Sunset

At Home


They both went to the hotel's balcony and exclaimed their excitement as they saw the sky full of colors reflected in the sea.

"This is so cool!" exclaimed Hyukjae.

"It's really amazing." Donghae was silent for a few seconds. "It's so beautiful," he murmured. 

Hyukjae nodded. Donghae couldn't stop looking at the scenery in front of them and Hyukjae didn't want to interrupt him yet. The sky was turning orange, the clouds were deflecting the light. Everything was so calm.

Donghae sighed deeply and Hyukjae looked at him. 

"What are you thinking about?"

Donghae lifted his shoulders. He hugged his boyfriend's arm, seeking his warmth.

He felt a little emotional, beautiful scenery always made him think about his childhood, his family, how grateful he was for everything he had. He bit his lip. 

Hyukjae his hair and Donghae had to break away after a few seconds to wipe away his tears. He was grateful for Hyukjae too.

"There it is," Hyukjae said with a knowing smile on his face, making his boyfriend laugh.

"Why does it keep happening," he joked. 

Hyukjae watched, touched, as Donghae tried to cover his face.

Ever since they knew each other Donghae had so many tears to shed, it was endearing. Seeing him get emotional over things like a beautiful view or children playing made him remember their teenage years, when Donghae was even more sensitive. While they had matured, and gone through some difficulties in life, Donghae's purity of heart was still there. Hyukjae hoped he would never lose that virtue. 

He held his boyfriend's hands and pulled them away from his face. Instead, Hyukjae used his own hands to wipe away his tears. Donghae looked at him with puppy eyes.

Hyukjae combed his hair delicately with his fingers and Donghae smiled softly.

"Do I look bad?" 

Hyukjae shook his head, removing his hands from his boyfriend's face.

"Your eyes are sparkling. I'll never know how you do that."

"Do you think anyone will see us if we cuddle out here?"

Hyukjae laughed and opened his arms.

"Come here, we're leaving tomorrow anyway." 

Donghae smiled and came closer to hug his waist.

Hyukjae put an arm around his shoulders, they both looked at the scenery again.