Palm Beach, Florida, present day

Mystery in Egypt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is Lee Seok-min calling. Is Hui hyung around? I have a mystery story to tell him.

As most people would expect, I love a good mystery, and I thought I might have unearthed a real cracker to write about, which was why I had put in a call to Lee Hoe-taek, my editor. Hui hyung is also the publisher.

As I waited for Hui hyung to come on the line, I look around my first floor office. Am I completely mad? I wondered.

The last thing I needed right now was another writing project. I already Alex Cross novel on the go, and a Women's Murder Club brewing, plus a Maximum Ride to finish. In fact, there were twenty-four manuscript none of none of them yet completed. Laid out on the expansive that occupies most of my office. I could read some of the titles: Swimsuit, Witch & Wizard, Daniel X, Women's Murder Club 9, Worst Case..

"I am completely crazy, aren't I?" I said as Hui hyung came on the line. Hui hyung is a calm and calming presence, very smart, and a wonderful father who knows how to handle children-like me-most of the time. Over the
Years we have become a good fit and have turned out more than a dozen number-one best sellers together.

"Of course you re crazy, but why the phone call?" he asked. 'Why aren't you writing?"

"I have an idea."

"Only one?"

"I really like this one, hyung. Let me talk at you for a minute. Since you seem to know everything about everything, you are probably aware that a collection

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter