Lost Things

Lost Things

Shi bal!” exclaims the tall frustrated man. "I know I put my wallet here, but where is it?” Kwangsoo is annoyed because he can't find his wallet, and it's almost time for him to leave. He searched the bed, beneath the cushions, and in the drawers for it. He'll do anything if he can only turn his room inside out. He looked through his bookcases as well, but there was no evidence of his wallet.

 

He leans against the shelves and is startled when one of the books falls to the floor, and he reaches it, only to discover that a photo has fallen from one of the pages. It was a photograph of him with his Hyung. He suddenly felt the same warm sensation as the sun setting behind the horizon. When he's with his Jongkook, he always gets this emotion, and it seemed like home to Kwangsoo in some ways. He smiled before he decided to call his Hyung. 


Jongkook's phone rang unexpectedly on a quiet Sunday afternoon. He is clueless because he is not anticipating any calls. He was startled when he saw the caller and didn't know what to do. Did he felt happy? Excited? Anxious? Angry? He's not sure, but he knows what his heart desires, so he hesitantly picked up the phone.

 

Hello?”Hello, Hyungg! Long time no talk. Haven’t heard from you for a long time. How are you my tiger?” This voice he misses so much. "Kwangsoo yahh, I’m fine, I’m quite busy but I’m good. Uhm Why did you call? Is there something I can do for you?” He asked. “Oh! No, no, I just found an old photo from our shoot in Running Man. I miss you, Hyunggg! Let’s bond soon okay? Just like the good old days” Kwangsoo chuckled. All the memories flowed down like a river to Jongkook. Their shooting in Running Man, their fan meets, their late-night cravings, their spontaneous road trips, their gym sessions, their LA trips, their holding hands when no one’s around, their stargazing, their movie nights, their secret dates, their hugs, their kisses, their love.

 

A tear left Jongkook’s eye that made him wake up to reality. The reality in which it can’t and will never be the same for both of them. He smiled bitterly at this thought. “Hyung? Hello? Are you still there?” before he can answer he heard a voice that breaks his heart “Daddy? What took you so long? Mommy and I are waiting for you... Let’s go Daddyyy”Hahaha yes baby I’m sorry, I just called an old friend... Hyung I’m sorry I have to go. Bye, and Take Care.” And the call was ended just like them. 

 

Jongkook was left dumbfounded after the call so he decided to write a letter for his favorite dongsaeng for his unsaid thoughts. “Kwangsoo, It's strange how certain things don't change. You're still the same clumsy boy I used to love, but you're no longer mine. I want to ask you what happened to us? Why did you lose me, Kwangsoo? When did you stop searching for us? Why did you give up? Am I not worth the risk? Nevertheless, I’m happy, I’m happy that you still remember me even if it’s unintentional. Even if you just found me while looking for another forgotten thing. Is this my purpose to you Kwangsoo? Am I just one of your lost things waiting to be found?"