My Ballerina Girl

My Ballerina Girl

Blowing car horns, large volume of vehicles on street, already raging emotions of drivers, traffic jam in Seoul is serious and the heavy rain earlier adds to the congestion on the road. Do Hyun is starting to have headache, he has a promise to fulfill, he has to make it, he cannot disappoint her. He looked at his wristwatch which shows 4:40pm, 20 minutes before the show starts. "I can make it, I won't let you down, my Princess!" He told himself. The Heaven seems to heard his prayer, he made it on time. He is already in the lobby holding a bouquet of flower, about his looks, it's least on his priority, he knew his girl won't mind whether he looks at his best or not. He take a deep breath, he's just glad that he is now at the venue to support his love.

One of the staff guided him to his assigned seat. "This way, Mr. Lim!"

He is now sitting in the front row, reserved for VIPs! He greets some of the familiar strangers he comes across several times on almost similar  occasion. The light turned off, a signal that the show will commence any moment now. His heart races as soon as the classical music start, they stage is now well lit, and the dancers make their appearance one by one. A smile plays along his lips as soon as his eyes caught the the loveliest ballerina girl on stage.

***

Chung-ang University 2016

"Ok, I hope my instructions were cleared if you have no further questions then class dismissed!"

***

"Yah!" Do Hyun yelled, one of his groupmate who appeared out nowhere and snatched the piece of paper from his hands while walking on the Hallways.

"The Muse Ballet Studio!" His groupmate read aloud. "Professor Kim, really wants us to go there and observe ballerinas? We should have enrolled in a dance classes instead."

"But come to think of it, I think we are still lucky, they said the studio has the prettiest ballerinas in Seoul and we can meet them personally. I heard the other group have to go to rehabilitation center to immerse." Another groupmate divulged.

"Whatever, we need to finish this or else we will all fail." Do Hyun reminded his groupmates.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow, let's meet in the cafe near the studio." His groupmate suggested.

***
"One iced americano please!" He told to the barista.

"One iced americano for Do Hyun!"

He was waiting his groupmate in the cafe where they decided to meet prior heading to the studio. He was browsing his phone, when a girl from other table caught his attention, she is talking to someone over the phone when she suddenly brawls. There are not so many people in the cafe, in fact it is just him, the girl and the cafe staffs.

"You can't do this to me Oppa, not again!" She hastily wipe her tears.

Do Hyun was quite taken aback and he wasn't aware that he was actually keenly observing the girl as she is conversing to someone over the phone.

"Don't you know that it's rude to eavesdrop to someone else's conversation?"

He didn't realize that the girl already stood up from her seat.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to..." He was about to say that but the girl turn her back on him and goes straight out of the door. 

"Aist!" He sighed.

"Hey, Do Hyun-ah!" His groupmates just arrived at the meeting place.

"Woah! That girl seems mad! What did you do to her Do Hyun-Ah?" His groupmate asked.

"Kaja, let's go, the instructor must be waiting for us." He said, instead of answering the query.

***

"As if it's my fault that her voice is too loud, what does she wants me to do, cover my ears until she finish talking." He complained to his groupmates while explaining what happened in the cafe.

"Just let it pass Bro, maybe she is just upset. Don't even think about revenge, Seoul is a big city, there's a very slim chance that you will encounter her again."

His groupmate lightly pat his shoulder. They are now heading to the ballet studio to work on their assignment.

***
"Aigoo, so you are the students of Professor Kim, please relax for now while we wait for the girls, we will start the class in a while!" It was Ms. Choi, a ballet instructor and a former student of their professor.

"Arasso!" They said in unison.

One by one the students came out from the changing room. The boys thought the hearsays are right, the girls are indeed lovely, they were awed not just by their pretty faces but they also exude grace and elegance.

"Girls, are you ready now?" Ms. Choi excitedly asked the students.

"But teacher, Minsi-Unnie is still in the dressing room, she seems in bad mood!" One of the girl said.

"Yeah, probably she caught her boyfriend cheating again! She should dump him for real!" Another one seconded.

Do Hyun and his groupmate can't  help but smile and laugh inwardly at the comments, these girls might be graceful but they are no different from other girls, they also love to gossip.

"Girls, girls stop that!" Ms. Choi reprimands the student clearly embarrassed with her students behavior.

Suddenly they heard creaking sounds followed by an image of another slim girl who emerges from the changing room. Do Hyun, was caught off guard realizing it's the girl from the cafe. His groupmates looked at him utterly shocked by the coincidence, they perceived slim chance doesn't means zero, even the remaining 0.1 percent is still a chance after all.

"Minsi-Ah, I'm glad you're here!" Ms. Choi greeted the girl.

"Mianhe, teacher, sorry girls for waiting!" She apologized.

Do Hyun noticed that her eyes are still swollen, her face shows that she's not fine.

"It's ok, girls formation now!" Ms. Choi instructed.

The music began, it's a classical one. The girls started their routines while Do Hyun and his mates are watching carefully. They are not aware how the steps are called, but they cannot hide how amazed they are to the girls synchronicity, the movements of their hands and feet, how they twirl and jump in the air, they are just graceful and lovely, even their facial expressions matched their movements. While his groupmates are mesmerize to all the dancers, his eyes is fixed to this particular girl, all the girls are pretty but something about her stirred his attention. She's pretty no question about that, but her eyes is telling something that he can't fathom at the moment. She is graceful in execution of the dance routines, her movements are sharp but elegant. He cannot tear his gaze away from her not until the music stopped  and the performance ended. 

"That was awesome!" One of his groupmate blurted while clapping vigorously. The girls laugh seeing their reactions.

"Ok girls, you may rest now!" Ms. Choi said.

"Do Hyun-Ah, did cat bite your tongue?" His groupmate nudges him.

"I'm sorry you were saying something?" He asked in oblivion.

They heard Ms. Choi laugh "I'm happy that you enjoyed my girls performance, Professor Kim said that you'll be visiting the studio for one month immersion. It will really help in building my students' confidence knowing that there are people who enjoy watching them.

"Of course, Ms. Choi, your students are really talented and pretty just like you!" One of his groupmate said.

***
"Do Hyun-Ah, what are you thinking, are you now plotting a revenge against that cafe/ballerina girl?"

"Why would I do that? It's just a petty misunderstanding. I'm sure she don't even remember that I'm the guy she yelled at!" He retorted.

"Are you sure or perhaps you are already smitten, you can't deny that, we saw the way you look at her. Well, we can't blame you, she is pretty hot!" 

"Can you just stop, I don't know how you got that idea?" He said irritatedly.

"Whatever you say, I'm excited to learn their dance routines too!"

***

Do Hyun came early at the studio, Ms. Choi was the first one who greeted him.  She told him to proceed to the dance studio. They had been playing a music and to he's surprise to see the girl in the cafe is there already doing some dance routines. He sat on the corner and watched how she sway to the music, he was amazed to the fluidity of her movements, with her eyes close he's aware that she totally feeling the music. Minutes later, other students starting to arrive, as well as his groupmates, sensing that the studio is starting to filled with people, she stopped doing her routines. She looked around and when she her gaze met his, she immediately looked away. 

Days passed by and they get to know more about their assignment which is learning ballet. Do Hyun and his groupmates started to develop friendship to the young girls in the studio expect for the-so-called-ice Princess, that was the secret nickname given by his groupmates to this certain girl name Minsi, because of her elusive and reserve personality. On the contrary, Do Hyun somewhat disagree because he feels that beneath her cold facade, she is warm and kind-hearted, with the way she helps and interacts with her co-students. The younger girls also respect her, he also noticed that she is prettiest when she smiles, the kind of smile that reaches her eyes.

One day, while the group was practicing and discussing something about the dance, the two of them got involved in a petty argument. She was doing some stretching when she noticed that Do Hyun was staring intently at her.

"I don't like the way you stares at me." She blurted which shocked everyone in the room.

"I'm sorry if I'm making you uncomfortable but I'm just doing my homework." His humble retort.

"Really, it wasn't the first time I see you staring at me, about the eavesdropping incident I let it passed but you looking at me that way all the time I had enough of it." She said irritatedly.

"Well, you wouldn't be aware that I'm staring if you are not looking at me too. So, I guess we're even." He tried to outsmart her.

"Yes, I'm looking at you to alarm myself because to be honest I found you creepy and annoying." 

And that's it, everything she said resonated negatively on him. He didn't expect to hear those words from her, she didn't expect her to be that  ruthless. He just smirked and didn't answer back, from that day on he started avoiding and ignoring her at all cost. Whenever their paths cross, he tried his best not to look at her, like she doesn't even exist.

While Minsi, felt guilty realizing what she'd done. Her mere purpose is just to inform him that he makes her uncomfortable, it's true that he makes him nervous but not in a creepy way like what she told him. She didn't mean to drove him away with her hurtful comments but then the damage had been done, she managed to push him and his groupmates away, they didn't even bother to look nor talk to her whenever they are in the studio. And she should be happy, she don't know but she feels otherwise.

***
They just finished the morning session and bound to have their lunch. Bunches of flower baskets and bouquets were delivered at the  studio. Ms. Choi giddily informed Minsi that flowers were for her. Minsi plans not to attend the afternoon session when she about to leave the studio a man appeared holding another bouquet of roses meant for her, he is Lee Suho her boyfriend. The boy immediately approached and hugged  Minsi as soon as he saw her. 

"I miss you babe, and these flowers are all for you!" The man looks proud of himself.

While the girls were not appeased with what they just witnessed. Do Hyun also noticed Minsi's stiffness and she didn't return her boyfriend's hug. His hands find it's way to feel the sudden painful tug on his chest.

***
"Do you think Unnie, will take him back. Aist, I really hate him!" One of the girls said while they're having lunch.

"Wait, did they break-up?" Do Hyun's groupmate's asked.

"Yeah, they broke up several times, we just don't understand why Unnie is always accepting his alibis, he's a cheater. We even saw him kissing one of our teacher before. Minsi-Unnie suffered a lot because of him."

"Do Hyun Oppa, I know you are avoiding Unnie because she yelled at you the other day, but she is actually a nice person." The girl added.

"Ah regarding that, Forget it! I'm just giving her the space she needed. It doesn't bother me anymore." He smiled, but deep inside the girl they are talking about hasn't leave his mind since the incident in the cafe.

***
Do Hyun was on his way to the studio when he heard noise about two cars away.

"We talked about this before, she is just a friend!"

"Oppa, honestly I don't know what to believe anymore, I gave you many chances to redeem yourself but all I received from you were heartaches."

"Yah, Minsi-Ah, you are childish you know. There are more couples out there who has more serious problems than ours."

"And you think cheating is not serious. 3 times, how much should I need to endure."

"You know the problem in our relationship is you. I'm sick and tired of you being all passive, you are so old-fashion. We are dating for freaking 2 years and you don't allow me to do things with you. I'm a man with needs, and this relationship is getting boring each day. You're hypocrite acting miss goody two shoes and innocent well in fact you are dancing seductively on stage in those skippy ballet suits." 

Minsi knows that she had enough of all gaslightings and mistreatments she is receiving from her boyfriend and she knows this is the right time to gather all the courage to give him a piece of her mind. Using all her strength she slapped him on his face.

"I'm breaking up with you for good and don't ever tell everyone that you are the one who initiated the break up, !" She yelled.

"Yah, crazy , how dare you?" 

"What are you going to hurt me, go on! I'm too insensitive now to differentiate what's hurts from not. It's all because of you and I feel so stupid for allowing you to do that to me!"

"I'm leaving you and do not expect that I'll come to ask you to take me back."

"Sure, I don't have any desire to be associated with you anymore!" She firmly said.

Her boyfriend slammed the door of his car and drove off speedily. Minsi clenched her hands due to anger and frustration, she is clouded with her emotions that she failed to notice that Do Hyun was there and he witnessed how her ex-boyfriend humiliated her. 

"You heard it all, I supposed. Happy! Did you enjoy watching our little drama?" She said sarcastically.

Do Hyun also had enough of her sarcasm and pretentious bravery. Without second thought, she grabbed her hand and took her inside his car, he buckled on her seatbelt despite of her protest and proceed driving.

"What are you doing? Open the door and let me go!" She retaliated but instead Do Hyun ignored her. He stepped on the gas and continues driving. Understanding how helpless she is, that moment she allowed herself to cry. Do Hyun also felt pain in his chest seeing her and he wanted to help her, he has no idea where they are heading to, all he wanted is to take her somewhere peaceful, to that somewhere no one can hurt her. After an hour of driving, they arrived in nearest beach outside Seoul. 

"Kaja, get out of the car!" He instructed her.

"Why did you bring me here?" She asked while she looks around the surrounding with guarded eyes.

"I thought you might need someone who you can talk to?" He said looking at her.

She looked down and said "I don't need help from you nor anyone!"

"You can deny all you want, but seriously you need help." He insisted.

"I don't!" She denied vehemently.

"You're not only cold, you are stubborn too!" He said sarcastically.

"Who are you to judge me?" She asked irritatedly.

"Well, I'm not a judge!" Displaying that usual smirk.

"Well, I just realized I haven't introduce myself to you personally. By the way, I'm Lim Dong Hyun a.k.a Lee Do Hyun, I'm a Theater and Film major in Chung-Ang University. I dream of becoming an actor someday which is a far cry from being a judge. I like to help a friend in dire need. They say I can be a good counselor too, though I'm not good in giving advice but I'm a good listener. I can listen to everyone, free of charge but a coffee treat from a client is very much welcome." He said cheerfully.

"You are too talkative to be considered a good listener." She scoffed but Do Hyun noticed her little smile.

"Did you just smile?" He asked to .

"I did not, besides there's nothing funny with what you said." She pouted and looked away.

"Yah, don't pout like that, it's a beautiful day today. I won't force you to say anything, we are here to enjoy the view, breathe the fresh air and relax." He said while taking a deep breath.

They stayed in the beach for a while until they felt the scorching heat of the sun against their skins. Do Hyun invited her to the nearby cafe, and little they know they are already conversing, not a one way communication, she started talking about herself but obviously avoiding a sensitive topic like her recent break-up. Do Hyun learned that she started ballet a little late compared to her classmates and she works as a wedding planner.

"Well, you are still young, you can do anything you want." He told her, while he asked the waiter for the bill.

"Yah, it's on me!" Minsi told him.

"No, it's on me this time, save that some other time!" He dismissed her idea of offering to pay the bill.

"Some other time?" She asked while she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Of course counseling doesn't end in just one session!"  He told her nonchalantly.

"You're serious about being my counselor!" She said and smile shyly.

"Let's go, they say that the sunset by the beach here is stunning, let's stroll for a while and let's go back to the beach when it's about time." He said, he offer his hand which she gladly accept.

"So you're groupmates we're looking for you?" She asked after he finished the call.

"Yeah, but they're old enough to do the tasks." He told her.

"You skipped class because?"

"Yah, look the sun is about to set." He changed the topic.

Together they watched how the sea swallowed the ball of fire in the sky. The celestial dome also displayed variety of colors that makes everything scenic. The sun rays were no longer hurting their skins and the breeze is starting to cool down.

"Wow, it's pretty!" She said in awe. He smiled while shifting his gaze from the sky to her.

"Is it really your habit to stare?" She blurted and her words leave him dumbfounded.

Though seems unexpected they became friends, they regularly see each even after Do Hyun's class finished the immersion. They casually hanging out, she helps him rehearse with his lines for school drama presentations and in return he drives her to venues of weddings she planned and coordinated.

"Aist! can you put some emotions while you read  your lines? I get distracted with your stoic facial expressions!" He demanded.

"Yah, as if I'm getting paid for this! I'm so done with you! Practice on your own! She scoffed and put down the script.

"Yah, Minsi-Ah, I'm just kidding. Come on, help me on this. How about pizza later?" He plead, and as usual he bribes her with her favorite foods.

***
"Can you drive a little faster, the ceremony will start at 3pm!" She nervously told him, while clutching the hem of his sleeves.

"Relax, it's just 930am. We have enough time, for sure we will reach the venue in 30 minutes." An assuring smile plays along his lips.

"What's your dream wedding?" He asked all of sudden.

"Why do you ask?" She looked at him confusely. 

"I'm the one who asked first!" His eyes still focus on the road.

"I don't know!" She blurted, unconsciously she touch her face. She can't explain why she felt a sudden rise of temperature inside the car.

"Hmmm...I'm quite surprised, your life seems well planned." He tapped his fingers lightly on the steering wheel.

"I have a lot of ideas actually, but all of those doesn't  really matter, I don't mind if it's a simple wedding as long as I'll marry the person I love the most!" She pretended looking for something inside her handbag.

***
"Where are we?" She asked while trying to figure out the place! "In a park, why did you bring me here?"

"I haven't see you dance for a while!" He answered.

"And so, you can actually see me at the studio? Seriously what has gotten into you? Don't tell me, you'll asked me to dance here?" She just blurted out, string of questions.

"You're really smart, you sure can read my mind!"  He smirked mischievously. 

"Yah, are you crazy, what made you think that I would actually dance here?" She said in a panic.

"Why not, I'd even bought you a new ballet shoes! I don't mind if weren't wearing a tutu! You're actually cute in that skirt, it suits you." He told her and scanned  her from top to toe.

"You bought me a ballet shoes?" She flushed and pursed her lips. She got conscious with the way he looked at her.

"Come, try it on!" He let her sat on the bench while he knelt down to put the shoes on her. She has pretty feet, it's smooth and less calloused for a ballet dancer like her. He is proud of himself, knowing that the shoes fits her perfectly.

"How did you, I never told you about my shoe size. Sometimes, you really creeps me out." She said wondering if they really didn't talk about some trivial things about her like her dress or shoe size, but then she remembers that he gave her foot massage several times.

"How ungrateful!" He scoffed before he sat down besides her. Suddenly the music played.

"What, did you?" She asked in awe, but he just simply smile.

Feeling the music, she got up on her feet and startsed to move her body. She started off lifting her hands in the air, she stretches her feet and tip her toes. Her movements are precise, she played a well coordinated arabesques. She looks elegant. She executed beautiful pirouettes multiple times, her landings were perfect too. She is having fun, she dance like a beautiful swan. Do Hyun can't take his eyes of her, like the first time he saw her in the studio, she is mesmerizing and breathtakingly beautiful. He didn't even noticed that the music is no longer playing. His trance was halted upon hearing her soft voice.

"I guess staring is your hard habit to break!" She's a bit flustered, she think she'll never get used to Do Hyun stares, he makes her feel nervous.

He gulped realizing his behavior, he let out a shy laugh after. Gatherring all the confidence he has, he comes closer to her. "Does my stares still make you uncomfortable?" He asked and she shook her head to disagree. "Will you get scared if I come this near?" He pulled her to close the gap bet them. "Will you push me away if I hold you like this? He instinctively slipped his arms around her tiny waist. She was speechless, they look in each other's eyes, the look of shock on her face is understated. She wanted to push him but the way his arms s around her makes her body weak. She lower down her gaze and it doesn't help that her eye level is just enough to see his Adam's apple. She raised her head a bit, to see that he is still gazing at her intently. Unconsciously she bit her lips when she saw that he slowly descending his head. She closed her eyes as if she is anticipating something to happen, until she felt the soft touch of his lips on her forehead. She opened her eyes awkwardly to see his signature smirk. She can't hide her frustration and embarrassment. She mustered the remaining strength she has to get free from his hold but he has other things in mind. He slowly bent his head and close the gap of their lips. Minsi was taken aback and momentarily froze realizing he was actually kissing her, spontaneously she closed her eyes when she felt him nibbling her lower lips. Do Hyun himself was also astonished, the feels of her lips is exactly what he imagined, soft and sweet. Seconds later he felt her mimicking his lips actions, he smiled in the kiss. She tilted her head a little and parted her lips to give him better access of . His tongue delicately caressed hers. Initially, the kiss they shared was slow and sweet but full of passion, they allow themselves to express the growing adoration they have for each other. He felt her hand gently rub his chest and that moment he knew that both of them need air. He rested his forehead against hers, he continues to give her soft kisses. She blearily opened her eyes, her mind is still hazy and her heart's in frenzy. Slowly her awareness of reality is setting back and the figments of surrealism are drifting away.

"I love you Minsi-Ah!" He whispered, he gently touch her face and wipe the tears on her cheeks.

"You don't need to answer now. I'm willing to wait!" He understands that she is still healing from her previous breakup. He's been holding back for a long time but he can endure everything just for her.

***
He planned to visit her at work, he bring flowers to surprise her. When he was about to enter the shop he heard a voice coming from the inside. He opened the door and was surprised to see Minsi under the embrace of a familiar man.

"Minsi-Ah!" He blurted, completely shocked. The man was Lee Suho, her ex-boyfriend.

"Do Hyun-ah!" She was stunned to see him standing in her shop's door.

"Who is that guy, babe?" Suho slipped her arms on her shoulder which she immediately shrugged.

"Hello, I'm Lee Do Hyun, I guess I'm interrupting something. I gotta go!" He said before he sprints out the shop. Minsi followed her hurriedly.

"Wait, Do Hyun-Ah! It's not what you think!" 

"You don't need to explain anything, I got the message."

"Please listen to me first." She insisted.

"For what, is it's what I just witnessed wasn't enough. I told you that I'm willing to wait but as I can see you already made a choice."

"Do Hyun-Ah, you don't understand!"

"Stop! I had enough of this stupidity. No don't blame yourself. It's my fault that I chose to love a person who is broken and cannot move on from her past." He said, apparently he is confused. "Let's stop here, let's stop seeing each other." He turned his back without listening to her reasons. He let his anger and jealousy overcast his logic. He dropped the flowers on the pavement, he left her alone drenched in middle of heavy downpour.

One month has passed since that incident, Do Hyun was grateful that school and theater keeps him busy. He avoided the places that would reminds him of Minsi. He knows that he wasn't  able to control his emotion that night and his words were harsh but he felt betrayed and hurt seeing her with other man, specially the man who broke her heart for so many times.

"Minsi, just send me a message asking me how are you doing." His classmate told him. "Why don't you at least meet her and listen to what she is trying to say to you that night!" 

He looked at him and didn't say anything, he just continue to drink his coffee.

"Well, I just hope you won't regret anything."

***
"Good job team, you pulled off your roles really well."  The theater director said.

Do Hyun and his co-actors we're having fun and exchanging high-five, when one his classmates saw Minsi appeared in the lobby of the theater where Do Hyun's class held their performance, she was carrying flowers indicating that she would like to congratulate Do Hyun for the success of the show.

"Minsi-Ah, you made it!" One of Do Hyun's classmates greeted her. Do Hyun looked blankly at her direction. Minsi smiled and try to come near him but instead of greeting her, he avoided her gaze he walked away to approached the fangirls who are shouting his name. His co-actors  gave her apologetic look. She smiled bitterly, showing them that she's ok despite of his mistreatment. She bowed to them before she left the venue.

***
"How's everything in the studio?" One of Do Hyun's classmate asked during one of their get together with the ballet students of The Muse Ballet Studio.

"Great! We will participate in the regional dance festival. It just sad Minsi Unnie couldn't join us!" The girl named Han Joo said. 

"Why, what happened to her? Do Hyun classmates asked on his behalf, sensing that the boy is still interested to know what's going on with Minsi.

"Oh, I'm quite surprised that you didn't know what happened. She went home to Daejoon for good. Her parents convinced her to come home after that incident, don't tell me you didn't know what happened to her?" The girl said worriedly.

They learned that Minsi's ex-boyfriend barged in her apparently and physically assaulted her.

"That psycho, before that incident he's always in the studio harassing Unnie. Teacher reported him to the police so he stop for a while. He's a cheater and obsessed, good thing the landlord was making rounds that night, if not things could have gone worse, I hate to say this, but that guy could have unnie, if the help didn't come right away." Hanjoo cried as she told them what happened to Minsi.

Meanwhile Do Hyun, can't believe with what he  heard, he stood from his seat and runaway from the place. He is going crazy, he never felt so embarrassed and angry at himself. The girl he loves the most was in danger and he didn't do anything to protect her because of his stupid pride. 

***

"Why don't you visit her in Daejoon?" His best friend Jiho suggested. He seems not his usual self since the day he learned about what Minsi went through.

"I'm not sure, she don't deserve a coward like me. I only cared about myself, I wasn't there during the time she needs someone who will protect her. I broke her trust and didn't keep my promise. I'm not sure if she can forgive me."

"Why not, it isn't entirely your fault! You should take your chance, remember no matter how slim it is. It's always worth if it's for the person you cares about. At least let her know what you truly feels, she has the right to know it."

Later that night he packed his things and headed to Daejoon. He is going to take his chance.

***

"Good Morning!" The staff of the shop greeted him.

"Good Morning, I'm  sorry to interrupt your breakfast." He retorted seeing how the girl took a big bite of her sandwich.

The girl swallowed hard before she speaks. "It's ok sir, are you here to discuss your wedding plans?"

He almost choke at the girls retort.

"Usually it's the bride we talk to when it  comes to wedding plans, or perhaps you are going to surprise your fiancée!" The girl continues to blabber.

"I'm sorry but I'm actually looking for the owner of this shop." He said straightforwardly.

"I'm one of the owners, probably Minsi-Ah? But she's not here at the moment, she's picking up some flowers for tomorrow's event. Yah, why I'm telling  you all of these? Who are you by the way?" 

"I'm Do Hyun!"

"Ok, I figures that you are friends with Minsi. By the way, I'm Dami, her friend and business partner. She' supposed to be here anytime soon!"

He was glad that Dami allowed him to wait for Minsi inside the shop. An hour later, he heard car engine's off. He thought it must be Minsi.

Outside, Minsi was unloading the flowers from her truck when she heard passerbys talking about a certain handsome guy inside the shop.

"Girls, did you saw him? His looks could pass as a movie actor."

"I agree with you, he's handsome!"

Using her freehand, she pushes the door and yells "Dami-Ah, can you lend me your hand, gosh these flowers are pretty but they are too heavy." The amount of  flowers on her hands already covering her face. Seeing her situation he swiftly stood from his seat and helped her. Minsi was surprised to him.

"Do Hyun-ssi!" She blurted in a state of shock.

"Yah, Minsi-ah, you're already here!" Dami exclaimed, understanding the situation, she left the area so the two could talk privately.

***
"Minsi-Ah, when are you going to talk to Do Hyun-ssi? He's been waiting for you outside the shop for 3 days in a row and other shop owners are starting to worry, as far as I heard they are close to report him to the police." Dami told Minsi. 

"I'm sorry, I don't know what to say to him." 

"If you don't know what to say, just listen to him. You know how it feels being ignored. If you want to end things with him, tell him right away and don't make him wait."

It is true that she was hurt by Do Hyun's actions. She never expected him to treat her that way. She relied on him during her lowest times but like her ex-boyfriend he only cared about his feelings. She wondered if he really likes her or he's just taking advantage of her. 

"Minsi-Ah, you came!" Do Hyun smile reaches his ears upon seeing her.

She agreed to meet him.

"I'm ready to listen!" Her simple retort.

"Minsi-ah, about what happened to you I'm really sorry about that. And about us, I just realized how stupid I was for not listening to you. I'm selfish and just plain stupid. I don't know if you'll believe but I really like you. I don't care about your past it doesn't bother me. I'm willing to wait for your forgiveness, I'll do my best so you could trust me again, just me give me another chance!" 

Minsi hastily wipe her tears, she feels sorry for herself, all the pains of the past flashes in her mind.

"Like you said, I'm broken. It will not be fair for both of us if we will start a relationship."

"I know, it's my fault, I should have not say those words to you. I'm broken too since the day we parted ways. Just let me know if we can still fix this together." 

"I think we are better off this way. You can continue to live your life in Seoul while I live my life here."

"Are you telling me that we should stop now?"

"Do Hyun-Ah, only time can heal us! I'll pray for your happines."

***

With a heavy heart, he left Daejoon, but he is determine not to give up on her. He saw hope in her eyes and that's enough for him to continue pursuing her. He made his presence known to her, her tried to be there for her whenever he can. Daejoon becomes his second home, he develops a habit of going there during weekends just to have a glimpse of her even from a far, amidst of his busy schedules, even if it means sacrificing hours of sleep.  

"Dami-Ah, that's heavy!" She said assisting her friend who is carrying a large box.

"There are more in the car, but don't worry I know someone who can help." 

"Where should I put these boxes?" Said by the voice that is too familiar to her.

"Do Hyun-ssi, what are you doing here!" She uttered in surprise.

Yah, let him, he volunteered to help!" Dami told her nonchalantly.

She could only sigh frustratedly. After half an hour, they finished stocking the boxes.

"It's almost lunchtime, I already ordered food, you can eat with us if you want." She low key invited him which made Dami and Do Hyun smile.

"Of course, I loved too!" His immediate response.

They were already eating, when Minsi suddenly speaks.

"Can you stop smiling? You look like a fool." 

"Minsi-Ah!" Dami exclaimed.

"I'm sorry!" He said, but her sarcasm only made him smile more. She is known for her sharp tongue, behind her innocent looks and graceful demeanor, she always speaks what's on her mind without any hesitation.

"Do Hyun-ssi, we really appreciate your help for today!" Dami said cheerfully.

"Anytime, I'll go ahead Dami, Minsi-Ah!" He bid his goodbye to the two girls.

"Drive safety, see you next time!" Dami told Do Hyun while Minsi lightly nudge her.

"He's really handsome and I just noticed that he has a nice body too." Minsi's eyes widen with her friends statement." Yah, don't worry he's not my type."

And it becomes a regular thing for Do Hyun, he spends almost all his weekends helping them in the shop, just like the old times he drives them to venues, pick up and deliver supplies for them, buy them foods and even cleans the shop.

"Minsi-Ah, are you sure it's ok with if I'll go home first?" Dami asked her, she has an emergency and needs to go home early.

"Yeah, I have to finish the quotation which I will send to our client." She replied.

"Arasso, go home safe, according to forecast typhoon will land at around 7pm." Dami reminded her. 

It's been three weeks since he last visited Daejoon. His schedule is loaded that's what he said to Dami. It's no surprise that the two became friends, they almost have the same personality, both out-going and chill. Sometimes she feels that he is enjoying her company more than her.

"Aist, Minsi you better stop thinking of him! Kaja finish the quotation so you can go home!" She reminded herself.

It's past 730pm and it's raining hard accompanied by strong wind, she didn't bring her car that day and opted to take a cab, but since there is a typhoon, noticeably less cabs travels back and forth the city. 

A familiar car stopped by  in the alley where she is waiting for a cab. It was Do Hyun, she wonders  what he is doing there. 

"Minsi-Ah, get inside, I'll take you home."

She had been waiting there for more than 30 minutes and at this rate it's quite impossible to get a ride home, unless the rain and wind weaken. Reluctantly, she gets inside the car. Few minutes later she noticed that Do Hyun haven't start driving. She gives him an odd look.

"I hope you don't mind, telling the direction to your apartment."

That made her realized, that Do Hyun has no idea, where she lives. She forgot that they are no longer in Seoul.

"I heard, the roads heading to Seoul were blocked, where are you going to stay tonight? She asked.

"Maybe, I'll try to book at her nearby hotels, I just hope there are available even if it's a short notice."

She takes a deep breath and musters her courage to offer him to stay in her place. She has extra unused room where he can rest and as expected he willingly accepts.

They had dinner and now cozily lounging in her living room. Do Hyun, picked up one of her picture frames, it's from a photo shoot she had at The Muse Ballet Studio.

"I wonder if you still do ballet." He inquired.

"Yeah, but not often, we're quite busy at the shop so I rarely have time." She answered.

"I would like to see you dance again!" He told her with serious look on his face.

She was flustered with his manners, he haven't changed, the way he stares at her and how he talks to her.

"Why do you keep on doing this?" She asked.

Understanding what she meant he speaks what's on his mind.

"Because you never tell me to stop!" He smirked. "I mean, you told me that only time can heal us, and somewhat that encourage me to continue. I just can't give up on you because I feel empty without you. I decided that I'm going to wait no matter how long...."

She must gone crazy when she stands up and come closer to him. She doesn't know what she was thinking when she reaches out to touch his face and pull him closer. She pressed her lips against his.  Do Hyun eyes widen realizing what she is doing, instinctively he close his eyes and allow himself to respond to the kiss. This is the moment he had been waiting for, it's the answer to his prayer. He boldly swipe his tongue and dwelve into . His arms pulls her body closer to him. He pours everything in that kiss, the longing, the passion and his love. He is willing to give everything just for her.

***

The curtain drawn, indicating that the show concluded. He couldn't contain the happiness and pride he felt watching the performance of his favorite ballerina girl on stage.

He waited at the lobby, he feels elated to greet and congratulate the star of the show. He brought her favorite flowers, pink roses.  A smile displays on his lips as soon as he saw her approaching him, with arms wide open, he welcomed her.

"Appa! Appa!" Her shrill voice and laughters echoed in the lobby.

He lifted her tiny body and shower kisses on her cute face. 

"Appa, that tickles!" Her smile reaches eyes. She has the most beautiful eye-smile which she inherited from her mother. 

"Congratulation my beautiful Princess. Appa is so proud of you!" 

"Really Appa, I was scared I thought I couldn't make a perfect pirouette." He smirked at his daughter's retort. She is just 6 years old but her ballet teacher saw big potential on her, according to her she could be a ballet protege in the future, well of course she got it from her mother.

"Really, Lim Yoo-ri! You are so perfect and beautiful on stage! I'm sure Omma is also proud of you!" 

"To bad Omma, couldn't watch me, did your record my dance for Omma to see!" She asked curiously.

"Of course my Princess!" Lim Yoo-ri is his and Go Minsi's eldest daughter. Minsi couldn't watch their daughter's ballet recital, she is recuperating from giving birth to their 2 week-old son, Lim Yuki.

He proposed to Minsi, nine months after their sweet reunion.  His management initially disapproved his plan, he signed a contract with them and he just starting to make name as an actor.

"Why are you in a hurry, is she pregnant?" His manager asked, completely shocked with his drastic decision. 

"No Hyung, you know how much I respects her and her family."

"But why?"

"I love her, isn't that enough reason to get married." 

He was firmed with his decisions, both of them just turned 23, with a promising careers and future. Regardless of his management opposition he already made up his mind. He is still lucky though that his management did not terminate his contract, instead they continue giving him projects. As much as he wants his marital status to be publicized Minsi agreed with his management to keep their marriage secret. She don't want to be a reason for his career downfall, she actually rejected his proposal at first but maybe their love is greater than their desires to be successful on their respective careers.

They held a simple ceremony in Daejoon, attended by their families and friends. Do Hyun let out a happy tears as soon as he saw Minsi walking in the aisles. She is captivatingly beautiful in her simple but elegant wedding dress. White is the best on her, it symbolizes her innocence and purity, the style hugged her female curves perfectly. She looks ethereal.

On The night of the wedding they shared one of the memorable nights of their lives. He thought she is at her most beautiful on her wedding dress. But nothing compares to her beauty in her birthday suit. Laying in their marital bed, with her hair sprawls against the pillow, her body alternately writhing in pain and squirming in pleasure underneath him as they consummate their love for each other. Her face exhibits expressions of acceptance, love and bliss with her half-lidded eyes and parted lips, she moans his name like a prayer. For him she is a goddess that is worth to be worshipped. That night is a promise of keeping their love for the rest of their lives.

***

"Princess, Appa bought your favorite flower." Handling her daughter a bouquet of pink roses.

Yoo-ri furrowed her eyebrows, looking intently at the flowers prior displaying a cute pout. There's an endless debate to whom she got her looks, but according to Minsi, Yoo-ri is a splitting image of him, except of her doe eyes, the only facial feature she got from her. She inherited his tall nose and his adorable and charming smile. She hopes his height too.

"Why are you pouting, my Princess?"

"It's Omma favorite not mine." She said still pouting.

Do Hyun let out a nervous laugh, quite disappointed on himself, how can he forgot that his daughter loves carnations more than roses.

"Are you sad, because Appa got it wrong?" He feign a cry.

"Aniyo Appa, we can give it to Omma instead. I have the bestest Appa in world." She yelled and Do Hyun laughed along with her.

Father and Daughter's sweet interaction was interrupted by a boyish voice shouting Yoo-ri's name. 

"Lim Yoo-ri-ssi" A young boy ran towards them. Do Hyun noticed that he is carrying a bouquet of flower.

"Shi- Woo Oppa!" She shouted back. Do Hyun put her down to meet the boy.

"Yoo-ri-ssi, flowers for you!" The boy handled her the flowers and to his surprise, it's a bouquet of pink carnations.

"Thank you Oppa!" His daughter smile sweetly at the young boy.

"You look pretty on stage!" Shi-woo complimented her.

The kids interaction though sweet doesn't appease him, he don't like the way this boy stares at his daughter. What if this boy steal his daughter from him and such thoughts played in his mind.

"Shi-woo Oppa, this my appa, Appa he is Shi-woo!" Yoo-ri tried to introduce the young boy to her appa, but Do Hyun is not paying attention.

"Appa!" She yelled.

"Yes, Princess!" He was startled at his daughter loud voice.

"Yoo-ri-appa! I'm Hong Shi-Woo, twin brother of Hong Si-A. I'm 8 years old and I go to same school with your daughter." The young boy confidently introduced himself, offering his hand for a handshake. Upon hearing that  the boy is Yoo-ri's schoolmate, he mentally plan to transfer his daughter to an all girl school. The idea that Yoo-ri is only 6 and already received  flowers from a boy, worries him.

"Nice meeting you Shi-Woo-ssi, does your parents' not looking for you. I hate to say this but Yoo-ri and I need to go home now." He said while looking at the boy menacingly. "Let's go Princess, Omma, Yuki and Gaeul are waiting for us.

"Arasso, Yoo-ri Appa! Yoo-ri-ssi see you at school."

"Neh, Oppa! Take care!"

"You too, My Princess!"

"Princess" Did she just call his daughter "My Princess". Really this boy is getting into his nerves.

***
"Omma, we're here!" Yoo-ri cheerfully greeted Minsi who just finished feeding her son.

"Hi Princess! How's the show?" She excitedly asked her daughter.

"It was great, I had a lot of fun!" 

"That's good to hear, Omma is jealous of Appa. because I couldn't watch you."

Do Hyun also entered the room.

"Hello my loves!" Do Hyun kisses Minsi and lightly pinched his son's chubby cheeks.

"Hello my handsome love!" Minsi greeted back.

"Omma, Appa bought you flowers!" Yoo-ri shows her the roses.

"Really Appa, bought one for me too!" She happily inquire noticing her daughter carries two bouquet.

"Ani, Appa bought the wrong one! He bought your favorite flowers not mine but is ok, because Shi-Woo oppa gave me carnations!" Yoo-ri narrated.

Minsi looked at her husband who is now pouting. She knew he is disappointed but her intuition is also telling her that Shi-Woo, giving flowers to their daughter somehow bothers him. He is quite overprotective when it comes to her and their kids. Do Hyun seemingly avoiding her gaze told her that he'll prepare the dinner table. He left Minsi and Yoo-ri who are excitedly chatting about the recital.

The kids were already asleep and Do Hyun readily joined his wife in the bed. Minsi moved closer to his side and gently kiss him on the lips.

"What's bothering you love?" She asked.

"Ah, nothing, I just had a long day!" He returned the kisses.

"Hmmmm...is that all?" 

Do Hyun, knew that he cannot hide anything from his wife and vice-versa. Before he doesn't believe in the concept of soulmates not until he met her. Reluctantly he spilled what's on his mind.

"I'm thinking of transferring Yoo-ri, to an all girl-school next school year. She needs to concentrate on ballet and her studies. I want her to understand the meaning of priority at early age." He told her.

Minsi laughed at him, she was right with her assumption.

"Shi-woo is such a sweet boy!" She spewed.

"Yah, don't tell me you are also fond of that boy." Do Hyun slightly raised his voice.

"And don't tell me that you are jealous of that little boy?" 

Do Hyun, just can't believe how that little guy seems to capture the hearts of the women in his life.

"I don't like the way he stares at our daughter  and how dare he to call her Princess. He has no right to call her that way!" He sigh frustratedly.

"What about his stares, does he remind you of your younger self?" Minsi trailed off. "Look they are too young and innocent if you are thinking that he will snatch our daughter from us. Believe me they are just friends and it's normal for kids to make friends, it's just us adult who give malice to everything we see or hear."

"Are you telling me that what I'm thinking is wrong?" He said disappointedly.

"No, it's not that way. I know you just want to protect our kids and it's understandable, but let our kids experience to have friends. Don't overthink you're doing great as a father and always remember that we don't own them, we are just here to guide them."

"Is that so? I'm just upset, because that boy is way too confident for his age, he didn't even flinch when I gave him an intimidating look."

Minsi cannot contain her laughters, she remembers that time when he asked her parents permission to marry her.

"Wait, you're telling me that he more confident than you! I suddenly remember how nervous you were meeting Appa."

"Love, can you stop reminding me that, Appa was really scary that time. But I'm telling you I only got nervous of the thought that he won't allow me to marry you. It's one of the most nerve-wrecking moments in my life, I don't even get nervous when auditioning for a role but Appa really gave me a hard time."

"Did you regret it!" She challenged.

"Of course not, why would I regret the greatest achievement of my life, which is marrying the most gorgeous ballerina I know." He smirked naughtily.

"Oh my gosh, I'm melting!" She flirted back.

"But really, as I told you it's one of the time I really got nervous, I would rank that as 3rd!" He said.

"May I know the 2nd and 1st place?" She curiously asked.

"Hmmm...for the 2nd place it's actually the time you gave birth to Yoo-ri and Yuki. I'm just to worried about you and our kids specially when you went on labor, I can't imagine the pain you went through, if I could only take your place, I'll definitely do that. And for the 1st place, it's when the time I thought you won't accept and love me back. I just can't imagine living without you. You should know how much I regretted the time I almost lost you. And I'm forever grateful that my prayers were answered and that's is a chance given to me to be your husband and lover for the rest of our lives until eternity, My original Ballerina girl!"

"I love you so much Actor Do Hyun-Ah! You are the best thing that happened in my life! I love you then, now and until eternity!"

And they seal their love with a kiss.

***

"Yeah, Ms. Jung, Sia and Shi-woo are always welcome to visit us!" Minsi was talking to someone over the phone.

"Sure, see you soon!" She said before she hang the phone.

"Who's that love?" Do Hyun asked.

"Ah, it's Ms. Jung, Hong Sia and Shi-woo's mother, she told me that the kids want to visit Yoo-ri and Yuki, so I suggested a play date her in our home." 

"Date, what date?"

Minsi immediately noticed the panic in her husband's eyes.

"Relax love, it's not the type of date you are thinking."

"I know, but when did you schedule that play date? I need to be here on that day." He said while checking something on his phone.

"It's on the 23rd."

"Mwo! Wait I have a meeting schedule on that date! What time they will arrive here?"

"Afternoon!"

"Hello hyung! I just want to know what is the exact time of our meeting on the 23rd?" He is talking to his manager over the phone.

"Neh, so it's morning. Great! No, Hyung, it's just Yoo-ri's friends will visit home on that day, and I promise the kids that I will play with them, you know how much I wanted to spend time with my kids." I know Hyung!"

Minsi laughed inwardly at her husband's shenanigans. He just can't avoid being extra with his parenting style, but regardless she is proud of him, she thought maybe it's just challenging to be a father of a lovely ballerina girl.