fin.

Favorite
Please log in to read the full chapter

Nayoung was sound asleep before her phone went off disturbing it. At first she didn't hear it, but eventually after the third time it went off, she woke up and stared at her phone in confusion.

"Didn't I put it on alarm mode only?"

She checked and she didn't.

"Wow."

Nayoung looked over to see if her roommate, Chaeyeon, was still asleep, but she was gone.

"Does she have an early class today? I thought it was cancelled."

Just then her mobile device went off again and she answered it after seeing it was one of her male friends, Beomgyu.

"Hello?"

"I'm on my way."

"Wait, what?"

"Just kidding, but do you have a bra that you no longer use and are willing to give it up. No questions asked?"

The person on the other side asked, causing Nayoung to raise a brow.

"Excuse me?"

"I want your bra, Nayoung. Give it to me. I'll be on my way if you get it ready."

Beomgyu demanded seriously as Nayoung rolled her eyes.

"Shut up, Beomgyu. I'm not getting anything ready. The last time I gave you one you gave me back another girl's bra."

"I said I was sorry."

"It wasn't even the same size or color."

"I said I would buy you a replacement."

"Which I'm still waiting for, my dude."

"I'm working on it, but I really need it."

There was a pause before another familiar voice spoke.

"Can you make it two, Nayoung?"

"Ugh, Taehyun. I thought you were better than this."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Both males asked a second later as Nayoung groaned.

"I'm going back to bed. Talk to me after I wake up."

"Fine. We'll see you in class." The duo responded and Nayoung hung up with a loud sigh.

"So annoying."

Not a moment later did her hand phone ring again that she gruffly answered the caller believing it to be either Beomgyu or Taehyun again.

"What?"

"Sheesh. Who peed in your cereal this morning?"

Another male answered.

"That's nasty, Kai." Nayoung replied as she sat up in bed knowing she wasn't going to be able to fall back asleep and should've silenced her phone after Beomgyu had called her.

"What do you want so early in the morning?"

"Why are you so grouchy, huh?"

"Beomgyu and Taehyun called me earlier to help them with that Scavenger Hunt for Beta Heta Mu."

"That doesn't mean you can take it out on me, Nayoung."

"True, but you also call me when you want to bother me, too, especially if you're partaking in on this hunt as well."

"Rude, but true. Anyways, I'm not participating in the scavenger hunt, but I was gonna invite you out for breakfast though. And since you want to sleep then I'll leave you alone to enjoy that."

"Breakfast where?"

"Oh, now she wants to play nice."

Nayoung rolled her eyes hearing the sarcasm in her friend's voice.

"Shut up, Kai. You still owe me from last time, the other time before that, and that time before that, too."

Kai groaned.

"You're still keeping tabs on that? That was like weeks ago."

"Yeah, because you supposedly forgot your wallet or had no money those times and guess who had to pay."

"I did forget it and I was low on funds. So what?"

Kai hurriedly changed the topic.

"Anyways, this is my treat to you this time. Whatever you want."

Nayoung grew suspicious.

"What's the catch?"

"There's no catch."

"There's always a catch when you want to treat me."

Kai scoffed, but went back to the main point of why he called.

"So yes or no to breakfast?"

"Yes. Text me and I'll meet you."

"Already did and I'm on my way."

"Brat."

Kai laughed as he hung up and Nayoung went to get ready for the day.

"I knew it was a set up."

Nayoung commented when her eyes met with a schoolmate, Soobin, instead of Kai's.

Soobin chuckled as he glanced at her.

"What's a set up? I thought we were all meeting for breakfast?"

"Kai didn't mention a third party."

Soobin shrugged with a smile.

"He mentioned you to me."

"I bet."

Nayoung rolled her eyes before giving Soobin a once over.

"Anyways, then where is the one that invited us?"

"Dunno."

"You guys are the best of friends."

"Doesn't mean I keep tabs on him or whatever."

"Mmhmm. Right."

Nayoung leaned back in her seat and crossed her arms over her chest shooting Soobin a knowing look. He imitated her posture, but he had on an amused expression instead. The two stared at one another for a good few seconds before Soobin broke the silence.

"Don't give me that look, Nayoung."

"What look, Soobin?"

"The one you're giving to me now."

"What about it?"

"I thought I was your favorite person?"

"Hardly."

Nayoung continued to stare at him as Soobin chuckled nervously.

"Stop looking like you wanna kill me, Nayoung."

"Oh, it's not you I wanna kill, today. It's your friend."

Soobin casually leaned forward.

"He's your friend, too, but don't kill him yet. I still need him to pass this semester and you can kill me after I graduate."

"Fine."

Nayoung relaxed her posture.

"Anyways, why are you here? Don't you have a class right now?"

"Kai invited me and I can't say no. Besides, I mainly came for the bread."

Soobin grinned as Nayoung scoffed.

"You can buy bread anywhere, Soobin, and you can always say no to the invite."

"But I love the ones here and why would I say no when I get to see the lovely face of my favorite person, too."

He grinned as she made a disgusted face with Soobin chuckling afterwards.

"Anyways, so I was wondering if-"

Nayoung interrupted him.

"No."

"But you don't know what I was gonna ask."

"After what happened last time, Soobin, I don't wanna be involved again."

She narrowed her eyes when Soobin opened his mouth to explain and she didn't want to hear it.

"Save it. I'm not gonna let you use me again to which I didn't even agree those last times. You put me on the spot each time and it's not cool."

"I get it. I'm sorry." Soobin apologized with a genuine expression.

"It was selfish of me to use you as my pretend girlfriend, but you happened to be conveniently there at my time of need all those times."

Nayoung scoffed with a roll of her eyes

"So were others that would have loved to play pretend, Choi Soobin."

"I trusted you the most."

"We're only mutuals and not even friends if I was to be honest. Yewon, Yuna, and Eunbi were there, too. You could've used them over me."

"You were closer." Soobin reasoned.

Nayoung rolled her eyes, giving up on trying to pull the truth out of him while standing up and collecting her things.

"Whatever. I'm gonna order and take it to go before class."

"Oh, c'mon, Nayoung. My company's not that bad."

"Not really you, per se, Soobin, but those involved around you I'm not close with."

"Wow."

Nayoung shrugged with a smile before walking away. Soobin let out a defeated sigh.

"Guys, I just sat down. Can you give me a minute?"

Nayoung informed Taehyun and Beomgyu as the pair each took a seat beside her.

"No." The duo answered as Nayoung groaned.

"What do you want?"

"You already know what I want."

Beomgyu answered with a smug look.

"If you give me what I want, then I'll leave you alone."

"Dude, you can practically ask any other girl to do what you're asking me to do. So go do it."

"It's not the same. They're expecting a date or something afterwards. You don't think that of me."

"I wonder why, but that's not my problem."

"Aren't we brother and sister due to our fraternity and sorority being associated with one another?"

Taehyun asked as Nayoung eyed him.

"Other Nu Tau Zeta members exist. Hell, you could've asked Eunbi, Yerin, or Sojung to help you guys out instead of me."

"Well, they already helped with some of the tasks and wouldn't help anymore." Taehyun informed as Nayoung rolled her eyes.

"Y'all need more female friends. Shouldn't be that hard since y'all have quite a bunch of fangirls."

"Like I mentioned earlier in case you forgot-"

Nayoung interrupted Beomgyu.

"I didn't forget."

He continued like he didn't get interrupted.

"They don't want to be just friends, Nayoung. They want to be something more."

"Not my problem. I helped y'all last time, but received nothing."

She glared at Beomgyu.

"And you better have bought me a new bra already. Like for real."

"I got you, Nayoung. Don't worry."

Beomgyu set a white rectangular box onto the table.

"Here you go and you're welcome."

Nayoung inspected the present, but frowned upon seeing the incorrect size. She shut the box and passed it back to her friend.

"What's wrong? You don't like the color?"

Beomgyu asked worriedly as she shot him a look.

"The color's fine, but it's the wrong size, Beomgyu, again."

"How can that be? I double checked."

"It's the same size as the one that you tried to give me that wasn't even mine. You're hopeless."

"Haha, I knew it." Taehyun laughed while pointing a finger at his friend.

"I told you that wasn't her size."

"Shut up." He blankly stared at the box.

"What should I do with it?"

"Give it to one of your fangirls and you can complete the tasks faster."

Nayoung mused as Beomgyu elbowed her with a sheepish look.

"Stop."

Nayoung attended her next class as she settled herself towards the back of the classroom. She brought out her materials to review for the practice test on Monday. If she did super well on the test, then the professor would allow for the practice test to help bump up their grades to replace a previous test that they scored poorly on. Too focused on the reading material she didn't notice Kai joining her with him placing a dual boba cup near her. It wasn't until she felt a poke to her side and slowly turned to look at a smiling Kai.

"I'm not talking to you." She stated while returning back to reading again as Kai rolled his eyes.

"Don't be so dramatic. My peace offering is your favorite drink."

He pushed the drink closer to her and she automatically took a hold of it to drink both flavors before putting it down again.

"I'm still not gonna

Please log in to read the full chapter