Chapter 1 - Hae is the BEST!

Extravagant Beat-DISCONTINUED-

 

Fae’s P.O.V

I held several jobs so that I can pay for the rent of my extremely unaffordable apartment. But it’s alright! As long as Donghae is happy, I’m willing to do this. I’m a waitress by day, and still a waitress by night.

~

“Look! This is Lee Donghae’s latest single!” said a girl sitting at the table near the cashier. “Oh my gosh! Let me see it!” her friend excitedly grabbed the CD. “You have to give this a listen! No, wait! Just get the CD already! You NEED to get it before it goes out of stock! It’s selling way too fast!” By this time, I’m already smiling like an idiot to myself while I’m scrubbing the floor of this café. They continued their conversation and fangirl over Hae’s latest single.

“Yes! Hae is the most handsome, charismatic, charming, talented, awesome, and talented and awesome and charming… Did I say handsome already? He’s the best singer alive! YOU MUST GET THE CD!” I let go of all my excitement, and said it in a breath, as I sprang up at them in the middle of their fangirling session.  The two girls looked at me weirdly as I said it maybe a little too excitedly. Soon, I was dazing in my own world thinking about Donghae.

“Fae! Fae! Hey Fae!” “Yes yes! I’m listening!” I replied as my colleague snapped me out of my little day dreaming session. “You better leave now if not you’ll be late for your night shift!” Oh shoot! I need to be at Aunt Jia’s restaurant. I dashed to the staff room and quickly changed into my night shift uniform and flew out of the café.

~

“I’m here! I’m not late! I’m not late!” I reported at the top of my voice, still trying to catch my breath. “Come on in. And you’re not late.” Aunt Jia said in a motherly voice. I smiled and went over and put on the restaurant’s apron and went to work, serving the customers right away.

“Hey Fae! Can I… borrow your apartment for a night… for… a party? Please?” “What?!” “Your apartment is huge and it’s a private place! I’m sure my friends would love it to have a party at a fancy place like yours!” Jinny wanted to borrow my apartment for a party. No way man! I can’t let her find out that Donghae is living in that apartment with me.

“Ah. About that Jinny, my apartment is… not available for that party of yours. I’m really sorry about that. Just that it’s in a huge mess and I don’t think I’d be able to clear it in time for your party.” I tried to come up with a valid excuse hoping that she’ll buy it. “C’mon! Don’t be a party pooper Fae! I’ll help you with the cleaning!” “Ahh…” I started to panic. “I t-think it’s alright. I-I’m really sorry b-but I really can’t let you borrow my apartment. Sorry Jinny.” “Ah fine then! You party pooper.” I heaved a sigh of relief and continued to work.

~

“I’m home!” I went back to an empty apartment once more. Hae has been spending lesser and lesser time at home. Often when I return to my empty crib, I’d convince myself that Donghae is busy working on his latest single.

Click

“Hae! You’re home!” Donghae walked in, breaking my thoughts about him. “Mmm” was all he replied and I heard a sigh before he plopped down onto the couch and the TV. “Hae, you must be very tired right? Let me give you a massage.” Donghae gave me a cold stare went to the closet to pack his things that he needed to stay overnight out. “Forget it. I’m leaving. I’m just back to get some of the stuff that I need because I’m working on my new single overnight.”

“Hae…” Suddenly a thought came into my mind. “Hae! Just ten minutes! Give me ten minutes! I’ll be right back!” “You better be back in ten if not I’ll leave.” Donghae sighed and said reluctantly. With that, I grabbed my bag and ran out of the apartment as fast as I could.

Why are convenient stores not open? I looked at my watch. “Ugh! It’s 11pm.” Come on. There should be at least a minimart nearby that is still open. “OH! THERE! THERE! AHHHHH! WAAAAAIT!!! DON’T CLOSE THE STORE YET!” I darted into the store and picked out all the snacks that Donghae loved. I quickly looked around the store some more. “Bingo!” I gathered all that snacks and went to the cashier to pay up and quickly left as the store owner looking extremely annoyed.

I swung open the door to my apartment, almost knocking into Donghae. “Hae! Don’t leave yet! It’s not ten minutes yet!” I said, panting. “Well, now your last minute is over. I’m leaving.” He said looking at his expensive watch and was about to step out of the apartment. “WAIT! I’ve got you something! You’ll love it!” I said swinging the bag of things I’ve bought over at the convenient store just a moment ago.

 

 

A/N: Hello! Well, first chapter is up! Fae and Donghae are introduced in this chapter! I hope you like it! I actually wanted to put chapter 2 together into one chapter with this one because it’s all in one episode. But then! I went to re-watch episode one and I realize that there were so MUCH more things at the back and I wanted to separate it into another chapter or two or three. I don’t know. Whichever I felt fits into one chapter! Haha. AND I don’t want to introduce Siwon yet. Please don’t hate me for that because I’m actually siding Siwon in this!

I’m already writing the next chapter! Till the next update! Byeee~