Until next time

Beautiful Rejection

"Argh."

The girl just dropped her head on the cafeteria's table as soon as she sat down beside her best friend, Ning Yizhuo whom she called Ningning. Along with them are their other classmates.

"She said no again?" 

The girl just pouted and nodded her head.

"Won't you just give up, Minjeong?" Her best friend asked.

"I can't. I really like her." Minjeong sighed.

Then her crush, Yoo Jimin just entered the cafeteria alongside her classmates, looking pretty and chatting happily with her friends. Minjeong just rest her chin on the table as she keep staring.

She saw Jimin's friend whispered something which makes Minjeong to frown due to her silly jealousy but then Jimin looks at her causing Minjeong to immediately put her straight face.

Jimin shakes her head before she talks to her friend again and walking past her. Minjeong sighs for the second time and closed her eyes.

"When are you going to move on?" Her best friend asked after witnessing the whole thing.

"Look, it has been what? A year? And you've been confessing for how many times again? 5? 6 wasn't it? It's clear that she's not interested." Ningning told her.

"Stop putting more wound to my already broken heart." Minjeong whined.

"Oh come on. I'm trying to help you here kid."

"I'm not a kid! And no, I can't stop."

"Until when? The final exam will be soon and its her last year this year. Next year she'll be going to the high school already."

"I'll try asking again when she graduate." Minjeong said.

"Fine. Whatever." Ningning sighed.

Yoo Jimin is a year older than Minjeong and she's her senior so obviously, Jimin will graduate first before her. When Minjeong first transferred to Sone Middleschool, her eyes landed on a very beautiful girl on her very first day and she told herself that she'll make her mine.

So during the whole year, Minjeong have been trying to flirt and to win Jimin's heart but to no avail, Jimin never falls for her. As Minjeong keep confessing, Jimin keep rejecting.

Kim Minjeong will follow her wherever she goes in school and keep bothering her with lots of compliment, throwing pick up lines here and there. She makes sure that everyone knows she got her eyes on Jimin and the whole school knows. 

Jimin is known for being heartless, as expected, she didn't react much towards Minjeong's attempt in trying to court her and she only rejected her politely whenever Minjeong tries to confess to her over and over again.

Jimin really messing up with Minjeong's head and mind. She can't stop thinking about her even if the girl keep rejecting her love, Minjeong can't find herself to dislike her either. 

Of course, Minjeong isn't going to just waste her last chance to try and confess again. She took many candid pictures of Jimin during her graduation and she smiled in satisfaction seeing many beautiful collections of Jimin's pictures in her phone.

She takes a deep breathe while holding the bouquet of red roses in her hand as she looks at Jimin who's busy taking pictures with her friends and family.

Minjeong waits until she's not occupied anymore before approaching. She takes slow steps before she finally gets near her.

"Hi, Jimin unnie."

Yoo Jimin turns and looks at her. Jimin's friends excused themselves to give the two some time alone.

"Oh. Hey Minjeong." Jimin just greeted her casually. 

'God. How can I not like this girl when she's being all kind like this to me even though she's known to be heartless towards everyone else' Minjeong thought.

"Um. This is for you. Congratulations on your graduation." Minjeong said and gives the flowers to her.

Jimin accepts it and her eyes brightens looking at the red roses.

"Thank you, Minjeong ah. I like it. Thank you." Jimin thanked her.

"You're welcome. I'm glad that you like it. But uh, I want to say something else." Minjeong bit her lips, suddenly feeling nervous like always.

Before Minjeong can say anything, she heard Jimin chuckling. Oh how sweet it sounds to Minjeong's ears. It is her first time to hear Jimin's laugh and totally her first time seeing Jimin react this way to her. 

"You're not going to give up, aren't you?" Jimin asked.

"Huh?"

"I never entertain you when you're courting me and I obviously keep rejecting you but yet, you're still here."

"I-"

Minjeong sighed before she pouted.

"I just really like you, Jimin unnie. My feeling is true. I sincerely like you from the bottom of my heart." Minjeong confessed her love again.

Jimin just look at her for a whole minute before she slowly smiled.

"Minjeong ah."

Minjeong raised her head, still pouting as she look at Jimin.

"I'm grateful to be honest, to have someone as sincere as you liking me. But I don't think it'll work for both of us right now. I mean, don't get me wrong. You're a smart student and beautiful too, you can get anyone and you have many admirers too."

"Yeah but they're not you." Minjeong said in a low voice.

"I know."

"Then why can't I have at least one chance?" Minjeong asked.

"I would give you a chance if only I feel the same thing."

"I can try and make you like me too."

"You did try and I still- Sigh. Do you really like me that much?"

"Yes."

"Okay. Then how about this, you'll focus on your studies first and graduate."

"Huh?"

"If we happen to meet each other again, I promise I'll give you a chance. That if... You still like me and I'm still single."

"So, it's still a no?" Minjeong asked with a sad face.

"Unfortunately, yeah. I have to reject you again. I'm truly sorry but I'll keep my promise. If you still like me by the time we meet again someday, I'll give you a chance."

"I have to wait again then." Minjeong looked away, trying to hold her tears. She felt sad because one, she got rejected again and two, Jimin would not be in the same school as hers.

"I thought you said you're willing to wait for me. Are you finally going to give up now?" Jimin asked and raised her eyebrows when Minjeong glared at her while pouting.

"I'm not going to forget how you keep breaking my heart, Jimin unnie. But no, I'm not going to give up. Like you have promised, if we meet each other again someday and after I graduate, you must keep your promise to give me a chance."

"Yes. Of course. So for now, farewell and be well. I'll see you if we're meant to meet each other again." Jimin smiled at her and offered a handshake.

"I guess I'll take whatever I can for now. Farewell, Jimin unnie." Minjeong accepted the handshake.

"Study hard okay and behave." Jimin told her then patted her head before she said goodbye to join her friends again.

Minjeong smiled though her heart breaks a little more due to Jimin's neverending rejection.

"I guess, this is it. I'll just see it as a beautiful rejection from my crush." Minjeong told herself. She glanced at Jimin one more time before she turned away.

"Until next time, Yoo Jimin."