Right Behind You

Right Behind You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoohyeon frowned in front of the mirror. "Did I do something terrible?" She questioned herself as she tied her black hair into a messy bun.

 

 

 

Well, it's just a hunch. 

 

 

 

"But if I did, she would tell me that immediately." 

 

 

 

And still, she wasn't sure. It's not that she was forgetful. Sure, she has a short term memory, but at some point, it's also really impossible if the person of interest was her girlfriend.

 

 

 

Looking up and recalling the events these past few days. They seem okay, no fight, no arguments, there's also no useless banters her girlfriend would suddenly throw at her out of nowhere. 

 

 

 

"We even had a pillow fight recently."

 

 

 

A heavy sigh escaped as she scratched her cheeks trying to remember every possible reason for Minji not to talk to her. 

 

 

 

"I make sure to give her my time too?" Of course! There's no way she wouldn't shower the latter with love whenever she got the time. Minji loves them.

 

 

 

But the time.

 

 

 

"Oh my ing ! I'm running late!" Yoohyeon hurried to pack her stuff upon looking up at the clock Minji decided to put there in the living room so she wouldn't lose track of her morning classes.

 

 

 

But well, it's Yoohyeon. The Graphic Designer who has a short term memory. 

 

 

 

Wait? Have we mentioned that she forgot to fix her uniform's tie too?

 

 

 

Oh!

 

 

 

And again…. Sigh …. She's Kim Yoohyeon, do we need more explanation?

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

"Do you think I did something I wasn't supposed to?" 

 

 

 

Handong rolled her eyes, Yubin facepalm herself while Gahyeon just… Gahyeon just blinked and shook her head in disbelief with a little bit of disappointment to show off.

 

 

 

"You are the girlfriend..." the younger started, swallowing the last bite of her burger before throwing the yakult's container at Yoohyeon's face. "... Aren't you supposed to know that?"

 

 

 

"But she tends to forget stuff so.." Handong interjects, suddenly making a judgemental face towards her direction that the taller immediately counters with a high pitched ' yah' as a response. 

 

 

 

They soon fell into silence with Yoohyeon zoning out for the third time this lunch. Yubin just eyed her with a questioning look.

 

 

 

"Such an idiot." She utter, crossing her arms as she glare at their friend who had been so problematic since last week. Yoohyeon raised an eyebrow and threw a glare with the same intensity. "Why don't you ask her yourself? Sounds good?" 

 

 

 

"I can't-" 

 

 

 

"Blah, blah, blah, blah." Gahyeon cut her off. "It's the same excuse you used last time, Yooh." She reminded her before showing an unimpressed look. "Try another. Perhaps the one I can call believable this time."

 

 

 

Yoohyeon hid her face on her big palms. The three just stare at her stress features. No, it's not that they don't like her talking or asking about Minji, it's actually the opposite. 

 

 

 

The smile on her face is so bright, blinding. As if everything inside of a dark room could light up if she sees the latter's silhouette, close up or not, personal or in pictures. 

 

 

 

They're not tired either. It's just, they are here to teach her how to move on her own? If you can call it that way. 

 

 

 

Okay, really, listening to her about the issue or whatever this is all about, is not tiring. Because it's just Yoohyeon sharing her concern that they consider as a silent way for her to ask for some advice, but, it's getting a little bit annoying.

 

 

 

She's no longer asking for advice. It sooner became a rant full of doubt. Doubts to herself that Yubin couldn't longer listen to. 

 

 

 

Sometimes, it gets out of hand and is unbearable to pay attention to. Well, based on Handong's humble opinion. 

 

 

 

Yoohyeon starts acting in front of Minji as if it's the first time since what? No one can recall. She acts all shy and timid. But…. They've been together since senior year and they are in college now. That girl is not even a shy and timid person. That's why the glares and unimpressed stare at her doubles.

 

 

 

"You are the girlfriend right?" Yubin started to question. Maybe a little bit of a slapping session of reality will do. Harsh but that's fine because Yoohyeon doesn't learn without being scolded anyways. "Then act like how you are supposed to."

 

 

 

 "It's just…"

 

 

 

"It's just, what?" Gahyeon raised a brow and legs crossed under the table. "Oh please, stop giving us the same exact reason like 'I'm shy.' etcetera." she finished. 

 

 

 

Yoohyeon just blinked, so they waited for an answer. 

 

 

 

"She doesn't talk to me about it at all." She reasons, eyes gazing away to avoid having any eye contact. 

 

 

 

She tried once, multiple times in a day to be precise. But she never gets Minji to speak it out. To share whatever she was keeping away from her. Because that time when she asks if they have a problem since she was ignoring her, Minji just ignores it.

 

 

 

And oh hell damn, her girlfriend stopped talking to her after that and the following days!

 

 

 

Plain curiosity. That's all, with a good intention perhaps. 

 

 

 

"And it's been five days since she stopped talking to me. Yeah, we are roommates, but I haven't got the chance to talk to her again because she keeps ignoring me and pushing me out of her room every damn time! I even feel like I don't exist." Her last words came out so inaudible. The doubt was there too, again, and Handong couldn't do anything to comfort her.

 

 

 

Because it's Minji they were talking about. A ing hard headed beautiful human sunshine.

 

 

 

Actually….both of them have this kind of problem in their system that Yubin is so close to smacking their heads anywhere. 

 

 

 

But nonetheless, their eyes softened. Yoohyeon is not ignorant, they will admit. She's observant around those she doesn't know, she was better than Bora too. But most of the time, no, every time, she can't apply that skill of hers to them, to herself. Kinda ironic, but no one could blame her for that as well.

 

 

 

Minji is unexpectedly unpredictable despite being the alternative sunshine of their lives. When she smiled or laughed, no one could tell her emotions. No one could really tell if those are true. Yoohyeon is an exception, of course. But yeah, this girl's brain would i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter