Sky of Love

Sky of Love

August 22, 2021

"On my way home from work,

something pretty appeared!"

Minsi had a long day at the shooting, but being a cheerful person she is, she always find ways to look at life on the brighter side. For the past few months she was busy filming for her upcoming dramas, movie, cfs and music video. She also works on several photo shoots for magazines and brands she is endorsing. She is working nonstop and for now the only time she can escape from the reality of her busy life is by posting pictures and interacting with her fans through Instagram. In that way, she also feels like connecting with the fans who are not tired waiting for her updates. Today she opted to post the view of the sky she took against the car's dashboard. It was already passed the magic hour but the shade of blue is still the prominent color that painted the sky. She is glad that regardless how hard it rained that day the sky still manage to show it's magnificent view.

"You are really spoiling your fans huh, updating them your daily activities." One of her stylist said.

"Unnie, I'm just thankful to them, for the endless support and the love they are bestowing me. Also their comments are inspiring me to do my best everyday!" She said before she continues scrolling down on her phone to read more comments and messages. 

"Have you seen, this edit? I can't believe that some of your fans, still can't get over with "Youth of May, you and Lee Do Hyun-ssi sure have the most loyal shippers!" Her stylist said while showing her some of her and Do Hyun's fan made videos. She smile bitterly, she felt something pricking on her chest, suddenly her eyes starts to water too just looking at those pictures and videos.

"The traffic, bound to Seoul is heavy, why don't you take a nap first. You look all tired specially our Minsi girl." The driver-Oppa said.

"Don't worry, I'm ok Oppa!" She said flashing her eye smile.

"Yah, even if you smile like that you can't hide the exhaustion, look at your eyes they look like you are about to cry." Her manager said.

A retort was on the tip of her tongue when her manager speaks again.

"Just rest Minsi and refrain from using too much social media. I know you want to make your fans happy but for sure they will understand if you'll make them miss you a bit, just like your friend Do Hyun-ssi.

She choose to stay quiet after hearing that. She just did what was the driver-oppa and her manager suggested but as soon as she close eyes her mind drifted to the memory of the days she spent during the filming of Youth of May.

"So what will be your plans after filming?" She asked him, realizing that they will be shooting the remaining scenes for the last two episodes. She can't believe that five months had passed and the drama is about to conclude.

"I'll be resting, maybe at least for a month and I'm glad my management allowed me." Do Hyun smile at her lightly touching her hair.

"So, it's confirmed that your next project will be with Im Soo Young sunbae?" She asked curiously.

"Yes, Melancholia!" His simple reply.

Filming "Youth of May" was fun. She was elated  when she found out that Do Hyun will be one of her co-stars. Well, everybody knows that the two of them had previously work together in the Netflix series "Sweet Home" they played the characters of "scene stealers Lee Siblings". They develop their friendship while filming the drama, although it's not that pronounce compared with her friendship with other co-stars like Song Kang and Park Gyu Young she is somewhat contented how Do Hyun cared for her during the shooting. He don't usually mingled with them all the times but he is really professional and is caring to everyone in the set. Unlike her, he isn't the type who loves giving gifts to his colleagues and she was really touched that he would often bring her favorite coffee and pastries in the set. The staffs even said that he really is into character that he only cares for his sister, yes she is the only lucky one in the set who received affection from his reel brother.

"Do you think Do Hyun-ssi and Minsi-ssi are dating? They are really close and the way they stare at each other, it seems that they are in love!" One of the production staff said.

"I don't know, but I think they'll make a cute couple if that's the case. They look good together, I mean the height difference really got me!" The other one replied.

She accidentally heard those comments while she was changing to her regular clothes after shooting her last scene for the day. She thought those comments were funny, how can they think that she and Do Hyun are dating when they are just friends and colleagues. She forgot those actually not until "Sweet Home" started airing and she saw lot of comments from the viewers about their chemistry. Do Hyun had to defend during one of his interviews that they did not exhibit any hint of romance in the show, but it didn't help, the netizens ship them more and started calling them poison siblings.

***

She visited Do Hyun on the hotel were he was shooting his last scene for "Youth of May". She brought her gifts to him and the production staffs. They took several pictures as a remembrance of that day. There's one particular photo that she posted on her Instagram showing how they messed up the cake prepared by the staffs, icing on their faces and hairs but they show genuine and happy smiles.

She was on the rooftop gazing in the sky which is extra pretty that day, the touch of blue, purple and pink spread out together making it looks like a sea of cotton candy. Her musing was interrupted, when she heard footsteps followed by that familiar low and deep voice.

"What are you doing here, the staffs been looking at you?" He said.

"Nothing, it's just that the sky looks pretty today. I can't believe that it's actually the last day we will work together. I will miss the whole production team and our co-actors and you Hwang Hee Tae." She laughed but he noticed the tears that are welling on her eyes.

"You work really hard Myunghee-ssi. I'm so proud of you!"

"You too, it's just sad that the team can't celebrate together!" She said bitterly. The Covid virus is still rampant and as part of safety protocol public gathering is still not allowed.

"We can have dinner together, I'll ask permission to your manager if you want!" He suggested.

"Really, your treat?" She asked.

"Of course, when did I let you pay for your meals when we are together!" He said defensively and she agreed, he always pay for her meals everytime they go out even if she is the one who invited him.

"Then let's go!" She said happily intertwining their hands.

"Wait!" He pull her back and she's now facing him. "There's still icing on your hair." She was slightly taken aback realizing their proximity if he wasn't that tall, she's sure her face would have been smooching his. She raised her head to see his face. He looked down and smile at her.

"I will miss you!" She said while tears slowly rolled down on her cheeks. He didn't answered, but he didn't tear his gaze away on her. She noticed that his eyes are fixed on her lips, he gulped before slowly descended his head on her face and the next thing she knew is that his lips is already touching hers. The time freezes for sure, he gave her tentative kisses before he fully claim her lips into an earth shattering kiss. She already knows the feels of his lips, they kissed several times for the shoot and she won't deny that they gave her that butterfly in the stomach feels.  The kisses they shared before were innocent and sweet compared to what they are having that moment. It's passionate, she thought it maybe the adult kiss he is referring too. His tongue coaxing hers and how he nip her lips. She can feel the longing as if  he is pouring out all of his pent-up emotions. She trembles, if he wasn't holding her she's sure that her knees will give up. Their lips and tongues continue to fight for dominance, for how long both of them are unsure. They break the kiss to grasp air, he rested his forehead against her, their eyes are still close and they are panting heavily. After her breathing goes back to normal she slowly open her eyes only to be greeted by his gaze that is now reflecting shocked and uncertainty, to be honest she can't fathom the expressions on his face. When she was about to open to say something he loosen her grip unto her and muttered. 

"I'm sorry!" 

The sun had fully set and the surrounding is already dark. He left approximately 10 minutes ago and she's still rooted in the same place. She clenched her fist as she fight the tears that are threatening to fall. The dinner didn't happen and that's the last time she saw him.

"Just got carried away!" She blurted, she wants to forget that day. She's just a mere colleague to him no more no less and she whatever she feels for him should be buried to the deepest part of her heart

"Minsi-si you were saying something?" Her manager asked.

"Nothing, I just remember that I heard that particular line somewhere!" She's obviously lying. After that night she still managed to act like that the thing didn't happened between them, many times she was tempted not to share and even delete the pictures she posted on Instagram with him on it, but she realized it might intrigue the netizens and will open more opportunities for gossips and rumors to spread, so she just let her dismay passed. She scoffed when she saw that he posted some of their pictures together, which she knows is just a part of his fan service.

They arrived in Seoul around 9:00pm.

"Minsi, just let me know if you need anything, I can't stay in your place tonight." Her manager said.

"No problem unnie, I'm pretty sure you are tired too. Rest well and see you on Tuesday guys." She said to the staff before she got out of the vehicle.

***

She was walking her way to her apartment when she noticed someone standing in front of her door. She was hesitant because of fear that the person might be a stalker or something but she still gave the person the benefit of the doubt. 

"Hmmm, excuse me, are you lost or might be looking for someone?" She nervously asked but she was stunned to see the person, she didn't expect to see.

They are now sitting face to face in her living room. She's not sure if she's ready to see him but  she's also not rude to send him away without hearing his explanation.

"About, that night." He started. "I'm really sorry!" 

"Yeah, you already told me that you are sorry! Anything else?" Her impatient reply.

"I know I'd caused confusion, I should not do that. I mean I should had not leave you. Ever since that day I can't stop thinking, what if I didn't walk away that day. I'm so stupid for not admitting how I feel for you. I'm afraid that if I choose to be with you, I'll only end up hurting you because that day I wasn't really sure of what I really want. You're too good for me, you are one of the few friends I have in the industry and I'm scared of the possibilities that you might reject me or leave if the relationship will not work out." He explained, apparently he is having a hard time expressing himself, unlike the characters he usually portrays, what she sees now is the version of Do Hyun who is unsure and lack of confidence.

"You know what, the problem is that you tends to overthink all the time, you always think about future that you forget to live the moment." She sigh out of frustration. He is always like that, he cares more about the future, not just his but for the people he loves, the future of his family and his brother. He is willing to do everything just to be sure that they will live comfortably. 

"I guess you are right and just by hearing that from you makes me think that I really don't deserve you." He said, his voice is cracking as he tried to hold back his tears. 

"So you'll just give up, without letting me know how you truly feel about me. Am'I not worthy enough to feel what you are supposed to make me feel?" She said and this time she allow her tears escape her eyes.

"Minsi-Ah, it's not what I mean!" He said, as he stood up from his seat.

"And how should I interpret that, that night I saw fear in your eyes like you are full of regrets for what? For kissing me or for being friends with me? You never know how bad you made me feel like I don't deserve to be loved, that I'm not pretty enough to be liked by anyone." She cried, for the first time she was able to voice out the emotions she's been keeping all by herself.

He comes closer to hug her and despite that she want to push him away, she felt like all her strengths were swept away, with the way he hold her.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, if I made you feel like that. I'm such a terrible person. But I want you to realize how lovable person you are and you are the prettiest girl, I'd ever met. I love your eye smile, I purposely say that I hate it but the truth is I'm on the verge of losing my sanity everytime I sees it. Your mere presence is enough to drive me crazy and calm me at the same time. You are too kind and selfless. I want to hold you like this all the time. I want to make you smile and most importantly I want to make you mine." His heartfelt confession made her cry harder, she is happy to hear those words, how can he immediately erase all of her doubts and fears.

"Do you really think that I would believe that, you keep me hanging for 84 days?" She sob and Do Hyun can't help but chuckles at her retort. 

"I'm very much willing to make it up to you!" He told her wiping her tears."Will you give me a chance?"

"I..." 

"You don't have to answer now, I'm willing to wait, it doesn't matter if it will take 84 days or weeks or months. But please not 84 years, I know I will love for more than that duration, but by that time we are already 110 years old." He said and that made her laughed, he can easily make that, no matter how lame his jokes are, she'll end up laughing with him.

"You are so unfair you know, I waited for 84 days for you to confess while I can't resist you even just for a minute." She hiccup. 

"You're too cute!" He said prior giving her a light peck on lips.

"Yah!" She exclaimed 

"What?" He asked.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and pull him into a kiss. Do Hyun smile in between the kisses. "I could kiss you for hours and I won't even get tired of it." He said.

Still sitting on the couch, she rested her head on his chest while he gently rubs her back.

"When did you realize that you like me? She asked. 

"Hmmm....since our first meeting during the script reading for Sweet Home. I remember how pretty you look that day, your eyes smile how can you just smile like that?"

"Like this?" She asked showing him her signature eye smile.

"Yah! Are you trying to give me heart attack?"He asked.

"Maybe, how about you, you're not going to ask when did I start liking you? She asked.

"So when was that my beautiful Minsi?

"Eversince the moment I laid my eyes on you!" She blushed as she say that.

"I love you!" He said before capturing her lips once more in a sweet kiss.

They are laying on the couch, facing each other he occasionally shower her kisses while telling her how beautiful and wonderful she is, suddenly her phone buzzes.

"Is someone calling you?" He asked

"No, just IG notifications! By the way, when do you plan to update your fans? I like the recent photos you posted, the one with the purple-pinkish sky while you were filming in Jeju. Don't get me wrong I'm not lurking at your IG, but one of your fans DM me those photos. She explained.

"DM as in Defensive much! I'm glad you like those pictures, those are my favorite too, the sky that day was pretty, it reminded me of you." He said before kissing her again.

"And how is that?" She whispered, while she try to catch some air after the kiss.

"You should know that the image of my silhouette only appear beautiful because of the sky backdrop. Just like your presence in my life. Before, my life is dull and lifeless not until I met you. You brings the colors to my life, you're a ball of sunshine, rays of rainbow, you're sweet as candies and everything about you is beautiful." He kisses her again.

"If you treat me like I'm your Sky, you should be aware that I can't be pretty all the time. Sometimes I'm gloomy and I'll cry all of a sudden. My moods can change from time to time and if I'm mad I can roar like a thunder. I'm not perfect and you should know that!" She said.

"Well, I'm not saying you're perfect, neither I'am, but who cares. I love you enough to stand your mood swings and for sure I can find ways to tame your rage." He said confidently and kisses her again.

"I lost count how many times you kiss me for the past few hours, I think my lips are too sore now. It's just our first day together and the amount of kisses we share don't you think it's too much for a day? It's not that I'm complaining though!" He laughed at her remarks.

"Well, your lips is not something I will ever get tired kissing, they are good for my health. My daily supplement of VitaMinsi! And besides I'd rather make your lips swollen with my kisses than see your eyes swollen and red because I made you cry." He smile as he say those words.

"Sweet talk from a walking onion like you!" She pouted, she remembers that his fans called him walking onion because he always make them cry just watching his drama.

"Don't pout like that, it only tempting me to kiss you more. You should know, aside from sweet talk and kiss I also want to make sweet love to you." He said nonchalantly which earn a slap for her.

"Ouch!"

"Don't tease me like that "Lee Do Hyun!" She said obviously stunned at his retort.

"Don't be mad my love! I know I have to gain your trust first and  I'm willing to wait until we are both ready. You should know that the only thing I'm certain about is that I want to share the rest of my life with you. I would like to watch very sunrises and sunsets with you. I want to be there for you when you feel like crying. I will wish and pray with you and that's how I love you Go Min Si! He wipe the tears in her eyes and kisses her forehead as they feel their hearts continue beating wildly against their chests. 

"I love you too!" She hugged him tighter, they stayed in that position until both of them drifted to sleep.

 "On my way home from work

something pretty appeared."

and it's no other than the love of her life "Lee Do Hyun"