i'll wait for you

I'll Wait for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You really waited for me?”


 

Seungwan has always been one for surprises. Granted, she should’ve known this would happen as Seungwan’s stubbornness can be unmatched if she sets her sight on an objective. 


 

Joohyun thinks the objective this time is something they both deserve after so many missed moments and stolen time. 


 

Standing a few feet away from her is a smiling Seungwan - one hand holding a steaming cup of hot chocolate and the other hand waving at her. 


 

“You should be resting.” She slightly tilts her head in faux dismay. Joohyun’s small act doesn’t last as Seungwan slowly walks towards her with a pout on her face. She thinks it’s unfair for the other girl to look this cute while she tries to chastise her.


 

“Guess what?” Seungwan hands her the cup of hot chocolate. “I asked a favor from manager unnie to allow us to visit Han River tonight.”


 

There’s a few seconds of silence as Joohyun absorbs this information. She can feel the excitement bubbling inside of her because the idea of spending time together with Seungwan alone was something that was deemed impossible by the both of them for a long time. More often than not, Joohyun’s thoughts have the tendency to dwell on the ‘what could have beens’ with Seungwan given the circumstances.


 

Seungwan must have misinterpreted her silence as a rejection as she says, “I’m so sorry, I should’ve known you’d be tired after your fitting. I should’ve have asked you-”


 

“I would love to go to Han River with you tonight, Seungwan-ah.” 


 

“Oh, okay, cool cool.” Joohyun lets out a chuckle as Seungwan nods her head vigorously. 


 

“You’re adorable.” 


 

And now Seungwan looks like a deer caught in the headlights. 


 

Correction, she looks like the most adorable deer caught in the headlights.


 

She doesn’t wait for Seungwan to answer. Instead, she reaches for her hand and leads them to the car waiting for them.




 

-

 


 

“Unnie.”


 

“Hmm?”


 

“I’m not going anywhere.”


 

Joohyun only realizes what Seungwan means when the other girl raises their clasped hands together. 


 

Instead of letting go, she tightens her grip and continues to walk with Seungwan close to her. 


 

“Good. You should stay.” Tonight, Joohyun forgets about any form of subtlety. 


 

This used to be their thing - spending their free time together just strolling along the river as they talk about anything until it’s time to go home. She remembers their first time vividly. They were only trainees then and Joohyun somehow convinced a young and anxious Seungwan to sneak out for a few hours after a particularly brutal dance training. It hurt her, seeing the younger girl’s crestfallen face after practice due to another reprimand from their instructor. The spontaneity of the events didn’t hinder Joohyun from planning what would be one of the best nights of Seungwan’s life in Seoul as they spent hours eating their favorite convenience store food in one of the benches and just spending time together until it was time to go home. 


 

It was unspoken, but Joohyun wanted the night to last forever. Seungwan’s ‘you’re the best, unnie” and a particularly long and tight hug before they retreated to their own rooms made her feel like the other girl wanted the same thing too.



 

“I missed this.”

 

 

I missed you.


 

Seungwan turns towards her. “Me too,” the girl replies with a gleam in her eyes. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter