See You Later!

See You Later!
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was always that time of the day. Mino rushed and settled down quietly at the side of the sofa, waiting for a certain someone he had known for a year now.

 

“Hi, Mino!” a skinny black-haired man shouted happily. He put his belongings on the floor, approaching Mino, and sat down on the sofa. He lightly ruffled Mino’s hair and smiled. “How was your day?” He asked, still smiling, the smile that was always worth waiting for.

 

“C’mere,” the man called him and Mino obeyed, slightly leaning his head on the man’s lap. “Ah, your hair smells nice! I was right when I chose that shampoo for you.”

 

The man got off from the sofa (and Mino sadly had to let his head off of the comforting lap to lean on), walking towards the kitchen, and opened the fridge. “Hmm, it seems like my mother came here earlier?” He asked as he took out a small food container from the fridge.

 

Mino answered with a little murmur. He did not need to answer, actually, but he liked to respond to whatever the man asked him.

 

The man rolled up the sleeves of his shirt. He put the food container on the kitchen counter and opened it. “Whoa, galbitang!” He said and immediately transferred the beef short ribs soup into another pot and warmed it by the stove.

 

“Ah, as we wait for the galbitang, I have something for you.” The man said as he took out some oat biscuits from another food container that was not in the fridge. He tore a piece of the biscuit and offered it to Mino. The usual bright smile painted on his face again as he watched Mino eat it up. “You really like my mother’s oat biscuits, don’t you?”

 

The man Mino’s hair again and offered him another little piece of the biscuit. Mino caught the smell of the ribs and the sound of the boiled water from the soup, and so he nudged the man’s hand instead of taking the last bite of the biscuit.

 

“Oh, the galbitang is ready!” The man said.

 

Mino watched the man who was eating quietly. He settled down on his favorite spot in the dining room, beside the man, and curiously peeked at the food. And the man would let out a little chuckle after finding out that he was watching him.

 

Mino did not remember the date and time. He did not know about seasons. But he remembered that it was almost midnight on the snowy day when he crawled under a small blanket, freezing, and there he was, he met the man for the first time. He caught the man’s smile as soon as he felt the warm embrace of the man that day.

 

Mino still did not remember the date and time. But he remembered that it was when the man decided to call him ‘Mino’. He said, “We should give you a name. What name would you like me to call you?” And Mino had no idea what names were for, and he could not answer anyway, so when the man decided to call him Mino, he slig

Please log in to read the full chapter