fin

Untitled

Hyunji-their 5 year old daughter-is sick and Hyunjung is not answering Jiyeon's calls. The older had never done this before, always answering her wife's calls the moment it rings. Jiyeon sighs as she heard the telephone answering machine for the fifth time today. 

 

She was about to call Hyunjung again but then she heard a cry, Jiyeon hastily dropped her phone on the table and ran to her child's room. She carries Hyunji on her arm, an attempt to calm her kid down, which was followed with kisses on the head from time to time, she knew it worked when Hyunji stops crying and hugged her by the neck. 

 

"What's wrong, baby? Are you hurt?" Jiyeon asks, her heart breaking everytime she hears Hyunji sniffs. "Mommy, Mama" The only sentence Hyunji mumbles and Jiyeon already knows what the child means. 

 

"Mama's coming. Do you want to sleep more while waiting for her?" Jiyeon feels Hyunji shaking her head no. She internally sighs as she rubs Hyunji's back.

 

 

Hyunjung immediately went home after seeing Jiyeon's messages and 5 missed call. She opens the door and hurriedly ran to Hyunji's room. There she sees Jiyeon eyes closed sitting on their child's bed and leaning on the headboard, with Hyunji on her arms, head laying comfortably on Jiyeon's shoulder as she rubs circles on Hyunji's back. The kid fell asleep while waiting for Hyunjung. 

 

Jiyeon opens her eyes, she looks tired, and she probably really is. Hyunjung walks to her wife and kid, guilt and worries clearly seen on her eyes. She didn't mean to ignore Jiyeon's calls earlier. She got stuck at a meeting, and one of her clients was being a pain in the that she forgot her phone on her office. 

 

"I'm sorry" Hyunjung says weakly as she sits down in front of Jiyeon. The younger kim doesn't say anything, she's mad at Hyunjung but how could she stay mad when the older is looking at them with so much care and guilt on her eyes, plus she knows Hyunji needs both of her parents the most right now. 

 

Hyunjung leans in to kiss her wife's forehead and suddenly all the anger Jiyeon has, disappeared. The older carefully took Hyunji on her arms. "I know you're tired, rest first. I'll take care of Hyunji, hmm?" Hyunjung says as she stares at their child in her arms with so much care. Hyunjung tears her eyes away from Hyunji and looks at her wife. 

 

Despite being tired, Jiyeon still managed to look adorable. Hyunjung cups Jiyeon's cheek with her right hand which the younger leaned in to. Jiyeon couldn't help but to notice how warm the older's hand is. They stay at that position, Hyunjung having Hyunji on her lap with her hand on Jiyeon's face caressing her softly, before Hyunji stirs in her sleep.

 

"Mama" Hyunji's voice was weak and it shattered both of her parents heart. Removing her hand from Jiyeon's face, Hyunjung held Hyunji tightly. "Yes, baby?" 

 

"I missed you" Hyunji says on Hyunjung's neck, voice muffled and weak. Guilt started to rise up on Hyunjung once more, she had been so busy these days that she never sees Hyunji awake anymore. Always leaving early and going home late. 

 

"I'm sorry, Mama missed you and Mommy too so much" She moves to plant a kiss on top of Hyunji's head. She then frees her other hand to hold Jiyeon's, which shocked the younger who was watching them the whole time. Jiyeon held Hyunjung's hand with both hands before leaning in to Hyunjung's other shoulder, she tucks her head on her wife's neck copying their daughter. 

 

 

Hyunjung cleans the house after she tucks Hyunji  next to Jiyeon. Her wife and kid had fallen asleep on her shoulder earlier, she let's them stay in that position for a while until Hyunji wakes up again. Carefully she let Hyunji down so she can fix Jiyeon's position. She lays Jiyeon down, not forgetting to kiss her forehead before picking Hyunji up again. 

 

The older kim takes care of Hyunji, she struggled feeding Hyunji and making her drink her medicine but she does it anyways, same as cleaning Hyunji up for bed. 

 

She moderately cleaned the house, Hyunjung was never really good at house work. Jiyeon once told her that when she cleans, she always leaves something behind which she agrees on with a pout on her face that Jiyeon kissed away, telling her that it's okay since she tried and that's enough for her. Nonetheless it was tiring to take care of a child and making sure that the house is clean. Hyunjung admires how Jiyeon seems to do it in ease. 

 

Hyunjung lies down next to Hyunji. Closing her eyes, she mumbled a little "Good night, I love you both" before she sleeps. 

 

 

Jiyeon wakes up to a foot landing on her face. She peaks at her daughter. Hyunji had probably rolled in her sleep again. She sits up and fixed her daughter's position when it registered to her that it's only just her and Hyunji, Hyunjung nowhere to be found. 

 

She sighs heavily, trying to get rid of the disappointment that she's feeling. She takes Hyunji's temperature, and relief rises into her body when she sees that it's normal, a very different result from what she had seen yesterday. 

 

Jiyeon stood up, about to make breakfast for her and Hyunji but then she smells pancakes, it took Jiyeon a second before she ran to the kitchen.

 

"Good Morning" Hyunjung smiles. She had just finished cooking breakfast when Jiyeon bursts out of Hyunji's room.

 

"Good Morning" Jiyeon mirrored Hyunjung's smile. Of course, Hyunjung won't leave. 

 

"Come here" The older opened her arms, asking for a hug which Jiyeon easily accepts. She settles there, Hyunjung's chin on top her head while she leans on her wife's chest, she can hear Hyunjung's heartbeat. She had always like listening to the older's heartbeat, always laying her head down on Hyunjung's chest when she has a chance, just listening to her heartbeat. 

 

"I'm sorry. I can't promise that I won't be busy anymore but I promise I will always make time for you and Hyunji" Hyunjung says. Jiyeon doesn't say anything, she knows the older, and Hyunjung never breaks her promises. Instead she lifts her head up to plant a kiss on Hyunjung's jaw then going back to her previous position. From the mean time, she's just gonna stay at Hyunjung's warm embrace, while she'd listening to her heartbeat, before they go on with the day. 

 

 

 

When Hyunji wakes up, she whines about not being apart of her parents embrace when she saw them hugging each other tightly. Hyunjung just chuckles before picking their daughter up and letting her embrace them both for a while. 

 

 

They eat their breakfast with smiles on their faces while they talk to each other, mostly Hyunji. The child tells them story about her school and friends, her parents giving her reactions and comments from time to time that all Hyunji needed to continue. 

 

Both of them looks at Hyunji with so much affection. The child who's now very energetic, very different from the weak Hyunji that can't manage to speak properly yesterday. 

 

Hyunjung notices how Hyunji and Jiyeon shares the same smile. Gums showing when they smile and their eyes turning to crescent to the point that both of them can't see, and Hyunjung couldn't get enough of it. 

 

 

Hyunji even talks about wanting to visit Disney Land since her classmate told them stories about the place. Hyunjung mentally notes to checks for tickets later. 

 

When Hyunji went to the toilet-declining Jiyeon's offer to come with her, saying that she's already a big girl and could do it herself- Hyunjung whispers to Jiyeon, scared that Hyunji might hear them "She definitely has a crush on Yooji" 

 

"What do you mean? Your child is 5" Jiyeon whispered back. "Come on, you know she does! Look at her face when she talks about Minji's kid" Hyunjung says as if it's a matter of fact. She doesn't really mind about her child liking or crushing on someone, especially on Yooji since they're close with her parents, Minji and Yoohyeon. 

 

"No, she likes Jungsoo" 

 

"Sojung and Soobin's son? You are so straight Jiyeon, I hate it" Hyunjung says which was followed with a sigh. 

 

"I literally married your gay " Jiyeon places her hand on top of Hyunjung's. 

 

"Of course you would! No man in this world could ever compare to Kim Hyunjung" The older girl proudly says that earned a slap on her shoulder.

 

"You are so stupid" Jiyeon takes Hyunjung hand again and plays with it. 

 

"What? It's true. I know you love me so much and I love you too so much" Hyunjung kisses Jiyeon's hand, that lead to Jiyeon turning red. 

 

"You are so cute! I love you" Hyunjung bops Jiyeon's nose with her free hand. 

 

"I love you too, idiot" 

 

"What about me?" They turn their head to Hyunji who just came out of the bathroom. Jiyeon and Hyunjung chuckles. 

 

"We love you, baby" Jiyeon says with a smile.  

 

"I love you too, Mommy and Mama!" 

 

"Come here" Hyunjung places Hyunji on her lap with one hand while the other holds Jiyeon's. 

 

 

They spent their whole day at home, playing and watching every movie they could find that was appropriate for Hyunji. It was cozy and Hyunjung would never trade anything for it.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry for any errors!