to Yewon without Soobin perceiving his well-mannered actions. He deliberates in his head for a while to think of how else he can win over Yewon’s heart even though he is well acquainted with the idea that Soobin and Yewon are an official couple, are content with one another and cannot fathom leaving one another. Although he doesn’t let this waver him on his goal to chasing his dream, Choi Yewon.

A/N: This is my first time ever writing a fanfiction, so I hope you enjoyed the story! Thank you sincerely for reading!