Fin

Luckily Unlucky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“, sorry!” a girl wearing a white sweater frantically said to the clerk when she knocked some jar of jams on the grocery store. The clerk looked at the jar of jams and went back to the girl.

 

“It’s alright, we can just add the price on your items. Is that okay?” the clerk politely suggested.

 

“I-I guess it’s alright…” the girl looked at her sweater.

 

It was a mess. 

‘This looks like it’s going to stain forever.’ The girl lamented as she looked at her white clothes.

 

“KANG SEULGI!” the girl heard her name and looked at the source of the voice. It was her friend, Wendy. Her friend approached her with a horrified expression.

“OH MY GOSH, WHO DID YOU MURDER THIS TIME?”

 

The girl, Seulgi, sighed as she pointed out the broken jar of jams on the floor.

 

“Oh.” Wendy said as she realized what happened, she just shrugged and checked on Seulgi, “Are you okay? No broken glass on you?”

 

Seulgi shook her hands lightly to remove some sticky red jams that got into her, “Nope.”

 

When Seulgi looked at Wendy, the girl looked like she’s on the verge of tearing up, Seulgi was about to say, ‘Don’t worry, I’m fine.’ However, she saw that Wendy’s shoulders were shaking as she was fighting a grin to come on her face. She frowned. Wendy looked at her apologetically as a series of laughter burst out of her.

 

“I-I’m sorry… it’s just…You looked like a zombie right now.” Wendy put her hands on as she laughed.

 

“Oh, I want to go home right now.” Seulgi sighed, trying to salvage her dignity away from the eyes of people who saw the ‘CRIME SCENE’.

 

“Alright,” Wendy observed Seulgi.

 

“I’m sorry to cut your shopping short,” Seulgi said and Wendy shook her head.

 

“It’s my fault. I asked you even when you already said ‘No’.” Wendy meant no offense however, Seulgi was disappointed with herself.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Days like this seems like a normal day for Seulgi.

From dropping her phone on her face like a daily routine, spilling food on her clothes to losing random stuff...She often loses things even in her sleep! Kang Seulgi considered herself unlucky/the clumsiest girl in the entire universe. She sometimes has random bruises that she forgot where and when she got them. Not dropping something is a very rare occasion.

A wet floor is an enemy.

Some of her friends constantly fear being a victim of her unintentional actions. Like her friend Joy for example, who fell face-first on the wet floor when Seulgi ‘unintentionally' tumbled down accidentally pushing her too in the process. Her friends are so used to her actions that they no longer feel bad about it, they just laughed along with it. All her friends have hilarious snaps or videos of her clumsiness.

She's capable of falling on almost anything. She says 'Ouch' 'Sorry' 'Oh ’ like a mantra.

Her friends often would ask her to do something, but they remember how clumsy she is, they would say 'Never mind,' then ask another person to do it. It’s just in this case, her friend Wendy finds Seulgi trustworthy and wants Seulgi to feel she’s a normal person aside from being ‘clumsy’ all the time. After countless times of asking Seulgi to accompany her to a furniture shop, Seulgi finally said ‘Yes.’

She enters a furniture shop with Wendy who asked her to tag along (because none of their competent friends is available). Seulgi thought. She thought being clumsy makes her incompetent all her life, but Wendy would always tell her that being clumsy is cute. She appreciates Wendy and all their friends, and she felt quite sorry for the girl’s trust in her.

It didn’t help when they walked towards the fragile section where plates are located. Seulgi felt as if she entered a battlefield full of mines. She tried to stay as close as possible towards Wendy to avoid unwanted collision on objects and troubling someone about it. It took an hour until Wendy was finished with her furniture shopping.

Seulgi thought she survived; it was like a miracle but it didn’t last long when Wendy asked her another thing.

 

“Is it okay if you come with me to do my groceries?”

 

Seulgi thought for a while before she reluctantly answered, “Yes.” The answer she regrets the most, but it’s too late now.

 

So, here stands Seulgi in a grocery store with red jams on her clothes.

‘What a lucky day!’ she closed her eyes and grimaced.

 

On their way home, Wendy and Seulgi were walking peacefully until Seulgi saw a cute dog that distracted her strands.

 

“Oh, cutie...Ouch!”

 

She often trips on the sidewalks and pretends like nothing happened (even though it hurts sometimes). It's just today, she couldn't pretend anymore because it hurts like mother fcker.

Her ankles were dislocated and badly sprained.

Wendy immediately looked after Seulgi as she saw the pained expression in her friend’s eyes.

 

“Oh god, are you fine?”

 

“Wendy… if I die today, tell my parents I love them. And take care of my dog...please,” Seulgi jokingly said in light of the situation and Wendy huffed. She checked Seulgi’s ankle and she shook her head.

 

“You’re hurt. And it seems quite serious. We’re going to the hospital.”

 

Seulgi hated hospitals. She hated more the way she looks right now. Red jams all over with dislocated ankles. Passersby must be thinking she’s crazy.

 

“I-I’ll be fine…”

 

“That’s a lie! We’re going to get you checked. Come with me.” Wendy glared at her friend, Seulgi looked at her clothes and back at Wendy.

 

“In red jams? Wendy, I look like right now.” Seulgi whined as tears came out of her eyes due to pain.

 

“Seulgi, the hospital is not a blind date spot. You can look like and go there without any trouble and that won’t looks bad…” Wendy pertained to her injury.

 

“I guess… you’re right.”

 

Luckily, a cab was parked nearby.

 

“Taxi!” Wendy called out.

 

“Cab, miss?” the taxi driver asked. Wendy helped Seulgi up and nodded her head.

 

“To RV Hospital, please.”

 

‘I could go to the hospital while looking like and no one would care.’ Seulgi thought as she went inside the taxi with the help of Wendy.

 

When they arrived at the emergency room, Seulgi was assisted by some nurses and asked her to sit in the wheelchair.

 

“What happened?” a nurse asked, and Wendy told them everything but the nurse seems to have missed some words due to loud commotions around them.

 

“Doctor Bae will come shortly. Please wait for a while. Companions can wait in the waiting area.” the nurse said.

 

“Are you going to be okay?” Wendy asked Seulgi.

 

“I’ll be fine,” Seulgi assured.

 

“Alright, I’ll be staying in the waiting area.”

 

“I’m sorry, Wendy.”

 

“It’s alright.”

 

***

 

Seulgi was immediately taken to the hospital emergency bed.

 

Five minutes later, a doctor came in rushing. “Hi, I’m doctor Bae Irene. And I will be in charge of treating your wound.”

 

The doctor looked at Seulgi, gave her patient a quick scan. “Oh, God.” Irene let out a soft gasp as her eyes widened. “What happened? Did you report this to the police?”

 

"What?" Seulgi was beyond confused.

 

"Were you stabbed on your abdomen?"

 

The doctor acted swiftly as she went on the procedure.

 

“N-No… I was just…o-oh,” The doctor immediately looked at Seulgi’s tummy to provide first aid; she cut some portion of Seulgi's sweater however, she saw no injuries on it. Seulgi started to have an internal panic.

 

'Holy God, what is happening?'

 

“Weird, you have blood all over but no cuts?” the doctor mummed as she was thinking while looking at Seulgi.

 

“As I was saying… uh, these are jams.” Seulgi embarrassedly stated as her cheeks were burning red. She had a good look on the doctor’s face.

 

Wendy lied, you cannot go to the hospital looking like because this doctor is hot, like super-hot, and Seulgi is just a… clumsy girl who was thought to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter