CHAPTER 1: BAE JOOHYUN (A.K.A IRENE)

Secret Heart

IRENE POV

 

It was just like every other day in my life; Working tirelessly. I went home from my 12H shift at the XX bar. As soon as, I saw my bed I immediately jump down and closed my eyes, however, right after that my alarm started beeping and I woke up and sighed. I look at the alarm that says "8 am" well I guess its time to go to my next shift. I took off my clothes and put my other working clothes on. After I'm all done getting ready, I closed the door of my apartment. I lean at the door and closed my eyes for a few minutes. While I was closing my eyes I can feel a shadow passing through and that scared me for a bit. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at my right side and saw the door from the other unit closes down. I shiver dowm my spine this is because I feel unease with that unit and the person living in that unit. Ever since I moved in from this apartment I never seen the owner of that unit; I only heard the clicks of the door every now and then. And due to my head wondering off again I lost track of the time and realize that I will be late at my work! I hurriedly grabbed a taxi and told him the place I wanna be. As I arrived I open the back door of a small cafe called "The Grind" it's located in this modern-traditional type of a narrow ally in the middle of seoul. It's typical a good hiding spot for top A celebrities who wants privacy from the media. I put my stuff on my locker and tied my hair. Before I start work, I looked at the pictures on my locker and give it a kiss... I smile. I miss home I suddenly thought. I closed my locker and filled up everything that needs to be filled up in the cafe. This includes: cups, lids, bread, jams, fork and knife, etc. I looked at the time and it was only 8:30 only 30 more minutes to go till the opening of the cafe. But before that I made myself a good cup of expresso to fight my drowsiness. "Hi Irene" sombody suddenly said behind my back that scared the heck out of me. I look behind and saw Seulgi,my workmate/bestfriend. I have know her since middle school. I would probably say that she knows a lot about me and I know a lot about her. We've been through ups and downs together and that's my forever flex. "Oh My Gawd, You scared me there." I said instantly. "Are you making coffee?" She looked at me with serious eyes and I just nod and looked back at the expresso that I was making. "You want some?" I asked. "No thanks" she replied back. I sat at one of the tables in the cafe near the window and drink my hot expresso. Soon rain drops started pouring down, I then heard classical music playing at the background. It seems to it that Seulgi is at it again, everytime rain started pouring down classical music is always played whenever she is around. She then put her warm water on the table and sat across in front of me. "Yah did you heard?" I tilt my head as a sign that I don't have any idea what she was talking about. "BTS will be having a concert by the end of the year." she told me excitedly. I tilt my head again, "Who?" I asked again. She looked at me in disbelief. "Bangtan Sonyeondan! The greatest kpop group right now! BTS, BANGTAN SONYEONDAN" she told me again emphasizing the later part I just nod as if I cared. I heard of them before but I did not really pay too much attention. As if she does not believe me, Seulgi grabbed her phone from her pocket and showed me seven boys wearing luxurious suits. "Oh them." I begun to notice their familliar faces, I remember seeing thier faces all over the city this past months about comeback or something. "Oh them?! Can you be more like I don't know be excited"  Seulgi rolling her eyes at me. "Do you want me to throw a party for you? Those type of people does not interest me, you know that. My life is all about work." Seulgi emit a long deep breath, she put her phone down the table and looked at me "How many times do I have to tell you to stop working double job or just ask for short hours." "You know I cannot do that. I need money for my rent and for my parents monthly prescriptions. Yeri is soon goint to collage at the very least I need to prepare enough money for that." I explained to her for a million times now. I know that she's starting to worry about me and I just gave her a warm smile indicating that everything would be fine.  I looked at the clock and it's almost time for the opening of the cafe I stand up from the chair and put my mug on the sink. I put my apron  on and Seulgi went to the door to open them for the costumers to come in. Costumers doesn't come in till around lunch time so I did some extra cleaning and Seulgi is at the back of the cafe unloading orders and checking them. I heard the door opened and I left the cleaning tools on the side and washed my hands. I went to the counter and saw a tall man wearing an all black outfit aside from his shoes: Black hat, black mask, black jeans, and shirt. I looked at him but he avoided my gaze, I just smiled awkwardly and asked for his order. The mysterious guy ordered an Americano and I asked for his name to put on his order with his deep voice he answered "Kim Taehyung" I just nod and told him that I will just call him if his order is ready. I faced my back to him and started making his coffee. When I was done with his order, I started calling his name but I cannot seem to find him anywhere. I put his order at the "pick up" corner incase he comeback wherever he was. My phone started to buzz and I retreive it from my back pocket and I saw a text message from my mom, "Call me if your not busy" So I'm on my way to the back of the store to call my mom, when I saw the mysterious guy standing in front of the washroom with his phone on his ear. I did not mean to easdrop but it looked like I did as I  find myself hiding at the corner. "I'm at the Grind Cafe." the mysterious man answering the peerson on the other side of the phone. "I'll be back in a few minutes... I know, I know... Don't worry no one followed me here... I'm always careful... Yeah... Bye" I guess he ended the call. I was about to turn around when I was blocked by the mysterious guy. Busted I thought to myself. I gaped and try to explain to him that I just got here, this is more like convincing him that I did not hear any conversation of his. "Uhm...I... You see" I don't know why I stattered but I did, I tried again and this time I met with his eyes. His eyes were quite magnificent,warm, and so pure, I don't know why I think that way when I cannot even see his face; I guess it's true what they say " The eyes are the window of the soul" I mummbled unexpectedly. I cannot believe myself saying it in front of him. "What" he said sternly at me. "Nothing" I immediatley said "I was calling your name for your order but you were nowhere to be found..." before I finished what I was about to say he cut me off. "Delete it." he said, for a momet I was confused as to what he was talking about "Sorry" I said back. "I said to delete it." this time I know what he was talking about as I saw him eyeing on my phone that I was holding on my hand. "OH" I said I looked at my phone and then at him "I did not snap any pictures or video of you." I said to him. "Do you really expect me to believe that." he proclaimed. At that moment, I was speechless who did he think he was. "Give me your phone" he demanded but of course I refused "Sorry but I cannot do that." He went closer and closer to me and our faces is an inch away from each other. He removed his mask and I saw his face. I blinked multiple times; He was handsome, he have a symetrical face, his nose is perfect, his lips are subtle, and his eyebrows and lashes are what you can say most girls envied. It's like he was from another dimension where handsome men and beautiful women coexist.