FINAL

Always Come Home To You

 

 

Jessica has promised Tiffany she will come home no matter what. And she rather died than breaking her promises to Tiffany.

 

That’s why, the moment her soul separated from her own body. She didn’t think much as she sprinted back home. Home to Tiffany.

 

She knows she’s dead. She was running so fast but she noticed how she ran passed through everyone. She knows. She knows that she’s about to break her promise. But she didn’t care, she would make sure to always come back home to Tiffany.

 

Even though it was only her soul that came home.

 

She ran passed through the door. Didn’t bother to open it. Not that her ghostly self can. 

 

She saw Tiffany. The love of her life. Humming happily while cooking. 

 

Jessica loves this sight of Tiffany. Tears were running down on her face the moment she realized she won’t be seeing it anymore.

 

If only she listened to Tiffany to not take the case. Her client was a killer. Yet she was adamant to defend her. How foolish. She couldn’t believe she died at the hand of someone she trusted.

 

Tiffany turned around, away from the stove and went to the dining table. Her hands picked up something.

 

And Jessica felt like she died the second time.

 

It was more painful than the bullet that pierced through her heart before.

 

It was a pregnancy test. And by the look on Tiffany’s face.

 

It's positive.

 

Tiffany is pregnant.

 

Finally.

 

They have been trying for a child for almost a year now. But why now. Why succeed now? When the other mother just lost her life.

 

Suddenly, Tiffany’s phone rang.

 

Jessica’s eyes widened and she begged Tiffany to not answer it. Because she knows who’s calling. For what reason were they calling. She knows. It was because of her.

 

Of her death.

 

Tiffany didn’t hear her begs, of course. And went to pick up the phone.

 

Jessica died the third time that night as she saw Tiffany’s eyes widened, and a hand over . Words of disbelief came out of her.

 

Jessica almost tripped on her own feet as she tried to catch Tiffany who was falling on her knees. Tears donning her beautiful face.

 

Jessica also, already on her knees. Right in front of Tiffany.

 

Screaming words at her, trying to get her attention. Trying to console her. Saying she’s here, in front of her. She’s not going anywhere. She’s here.

 

But of course, Tiffany can’t hear her. And she cried even harder.

 

Jessica too. Cried. As Tiffany’s tears pained her deeply. Her heart felt like it was being twisted, crushed, and shot for the second time, hearing Tiffany’s wail.

 

She tried to wipe her wife’s tears. But it went through Tiffany’s pretty face.

 

Tiffany just cries, and cries. Because her other half is gone now. And Jessica also cries in front of her. Because her other half is crying.

 

Well, at least Jessica did keep her promise. She did go back home to Tiffany, even though only using her soul.

 

----

This story has been in my draft for months, it was supposed to be multi chaptered but I don't want to hurt myself so I just keep it short.