Not Anymore, We're Not Friends

Why Do You Misbehave?

 

Sooyoung scoffs as they take a walk around the indoor amusement park, its artificial lights blinding as ever, accompanied with the sounds of machinery, children's laughter and screams from the attractions. She rubs her knuckles. "This feels like a big 'Have fun, it'll be the last time you'll get it.' from that Blue Betta." 

Sooyoung gnaws at her lip. Her suspicions are getting the best of her. "Did we get the coordinates wrong?" She grumbles in annoyance, fishing out the burner phone she was given back at their agency. It wouldn't be the first time they've gotten such things wrong in a mission like these. Plus, it couldn't be a coincidence that it always happens when it involved Blue Betta.

"Ya think they're toying with us again?" Heejin glances at her, stuffing her hands in her jacket's pockets. It wouldn't be a surprise if Soul did such a thing. They've been chasing after them for far too long. It's been a pain in the for her and Sooyoung. Their agency's on thin ice with their sponsors because of it.

"I wouldn't put it past 'em." Sooyoung turns around to face her as they walk. Her expression quite irritated already despite having no action just yet. "Listen, Creator, we're the ones who founded LOONA, we're supposed to be the best and yet, we haven't even gotten a mere glimpse of that Blue Betta person. Doesn't that annoy you?"

"Yves, I get what you're saying. It's weird we haven't seen them, but-" As Heejin's about to continue with her response, her eyes drift off to a woman in an obnoxious red jacket comes into view as they're approaching the carousel. She narrows her eyes at her, can't help the growing feeling of dread as they come closer.

The woman turns, flashing such a sickening smile at her. She felt as though her heart had stopped. She exclaims, "Now you have." And in a manner of a few seconds, what appeared to be a normal amusement park attendee, unexpectedly pulls out a pistol and fires it. The bullet flying right through the middle of Heejin and Sooyoung.

Before the duo could even pull out their own firearms, when the bullet was fired, the lights instantly shut down, making their surroundings go pitch black. And there, the horrified screams of the civilians fill the air around them. They scatter to find the exit, creating a stampede that ultimately separated Heejin, Sooyoung and Soul from one another.

The speakers around the amusement park turn on with a prolonged high-pitched noise that makes everyone still and cover their ears in an effort to protect their sense of hearing. After a moment of deafening silence, a low voice finally speaks up.

"Jeon Heejin~"

The voice is heavily distorted, a far cry from the voice they had heard moments earlier. It echoes throughout the area, confusing everyone that's still inside. Sooyoung furrows her eyebrows. "What the ?" She whispers before directing the civilians toward the exit with her flashlight. "Go, go, go!"

Heejin's features scrunch up as she runs towards the funhouse she had hidden her sniper at. She bumped into a handful of people on the way. "Sorry!" She shouts before she grabs onto the railings, ignoring the way the steel stairs create such unnecessary noise as she runs up. Heejin takes out the earpiece from her pocket and hurriedly shoves it into her ear. "Yves? Do you hear me?"

"Loud and clear, Creator." Sooyoung radios in, her voice horrendously muffled by the scuffed microphone quality. "How's it lookin' up there, Bun?" Heejin takes a moment to fix the stand on her sniper, taking shallow breathes as she peers over the now locked up amusement park's premises for any signs of their target.

"Nothing's out of the ordinary yet. She's probably still in the radio room." Heejin positions herself, patting her arm and thigh to check on her hidden weapons. She sighs in relief when she feels the outline of her knife and backup pistol. On previous missions, they always seemed to disappear for unknown reasons. "Yves, go around and find her. I'll be right here looking out for you."

"Got it." Sooyoung tightens her grip around her pistol. She looks around. A couple of lights have been , despite it being the tinier ones from the attractions' buildings, it was enough. Sooyoung walks in front of a ring toss tent, it's lights shut off the moment she set foot near it.

Heejin spots it, radioing in immediately. "Look's like you've gotten bugged with something, Yves. Best get that off you if you wanna find her."

"Tsk." Sooyoung utters as she goes into to hiding in the dimly lit cafeteria area and takes out the little device thrown in her pocket. She harshly crushes it with her foot, and the lights around her shone. Heavy footsteps quickly echo around her. "Creator, sorry, but I've got some company." And there, rifles burst fire directly at her. 

Heejin flinches at the hundreds of bullets being fired in the distance. She purses her lips. She normally doesn't do much action during missions, but when the situation calls for it, she doesn't have a choice. Heejin sets her sniper on her shoulder and decides to jump onto the stairs around her. It led to a tunnel slide. She slips right into it. The end of the tunnel had no light, only the front of a pistol being pointed right at her forehead.

"." Heejin airily chuckles at the familiar face sleazily smiling right at her. "Ya got me, Soul." She slowly rises her hands in defeat, staring straight into the girl's eyes, giving a tight-lipped smile in return.

 

.。*゚+.*.。

 

Heejin's eyes look hollow as she looks straight ahead, not at the girl walking towards her. "What do you want? You've decided to quit LOONA not too long ago, but here you are circling it's founder for reasons I've yet to know." She shakes her hands that are cuffed to the chair she's sitting on.

Jinsol gently cups her chin with her free hand, jerking Heejin's head to face her. The girl's eyes are heavily lidded, but manages to look back at Jinsol's eyes. "I want nothing." She deadpans, making Heejin quirk her eyebrow. "Can't I just find it funny how you look so helpless like this?" She inches closer, her breath ghosting her lips. "You do know that Yves of yours is going to betray you, right?"

"I gotta say," Jinsol moves away, opting to circle around Heejin. "The names are fitting. Little Yves right here, is gotta bite that forbidden fruit once more but in front of you, God, the Creator." She points the pistol to the girl's head as she says the last word with more emphasis. "And you wonder why none of your men had come to help you with the casino mission of yours. The very casino we're in right now, Bun."

Jinsol tips the chair, making Heejin fall on her back. Her line of sight being right at the TV behind the front desk. It turns on, its screen flashing with CCTV footage of Sooyoung mercilessly killing their men that was supposed to be her back up whilst she was hacking the building in the bar. Heejin remains expressionless, not wanting to seem vulnerable in front of Jinsol.

Then it switches to the kitchen footage, showcasing Lip and Yves seemingly having an intense confrontation.

"What the actual are you doing, Sooyoung?" Jungeun spits out, her hand laid out on the counter. "Are you an undercover spy for Blue Betta?" She narrows her eyes at Sooyoung slamming her hand on the counter.

Sooyoung rolls her eyes. "As if you're any better, Eclipse." She quickly grabs onto the nearby empty bottle and slams it on Jungeun's head, its glass shatters on impact and the shards scatter, wounding them both.

 Jungeun retaliates with snatching a knife from one of the drawers, and blindly slashes Sooyoung's forearm. "You're gonna ing pay for this, you ." She growls and takes advantage of Sooyoung's shock to make a run for it.

Heejin's head is throbbing from the rather harsh impact from her short fall. She blinks a few times before breathing out, "Eclipse?"

Jinsol props the chair up, flashing yet another smile at Heejin. This one had a proud aura from it. "The name she adopted from OEC. My agency that you most likely know about already. Or not since the BGV team might've gone to without me."

Growing more and more impatient with her, Heejin exasperatedly sighs, "Okay, stop with the bull. I've seen and heard enough from you. Shoot your shot already." But instead of a bullet piercing through her head, she receives a strange reply in return.

"Okay, um, you know, I’m actually terrible at flirting. How about you try to pick me up instead?" Jinsol drawls out in an uncharacteristically shy tone, rubbing her nape as she looks around the dim building, looking everywhere but the restrained girl in front of her.

Heejin's jaw goes slack. She blinks in confusion. "What the ?" She slowly chuckles and eventually laughs loudly. "Jeong Jinsol, you can't be serious with that. You really had me cuffed just so you could say that cheesy pick-up line?"

"What? No! I was just making a joke. Don't flatter yourself, Heejin." Jinsol pouts, pointing the gun once more to the said girl.

"God. You really haven't changed, have you? You probably cringed so hard when you cussed earlier." Heejin chuckles a bit more. "You can't say LOONA's BGV team has gone to , I know you loved Yeojin." She smirks.

Jinsol blinks and suddenly gets tackled down by Heejin. Her pistol goes flying off her hand. The girl has been working out, it's quite evident by how hard she's pinning her down. "How the did you get the cuffs off?" Jinsol then glares at her, focusing on switching their positions.

"I didn't." Heejin simply answers, making Jinsol turn her head and sees the handcuffs still around her wrist but with the chain broken off. "Does your agency need some money? The handcuffs were cheap, baby. I'm disappointed."

"No thanks. I think you might need the money for your hospital bills, Bun." Jinsol smiles, confusing Heejin. She gets her answer in a form of a bullet going straight to her shoulder. Heejin cries out in pain. She falls down with a strained grunt.

"Wolfie!" Jinsol enthusiastically greets, but her expression hardens. "You're late. I'm not paying you to act like this. Step it up, kid." She pats the girl's shoulder.

"Don't call me Wolfie." Hyeju grabs Jinsol's wrist. "And I'm sorry I'm late, but the cops are building up out there. We gotta go right now." She spots Heejin trying to take aim at them with the pistol she crawled towards. "Don't even try." Hyeju frowns, shooting it right off the girl's hand.

Jinsol giggles. "This is why you're the best, Hye." She turns to Heejin, who was hissing in pain. "See you next time, Heej! Try not to miss me so much, okay?" She waves her off then drags Hyeju with her off towards the emergency exit.

With the worst timing as always, Sooyoung finally comes busting through the same emergency exit Soul and Hye ran off to. She rushes to Heejin, hoisting the girl up and carries her bridal style. "Oh, God. What happened?"

Heejin smacks her lips at the bittersweet aftertaste lingering on her tongue as Sooyoung effortlessly carries her whilst she runs. "Don't speak to me, Yves. We're talking back at the agency."