Remember when we met (again)

Remember When
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

Remember when we first met ? 

 

I wasn’t paying so much attention to you before but your face showed so much admiration, that little sparkle in your eyes that had always fascinated me… So why does it feel like our positions are reversed now.


 

_____



 

“I tell you, the new collection will do well. Even more if I’m the model~” The black haired girl teased in hope to relax the black haired woman driving.


 

“We’ve had issues with the fabric factories, they suddenly withdrew from the contract and we don’t have enough to produce this collection and export it to China… we just launched there so it will really be bad if I don’t find a solution quick.” The driver explained with a very calm voice but her underlying worries could still be felt. 

 

“Hey~ Just relax Hyunjin… I know that it’s hard now that Haseul is away but she’ll come back in a few weeks. You’ll do just well by yourself in the meantime, it’s been 5 years since you two created this business.” The black haired reassured with her sincere tone, genuinely trying to help her friend out. Hyunjin was always doubting herself when it came to her abilities to manage the company.


 

“I’m just… it’s the first time that I’ll be alone and I’m worried that I’ll just destroy the company in Haseul’s absence.” Hyunjin finally sighed, revealing her deepest troublesome thoughts that she’s been trying to fight for days now.


 

“You’ll be okay.. how about we go eat something ? I heard that a bakery not so far from the photoshoot’s location is very popular nowadays. Why don’t we just chill there for a bit before the shooting starts ?” She tried to distract her friend by mentioning something she loved more than anything : bread. The look in Hyunjin’s eyes was telling her that she did a good job even if a tinge of sadness could be seen in those honey orbs. 


 

“You’re the best.” Hyunjin breathed out with a small smile, very grateful that she had such a good friend with her.


 

“I know I am~.”


 

xxxxxx


 

Upon entering the bakery Hyunjin could tell that it was a popular spot, the decoration fit her taste just right, with the nice aesthetic drawings hung on the walls and the large window bay showing the bustling streets of Seoul while giving natural light to the alluring interior. The colours blended well with the pale walls and the dark wood of the furniture laying around the shop, green plants adding a touch of liveliness to the mix. The cozy interior was just as warm as the smell of freshly baked pastries. The smell was different though, one that Hyunjin knew as if it was the smell of home… She was accustomed to visiting various bakeries but this one was particular. From the decorations to the intoxicating smell flying around, it screamed at her but she shrugged the feeling away. 

 

The place wasn’t packed but still a dozen of customers had found their place at the numerous tables, there weren’t many workers though and Hyunjin could see that there was only one behind the counter, her back turned as she was busy with something else and waiting for someone to come and order. 

 

“I’ll order for us, my treat since you are my model today. Just take a seat somewhere.” Hyunjin said while gulping down the excess unnecessary thoughts.


 

“Sure kitty, don’t overspend though.” Her friend joked but still walked away to a secluded table in a corner, she couldn’t afford people recognising her even if she was hidden under a mask and a cap secured on top of her head.


 

Hyunjin made her way to the display of pastries, taking a brief look at what she could possibly order here or anything that would stand out from the usual. She was so focused that she didn’t even notice the worker making her way to the cash counter having noticed the new client about to order, waiting for her to make a choice already. 

 

All of them looked good but her eyes stopped at the croissants, she craved for one today. She also kept in mind to order some cream buns for her friend waiting at the back. Making up her mind, she slowly made her way towards the cashier and looked up only to painfully freeze at the sight. 


 

She could hear some commotion at the back, a loud shriek and the sound of a chair falling down. Some murmurs arising from all around the bakery as she heard her friend’s name being uttered again and again by the customers.


 

“Oh my god !? Is that Jung Jinsoul.” 


 

Yet her eyes were locked with the cashier’s who had a shocked face mixed with surprise and something she didn’t expect to see … sorrow. The two ever so expressive eyes tearing up slightly, the lips quivering and her hands trembling which she hastily hid behind herself.  Hyunjin masked her shock away, something she had learned through her years of working in business, emotions always seemed to fire back at her and so she concealed them behind a passive face that she had built up and strengthened. It was probably working well because of the way the eyes in front of her seemed to ask her why wasn’t she reacting, why she seemed unfazed perhaps and the whole expression on her face was simply nothing Hyunjin would have expected coming from her. 

 

Right, Hyunjin wasn’t ready to see this face on her…  her being Jeon Heejin… her ex. 



 

____


 

(


 

Heejin was only 16 when she first met someone that would forever change her life.

 

It was her second year in High school and she was used to the whole ordeal by now. It was simplistically complex, like the typical movies, there were the popular people and the more discreet ones. She was part of the latter, even if she wasn’t a nobody either as she was known as a very good student who also was very pretty. She had her fair share of admirers and even dated a few of them in the past enough to comfort her in the idea of not being totally unknown in this school. Her goal wasn’t to become the next ‘it’ girl though, she just wanted a nice and memorable high school life, one that she wouldn’t regret for either being too dramatic or being too uneventful. 

 

She wasn’t the talk of the school, her slight popularity didn’t give her such privilege, Kim Hyunjin however was.

 

The ever so famous girl whose name would be uttered daily by her classmates for either talking about her getting in trouble or for gushing over her athletic prowess. As the ace of the girl’s basketball team and the class clown, no one could ever leave her name out of school’s gossip. Not only that but she was also recognised for her beauty and more than everything her family… as the daughter of Kim corp’s CEO, it was easy to assume that she was very loaded. 


 

Heejin could care less though, she wasn’t interested in school gossip such as whoever was dating Sooyoung nowadays or if Yeojin got herself temporarily expelled for having locked a teacher inside her own classroom. She didn’t need to know who Kim Hyunjin was, in fact she never saw her before or at least she can’t put a face to that name. The girl she had heard so much about yet never got the chance to get to know her and she intended to keep it that way. She doesn’t want to meddle with all that drama that comes with being too popular, especially with someone whom she hasn’t heard any good except for her beauty and her talents in sports. 


 

“Heejin-ah ~” her name resounded in the empty hallways of the early morning, her best friend Jiwoo running toward her to give her a good morning hug. 


 

“Hello Jiwoo unnie.” Heejin replied while returning the embrace. Her older friend was always such a er for skinship and she wasn’t the one to refuse it to her. 


 

“Why are you so early ?” Jiwoo asked with a frown.


 

“I actually couldn’t sleep so I just came early knowing you’ll be here.” Heejin shrugged while eyeing her friend with a smirk plastered on her face. She wasn’t lying, lately she had more worries than usual as one of her tutoring jobs just stopped and that she had to somehow find another job again. Not having enough sleep and not even the will to rest anymore she thought why not meeting with her daily serotonin boost and knowing her best friend, she knew she could always see her on Mondays at ungodly hours for one simple reason. 


 

“The basketball’s training just restarted… I wanted to watch Sooyoung on the court this year too.” Jiwoo explained while blushing. She always came to the girl’s basketball training ever since she laid her eyes on Ha Sooyoung, the infamous play girl of Idalso High. Seems like this year won’t be an exception to the rule and Heejin knew all too well just how that stupid crush could make Jiwoo move mountains and oceans just to catch a glimpse of the ever so extraordinary Ha Sooyoung.


 

“Why don’t you come with me ? It’s the first time you will witness their training and believe me, you’ll come out of the gymnasium sweating as if you were the one running around.. they are just that hot.” Jiwoo suggested with a blinding smile, already taking Heejin’s hand in hers while dragging her towards the said gymnasium.


 

“I don’t even like basketball.” Heejin grumbled but still let herself be pulled away. It’s not that she didn’t like the sport but simply just didn’t find any interest in it. 


 

“Then just draw while I enjoy the view, I know you have your drawing materials in that heavy bag of yours.” Jiwoo said while pointing at the hefty looking bag on her friend's small frame. 


 

xxxx



 

The training had just begun and the team was already on the court stretching and doing warm up. The pair had settled on one of the bleachers not too far but not too close either, just enough to get a good view of the ongoing training. The gymnasium was big, huge now since it was mostly empty. The coach is standing tall while watching over the team, discreetly waving at Jiwoo when she notices her on the bleachers as if used to see her here. Heejin scoffed at the gesture, just how much is Jiwoo willing to do for the sake of that crush. 

 

Her vision panned towards the court again, Heejin could recognise a few familiar faces. Of course there was the ever so famous Ha Sooyoung dribbling the ball near the basket, there also was Son Hyejoo the very promising new addition to the team but known for her strong temperament and Choi Yerim another new girl who showed a lot of skills already and just as opposite as Hyejoo a whole sweetheart. Other than that she didn’t know much about the team, most of them weren’t as famous as this trio. 

 

“Where the heck is she ? I swear if she wasn’t that good I would’ve kicked her out of the team already.” Yelled the coach visibly upset as she looked around for the third time already. The girls shrugged and continued with their warm up routine, pretty unbothered as if used to it.


 

“Who is she talking about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter