Till the last breathe..

Till the last breathe..

 

 

 

The older Royal couple bid their farewells to his children, relatives, and royal employees. They part ways with the promise of returning to his eldest son, King Lee Min Ho's, wedding. The Royal couple wishes to visit Canada, where Jo Yeong's sister lives.

Despite both of their refusals, the royal couple was escorted to the airport by Royal Guards. Captain Seok is concerned about their safety, so they only accept one guard,  Jung-mi.  They board a private plane for the lengthy journey.

 

 

“Mama, Pyeha, I'm Jung Jae-Hyun, and I'm the Captain for today's flight. This is my team.” After the Royal couple took their seats, the chief pilot and his crew introduced themselves.

“I hope you have a pleasant journey ahead of you. We are here to assist you Pyeha if you have any difficulties or wants.” The Captain stated once again. They left after greeting.

 

 

“Hyung. You should get some rest. You didn't sleep the night before.” Jo Yeong commented upon the flight's takeoff.

“I don't feel sleepy at all.” With a pout, the former King responded. Yeong laughs. His husband is still like a child. Even after having two children who will be starting their own families soon.

“Only if you say so,” Yeong responded by adjusting his seat to a more comfortable posture.

“Hey,” Yeong looks at older hearing his voice.

“Why Hyung?”

“You can't sleep when I'm awake, Yeongie!” Lee Gon's voice was dramatic.

“So, what are you telling me to do?” Yeong asks, unimpressed by his husband's behavior.

 

Lee Gon stands from the seat opposite his and takes a seat next to him. Yeong only looked at him silently.

“Let‘s talk.” Lee Gon said with a smile. Yeong shakes his head with a scoff, but nerveless he accept the idea.

“What do you have to talk me Hyung?” Yeong asks after few moments of silence.

 

 

 

It's strange. They don't normally begin a discussion in this manner. Their connection has always been so strong that they didn't even need to communicate to understand one other. And whenever they chat about anything, it always starts naturally. So when his husband mentioned that he wanted to talk, Yeong became worried.

“Don’t look at me like Yeongah. I just want to share what I feel. We don’t always get to talk like this.” Gon mutters, his eyes softening as he notices Yeong's concerned face.

“All right,” Yeong answered, although his heart was still tense.

 

They were interrupted by the presence of an air hostess.

“I apologize for interrupting Pyeha. “Do you want me to bring you anything to eat or drink?” She asks, bowing.

“Please bring us some wine.” The former King gave the order, and the hostess returned with a bottle of wine and glasses, as well as some tropical fruits.

Jung-mi tests the drink and fruits before serving them to the royal couple.

 

 

“So...” Yeong began, taking a sip of his wine.

Lee Gon takes a peek at the younger.

“Yeongah, do you know what Hwannie discovered about the Manpasikjeok?” older began, a big smile on his lips.

“What? He didn't tell me anything.” Yeong responded with a chuckle.

“He's been working on what I abandoned years ago. I didn't believe he'd be able to decode the equation and get the answer because he'd never experienced its strength. But I am wrong; our son is a greater genius than I am. He figured out how to employ Manpasikjeok without interfering with the flow of time. I am really proud of him.” Gon said, and Yeong smiled at him.

“Yeah, me too. He is, without a doubt, your son, Hyung.” Yeong responded.

“Who said he wasn't?” Gon asks, a smirk on his face.

“Yeah, that's why he's known as Mama's boy.” With a snicker, Yeong adds.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~

 

They've been in the air for seven hours. They still have six hours to go.

They had a good time sharing their life experiences. However, it serves as a reminder of how they are. It was a joyous and emotional occasion for both royals. They chuckle as they recall how they behaved when they first met Eun Sub. Tae Eul's treatment of him as a criminal... and the occurrences with Lady Noh and Myung Seung ah. Yeong shared his tales about the time with his royal guard team...  After a long chat, the royal pair sat down to dinner.

 

 

 

‘Due to the unexpected change in weather, we are making an emergency landing. We regret that we were unable to provide you with a calm journey.  Pyeha, Mama, we hope you will corporate with us. We will proceed after the safety has been confirmed.’

 

It had been exactly nine hours and nine minutes since the pilot had declared a state of emergency. The royal pair remained silent and cooperative with the workers.

 

“Are you Alright, Hyung?” Looking at the elder, Yeong asks. Lee gon smiles and nods. Yeong locked his gaze on his husband's eyes...

 

But there's something off... the former King's eyes are filled with emotions that Yeong can't interpret... Yeong had the impression that his husband was aware...

 

Something is going to happen today...

 

As though it were their final day together...

 

As if this is how they're going to die...

 

 

“Hyung?” Yeong calls out, his voice low. However, there is no fear.

 

Lee Gon turns to face his husband, both hands on his face. He has a tiny smile on his lips. His eyes are wet, but he will not cry because he is unhappy or scared.

 

“You knew,” Yeong stated once again. Not in the form of a question, but as a statement. The older nods, still smiling.

 

Yeong exhaled a little sigh. And he felt his body relax against the elder man's touch. Is this how their story will end? He raises his head again, this time with a smile.

 

He is not scared.

 

He could do it if he knew his husband was with him.

 

When he knew their children would be OK.

 

When he knows they've lived long enough.

 

And he prays to have another life with his husband.

 

 If he receives one.

 

And he prays for his husband, lover, and best friend to have a better life in the next life, without losing his parents, with more freedom, with more happiness...

 

 

 

The plane jerked. And the former king is still staring at his husband, his hands now tightly gripping the younger.

 

Yeong tilts his head a little and leans in for a deep kiss with elder, catching his lips.

 

It was gentle,

 

Full of sentiments

 

And love and both of them understood what they were praying in their thoughts.

 

 

The lights flickered while the royal couple remained in their bubble. The entire crew is in a state of fear. The seatbelt warning light was . The screams and sobs of the workers echoed off the walls. Everything is in chaos.

 

They can hear the head pilot speaking via the speakers, but only the phrases crash, seas, emergency, life vest, and oxygen mask register in their brains.

 

 

They break their kiss, but still keep their forehead together, breathe fanning each other. Lee gon looks through his lashes,

 

“Thank you, my love. For everything.”

 

 The plane continuously jerked.

 

 

“Thank you for coming into my life.

 

Thank you for making me complete.”

 

 

Their bodies crash together, and both of them hold each other tightly.

 

 

“And thank you for always being with me,

 

Without you,

 

There won’t be a ‘Lee Gon’…”

 

 

Lee gon mumbles, his voice raspy, his throat parched from his emotional state. The plane begins to fall...

 

 

“I love you Jo Yeong”  

 

 

“I love you too Lee Gon”

 

 

They clasp their lips again, for one final kiss...

 

To share their final breath...

 

A single tear streamed down each of their cheeks... Eventually, everything goes dark.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

Captain Seok was on his way to the King to his bed Chamber when he received the cord, which he was not expecting to hear so soon.

“Eternal bridges have fallen.”

 

“Pyeha,” Captain Seok said, and King Min Ho looks him with a question. Captain kneels in front of him, and other guards in the corridor follow him.

“The Eternal Bridges have fallen,” Captain said, and The King froze. His legs buckled as he realized his father and mother had passed away.

 

 

~

 

 

The news of the sudden death of the Former King and Queen cast a gloomy shadow over the Kingdom of Corea. The people are in mourning over their loss.

 

No one predicts their death. But... Lee Gon was aware of his final moments. And he kept it all to himself... and he was getting ready for that time.

The Royal family and the Jo Clan returned to the Corea after the funeral, which was held in Alaska, the closest country to the location of the plane accident. Each of them receives a letter from the late King. . He left messages for King Lee Min Ho, Prince Lee Min Hwan, and their finances, as well as Princess Se-Jin, the Jo twins, Court Lady Myung, Captain Seok, and Sub Captain Park In-Young.

Lee Gon had entrusted control of the Manpasikjeok to his sons. They are certain that they will keep it secure and use it properly. And with the vow to keep the truth concealed from the rest of the world.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But little did they knew...

 

 

 

 

Lee Gon learned about their impending death in an accident while traveling. It was nothing like what had transpired.

The plane crash was scheduled to happen on the journey His husband was taking alone to Canada to visit his sister. And Lee Gon was going to be left alone once more.

That was the occurrence that occurred in the future during their visit. But before his husband could capture anything, they had left the scene. But one notion lingered in Lee Gon's thoughts.

As a result, he decides to go against nature one last time.

He is resolved to follow his husband till the end.

 

 

Because there is nothing worth for live 'without Him'

 

 

 

 

+++++++++++