people say i only see what i want to, so why do i see you?

people say i only see what i want to, so why do i see you?

nayeon can't help rolling her eyes at jeongyeon who's been taking a selfie for 20 mins now with the knitted scarf mina gave to her best friend. the knitted scarf that mina made solely for her close friends. and she rolled her eyes again at that thought.

nayeon hates mina's guts. she's too quiet, too proper and all the good things in the world and nayeon believes that this girl is just not real. and one thing nayeon hates are people who hides their true colors and she is sure that mina can't be that immaculate. that's just not possible for nayeon. also, nayeon thinks mina feels the same way towards her.

what she doesn't understand is how her two best friends are also close friends with mina, her sworn enemy. there's like a friendship code to never be friends with your friend's enemy. nayeon's friends are just built differently she thinks. 

jihyo, her best friend since middle school is actually roommates with mina, and those two bonded over soccer, surfing, video games, and whatever "cool" stuff that they do together. 

jihyo is a nice person and of course, nayeon expected that her friend will be civil towards the quiet Japanese girl cuz they're roommates. what nayeon didn't expect is for them to become really good friends. she wanted to disown jihyo when her friend told her that she and mina are platonic soulmates. disgusting! nayeon thought. jihyo always goes about telling her stubborn friend to get to know her roommate better and that she's not what nayeon thinks she is. 

there's also her other best friend, jeongyeon, hu is probably mina's no.1 fan. jeongyeon's gotten to know mina through jihyo when she invited them to hang out with her and mina in their dorm way back in freshmen year. nayeon of course declined the invitation and jeongyeon accepted it to piss nayeon off more. 

of course, jeongyeon got seduced by building freaking legos with mina and their shared love for fashion. jeongyeon was over the moon and in true jeongyeon fashion, she texted nayeon after hanging out with jihyo and mina  that they have planned to replace nayeon in their little group.

with that, nayeon ignored her for a month, and jeongyeon was there to offer free lunch every day as an apology for her... for a WHOLE month. she accepted the free lunch of course.. she only put jeongyeon's misery out after jihyo told her that their model like short-haired friend cried to her one night telling her she's so sorry for teasing nayeon, that she has gotten overboard with it and she wants her friend back. nayeon is not that cold-hearted as she's known for on campus.

so the damn scarf. the dark green scarf that jeongyeon so proudly wants to show off to everyone. the same-looking ones that jihyo's been wearing for a few days now. those handmade scarfs that's been keeping the school meal club trio warm while they cause havoc around campus. the same knitted patterned scarfs that the head cheerleaders sana and momo wore happily while waiting for the bus after school.

these scarves mina took time to make for each of her friends. people who she adores. people she cares for. it's sweet, nayeon has to admit. but mina can't be too pure and too wholesome as she acts to be. right? if she gave mina a chance to know her well..will they become friends? would she also be so important to mina for her to receive a scarf from her?

the next day nayeon went to her first class which she shares with mina.. she actually shares all of her classes with her. mina sits at the back of the class while nayeon is always in the front row. mina is pretty smart and probably much smarter than nayeon is. that's why nayeon has to study extra hard to keep her no.1 spot in class while mina is always in the 2nd place... without even seeming to exert too much effort for her studies. well as long as nayeon is at the top of the class that won't bother her. 

 

and it should have been a normal day for nayeon.. but mina has to change that. 

out of nowhere, mina asked her to wait for her after their last class. nayeon was confused but complied nonetheless. she doesn't want to be around mina but she doesn't have much to do really after class. so why not indulge her self-imposed enemy's request.


she would never expect what happened next. she never really saw it coming. 

not in a million years did she expect mina to give her a pair of baby blue gloves. freaking gloves! and it's also her favorite color! from mina! that nayeon knows mina made for her! but for what?! 

"i noticed your gloves are too small for your hands," mina shyly said after giving the gloves to nayeon. "and i thought it's difficult to find gloves that would fit your hands so i made you one." mina continued and then she gave nayeon a soft smile which nayeon thought made her extra pretty. 

mina is pretty. that's quite obvious to anyone with a working pair of eyes. and nayeon always finds her extra beautiful every time she sees her adorable gummy smile.

nayeon still in disbelief and a bit flustered wasn't able to thank mina cuz the girl immediately left after that to god knows where her gorgeous self goes during free period. 

nayeon feels weird. like she always does every time mina's around. but this one is weirdly different. she shouldn't be smiling goofily looking at an embroidered "NYN" with a silly little red heart beside it. 

 

Authors Note:

hope u liked the story! if u guys did.. comments would be much appreciated! also do u guys want me to continue this fic like maybe make it multi chap or we can just end it like that? haha