1 First Encounter

Introvert vs Extrovert

"AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO"

 

Screams and excitement can be heard and seen in nearly every nooks and crannies of the amusement park section of Lotte Planet, a major recreation complex located in Seoul, South Korea. It was a bustling Saturday afternoon, Kim Jin Young was busy being a thirdwheel, hanging out with his friend from the same football club, Lee Doo Ji, and his girlfriend, Kwon Ha Eun, a member of the cheerleading club. Jin Young thought of Doo Ji as a good friend even though he is a year older than him.

 

"Hyung, when can I stop recording." Jin Young said as he looked up towards Doo Ji as he was a head taller than him. 

 

"Soon." Doo Ji replied back as he was being lovey-dovey with his girlfriend.

 

Instead of feeling disgusted or queasy of the romantic couple ahead of him, he thought they look cute together. Jin Young was never the type to be jealous of couples who likes public displays of affection, or any type of couples in general. Probably because he was brought up in New Zealand. The reason he was there recording them was because Doo Ji knew that Jin Young was a Utuber so he seeked his help to record a day with his girlfriend, Kwon Ha Eun. Doo Ji is one of the few people who knows that Jin Young is a Utuber but still, there are many things that Jin Young keeps to himself since he likes being conservative.

 

"Sigh" *This is getting really tiring.* Jin Young thought as he continued to record the couple. He is starting to regret accepting only 50,000 won to film them for an entire day.

 

Doo Ji and Ha Eun looked back, realizing how bored Jin Young looked as he blankly frown into the camera. It was a habit of Jin Young to frown when doing something so, many people misunderstood him for being angry all the time. They decided to ditch Jin Young so that he can have some time alone for the rest of the day. After all, they knew that Jin Young is an independant person and would be glad to stop recording them.

 

As Jin Young snapped back to reality, he noticed that the couple was missing from his shot. He looked around disoriented, confused to where they disappeared to. Inside, he was ecstatic knowing that he can finally escape after filming for 5 hours as he glanced at his watch. A few seconds later, he received a message from Doo Ji.

 

TalkKaKao: Doo Doo(Lee Doo Ji)

You are free to go :-)  - Doo Doo

 

Jin Young realized that the couple had deserted him but he was happy as he replied back.

 

TalkKaKao: Doo Doo(Lee Doo Ji)

Thank you very much, kind sir - Jin Young

See you during football practise :-D - Jin Young

 

Jin Young placed his phone back into his pocket and the first thing he did was finding a bench as he had discomfort in his feet. In no time, he found a bench with another person sitting on it, specifically a girl. Jin Young is an introvert but, he is even more shy interacting with girls especially if he needed to initiate the conversation. He didn't had time to care or think about his flaw, he just needed to rest his feet.

 

The bench had enough space for 3 adults to sit so Jin Young hastily sat on the most left of the bench so that he and the girl would be comfortable. As soon as he sat on the bench, he reviewed the footage he took on his camera whilst swinging his legs. After a while, he looked up around him and thought that his surroundings were so unfamiliar to him since he only moved to South Korea a year ago. He suddenly missed his parents.

 

Jin Young decided to take a few pictures so that he can show what the well-known Lotte Planet looked like to his parents. He took a few shots and panned the camera to his right, not realizing that it looked like he was taking a picture of the girl on the bench as the camera was zoomed in.

 

"YA!" Jin Young placed his camera down and looked towards the loud voice. His body was faced towards the girl, he apologized nonchalantly not realizing what "he had done".

 


 

*This guy must be out of his mind!* Kim Min Ju thought as Jin Young returned back to photograph his surroundings. *I knew he was a creep as soon as I saw him walking towards me.*

 

"YA! Give me your camera." Min Ju said with an annoyed tone.

 

Jin Young looked towards Min Ju, bewildered with one of his eyebrow lifted. "Why?".

 

"I caught you taking a picture of me. I know I'm pretty but at least ask for my permission if you wanted a photo of me." Min Ju said haughtily with one of her arms out, basically asking Jin Young to give the camera to her.

 

Jin Young snickered as Min Ju, a stranger, was speaking informally to him but it didn't bothered him. He was baffled that there was a crazy girl sitting beside him. He saw her having one of her arms out and he knew what it meant. He didn't want to be accused for a weirdo so he gave the camera to her coolly. 

 

"Here. Be careful, it's quite expensive." Jin Young said as he handed the camera to Min Ju.

 

Min Ju checked the camera's gallery actively and noticed that there wasn't any photos or videos of her. She went back and forth from each images and videos, realizing that she just embarrassed herself. She laughed nervously and scratched her head. She looked towards Jin Young and returned the camera while smiling anxiously.

 

"I'm sorry for the misunderstanding." Min Ju apologized whie bowing her head.

 

Jin Young smirked and murmured "At least you know you're wrong.".

 

Min Ju quickly raised her head and saw that the guy was wearing a smirk. She faced away from him, crossed her arms exasperated and thought, "This guy must really be nuts.".

 

There was an awkward silence for 3 whole minute. Jin Young felt like she was somone he had seen before as her looks were familiar but he just can't seem to put his mind into it. He was too shy to talk to a girl so he gave up without trying. He had enough rest and was planning to have a late lunch when a tall, fairly good-looking dude sat in between him and Min Ju. He had one of his arms on the bench behind Min Ju and Jin Young was intrigued by the situation so he decided to stay for a little while. 

 

"Hey pretty girl, what are you doing here all alone." The dude said confidently with his chest out.

 

Jin Young found his way of flirting funny so he chuckled. The dude looked towards Jin Young irritated. Luckily, Jin Young was quick-witted and had his camera out, pretending that he was watching a funny video. The dude faced back towards Min Ju without any suspicions and advanced with his flirting.

 

"What's a pretty girl doing here all alone. Why don't we go and have some fun?" The dude flirted.

 

"Sorry, I'm waiting for my friends." Min Ju replied back while fixing her hair behind her ear charmingly.

 

Jin Young was taken aback. He realized that the girl was speaking in a formal, well-mannered way towards the mature looking dude but was speaking to him informally during their first conversation. He didn't mind either way but he found it strange that girl was speaking indifferently.

 

The dude kept shooting his shots towards Min Ju despite her rejecting him every single time he tried to get her off the bench with him. Jin Young found that the situation had gone dull and uninteresting. He placed his hands on his stomach and decided that it was time to fill it up. He held his camera and got off the bench. He had already walked about 7 steps away from the bench and he looked back, incase he left anything on the bench. At the same time, he noticed that the girl looked very uncomfortable as the dude kept closing his distance.

 

Jin Yong, although shy of girls, can't stand it and went back swiftly to help her get out of the situation.