Fainting - KuroKen

Haikyuu One shots (ships)

Fainting - KuroKen I

Kenma "faints"

The young setter stared at his phone, rereading the messages in the group chat, and trying to picture the prank. He wasn't exactly sure why they were doing this, just that Oikawa claimed it to be fun and that some of the others, including Shoyo, agreed with him. And all those who didn't were convinced one way or another, so he decided to give it a try. Besides, doing the challenge would be easier than escaping Oikawa's nagging to persuade him.

He sighed and turned around to face Kuroo sitting on his bed. The older spend most of his time here with Kenma, even though the setter was almost always playing games online on his pc, while Kuroo studied. If it would have been the other way around Kenma would have been bord, yet Kuroo didn't seem to mind.

The younger was glad about it. Normally he had a hard time with people, somehow they always seemed to know things he didn´t. Not in a way of real knowledge like in books, but in a way of interaction and social norms. Things, like befriending others and knowing how to keep up a conversation, came naturally to them while leaving the blond boy clueless. It was exhausting to play along, so he avoided situations where it would be necessary as far as he could.

But with Kuroo it somehow never felt this way. He never made him feel this way. It was easy.

The way the taller looked at him, loving and tender. Not like he was weird or anything. He loved it and hoped that he could make Kuroo feel the same. Hoped that he was enough.

Even though his thoughts had taken a darker turn, the blond still smiled thinking about his affectionate boyfriend. It made his heartbeat race and a warm tingling sensation ran through his veins.

"What are you thinking about, kitten?" Kuroo asked with a smirk.

He had put the book aside, after looking up to his boyfriend just to find the younger staring at him. A delicate shade of pink filled Kenmas cheeks and he averted his gaze focusing on his hands.

Kuroo chuckled. He loved his cute kitten. Seeing him so flustered made his heart melt and he could feel his own cheeks warming a little.

He was about to answer the setter's reaction with another snide remark, teasing him, as he always did. But he was cut off by his boyfriend, who stood up in an abrupt motion. Kuroo didn´t fail to notice the determination and nervousness in his gaze and he was a little irritated at the sudden change of behavior.

He straightened up his body in a sitting position, observing his love carefully. Something seemed... odd.

He couldn't quite pinpoint the sudden alertness that overcame him. Yet he couldn't shake it off either.
His concern increased as Kenma walked towards him with uncertain steps, slightly wavering as he moved. His eyes that had been so determined seconds ago suddenly appeared glassy and unfocused.

Kuroo reached out for him as soon as he was close enough and pulled the smaller in an embrace. The latter, however, seemed a little startled by his movement and took longer to react than usual.

"Kenma, are you ok?" the captain asked worriedly.
"You don't seem... fine"

The setter looked up at him slowly, his eyes still unfocused and glassy. It looked like he was about to say something as his body suddenly went limp and his eyes shut close.

"Kenma?" he asked, a little anxious.

But the smaller one didn't reply. His head fell back against Kuroo´s arm with his lips parted. He could feel his regular breathing against his skin and saw how the small chest rose and fell again.

He sighed in relief and a breathless laugh escaped his throat.
Kenma was okay, more or less... at least he was alive.

Carefully he lifted the setter´s body and put him into bed properly. He was glad Kenma already wore sweatpants and a hoodie. This way it wouldn't be uncomfortable. Although he also wouldn't mind changing him, he thought smirking to himself.

He did his best to shift Kenma to a comfortable position, putting his head on the pillow and softly brushing the hair out of his face, before covering him with his blanket. It reminded him of the many nights or rather mornings, in which he would put the younger to bed after he had spent the whole night playing games. Of course, completely forgetting that he needed sleep or water or food.

"Have you forgotten to sleep or eat again, kitten?" he asked, amused. But his attempt to make fun of the situation was in vain. The worry was all too prominent in his voice.

"Tetsu..." Kenma whispered.

 

He stretched his fingers out to his boyfriend, only now realizing that they were shaking.

"Hey" the older spoke softly, taking Kenma´s hand in his.
"How are you feeling?"

His eyes were so full of love that it made the other speechless. Only the warm sensation of Kuroo´s hand against his cheek brought him back.

"I... I am- I mean... It's just-" he stumbled searching for the right words to say.

"Hey, shhh. It's okay. I'm sure you must be tired. Rest a little we can talk about this later." The captain leaned forward pressing a gentle kiss, to his forehead.

Kenma was about to protest, but this felt so nice. He leaned into Kuroo´s warm touch and felt how his eyelids started to get heavy.

This was supposed to be a prank, but Kuroo was right: he was tired. Very tired actually. He must have forgotten...

A motion stopped him from drifting off further.

"No don't go..." he muttered.

A low chuckle, then:
"Never intended to, kitten"

He felt the movement of the mattress beside him, heard the rustling sound of the blanket being moved, and then, finally, felt two strong arms pulling him to Kuroo´s chest.
He sighed peacefully before drifting off to sleep.

"Good night, Love"

 

 

Notes:

And the second OS is finished.
I changed the perspectives a little, so what do you think about it?
Should I keep it this way?

Also which shipping should I do next?

Or maybe this one again but the other way around?

Anyways I hope you enjoyed it, and have a nice day :)

Greetings Anneita