fin

Countdown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo never liked men. All her life, it's always been girls. Her playmate when she was 4. Her seatmate when she was 7. Her neighbor when she was 12. That cute girl scout when she was 15. Her first love when she was 18. Her first girlfriend when she was 19. That girl playing bass on their intramurals when she was 20 and her 3 girlfriends for the past 2 years. 

 

Momo's now 22 and all those heart breaks are not getting any better. 

 

"Come on Mo, we did not came here to mope. We came here to have fun!" Her best friend Sana encouraged as she poured her a drink that Nayeon made (with the supervision of Jihyo, of course).

 

"I just didn't get it. Sowon's clearly giving me motives and yet when I asked her out she said no because apparently I've been flirting with someone straight for the past 3 weeks! Ugh!" Momo lets out, flailing her hands in the air as she fell unto the banana cushion their cottage offered. 

 

Nayeon and Sana clicked their tongues, "This is what I hate about straights. They're hot but they can also run your identity over." 

 

"And that is why we shall have drinks!" Jeongyeon, Momo's room mate swayed the bottle of jack and soju in front of them. 

 

"Shall? Seriously? Is that the best you can do to up your literacy rate Jeong?" 

 

Momo can already feel a headache coming her way when Nayeon said that. It was definitely a questionable decision to invite the both of them in one place.

 

"Shut up peasant." Jeongyeon replied which earned her a kick from Nayeon. 

 

The kick sent Jeongyeon forward, hitting Sana, who's taking selfies on her phone, out of the way. 

 

"Ya! I already got the perfect angle!" Sana whined. 

 

Momo massaged her temple before turning to her best friend, "Oh shut up. It's always the same damn angle!" 

 

"Shut up or I'll break your necks if I have to." Jihyo was focusing on making fire for their grilled meat but her unnies aren't making her job easier. 

 

Nayeon, Sana and Jeongyeon immediately shut their mouth while Momo just released an exasperated sigh. 

 

The five of them are in a beach enjoying their weekend. They're all having a break: Sana and Nayeon from academics, Jeongyeon from sports, Jihyo from responsibilities and Momo from a recent disappointment. 

 

Their cottage is located on a slightly elevated place which gave them a very nice view of the beach and the people enjoying it (specifically the girls). 

 

"Too much girls and disappointments, don't you think this is a sign that I should try boys now?" What Momo said literally stopped every inch of movements in their cottage. 

 

"Pfft." Jeongyeon and Nayeon were the first ones to burst out laughing. 

 

Sana took a shot and offered Momo a glass while Jihyo just stared at her as if she's out of her mind. 

 

"Mo, you've been gay since birth. Your mother told us you won't let go of your Neo Nurse's hand." Sana giggled to mask the fact that burned with that shot. 

 

"But hey if Momo wants to make a choice in trying out her next shot at love with a guy then we don't have a say in that. I'm not saying this just because I'm the only biual here but because sometimes the only way to know what a disappointment feels like is to experience a real one." 

 

Momo rolled her eyes at Jihyo's response. The thomas is always the trigger for moberty to surface and this made Jeongyeon snicker. 

 

"Is this what kids these days refer to as something like, 'Oh you had us in the first half.' because now I see." Nayeon spoke before letting Sana adjust her swim wear. 

 

"No seriously.." Jeongyeon wiped a tear before sitting beside her roomie, "..try it out. I dare you Mo." 

 

"You're crazy Jeong~" Nayeon said in a sing-song voice.

 

"You know what? Let your rage out Mo." Sana handed her another drink. 

 

Momo stared at it for second before grabbing it and chugging it down in one gulp. 

 

"That's what I'm talking about!" Jeongyeon whistled. 

 

"Just because you're pretty, hot and can have any creature you want doesn't mean you can hurt me! I'm Hirai...Hirai Momo!" Momo yelled out in the open. 

 

Jihyo can only shake her head as she watched the three others cheering for her. 

 

"I've had enough of heart breaks! I just wanted love is it that hard to get from fellow girls?!" Momo yelled again, this time with a hint of irritation.

 

"Speak it bestie!"

"You go say it!"

"Periodism!" 

 

"I have decided! I'll count from 10 and by the time I'll reach 1. I'm over girls! I'm dating boys I don't care!" 

 

Momo's statement made the four of them—even Jihyo laugh but Jeongyeon continued her supportive friend agenda that's why she started the countdown in her stead. 

 

"Countdown to Het Momo starts in 10! 9!.."

 

"Yes that's right! I'll be walking the straight path from now on!" 

 

"8...7...6.."

 

Momo nodded and raised her shot glass. 

 

"5..4.."

 

Momo was serious. She had almost 4 shots but she's still far from wasted. She's thinking straight (no pun intended and not literally yet). Nayeon had once told her that love can be found in anyone and Momo chose to believe in that. 

 

"3..2...1"

 

At this point Momo's already counting down with them, raising her glass out of their window as she yelled the last number. 

 

"Happy Het—!"

 

"I'M STILL GAY! OH MY GOSH WHO THE HELL IS THAT WHITE STUFF?!" 

 

Jeongyeon was fast enough to catch Momo's legs and pull her back before completely falling out od the window. Apparently Momo leaned forward a bit too much, squealing at the sight in front of her. 

 

Jihyo laughed when Nayeon rolled her eyes and took a shot as a price for losing their quick bet. After Jihyo's speech, Nayeon can't believe the usually rational one deceived her like that. 

 

Sana almost pushed Momo back outside as she squints her eye scanning the view, "Where????"

 

A series of laughs can be heard faintly from their position gaining all of their attention, including Jihyo and Nayeon from the back.

 

"Take off your shirt Dubs! You lost the game!"

"And that's on putting your whole confidence on your non-existent athleticism."

 

Momo can see how 'Dubs' rolled her eyes before she swiftly pulled out her shirt leaving her with only her undergarment plus shorts (though it's more of like a sport's bra kind of thing) revealing how toned her abdomen is. 

 

"I heard her tall friend! I did it gays! I know her name is Dubs and I'm going to need her number!" Momo declared, raising a finger which accidentally poked Sana's eye. 

 

"Fuc—mmghm!"

 

A ricecake has been shoved into Sana's mouth by a grinning Nayeon while telling her Jihyo, their youngest is watching only to get cursed at by Jihyo herself. 

 

"Dubs might just be her nickname Mo and I don't think you have the privileges yet to call her that." Jeongyeon muttered, swirling the drink on her hand as she continued to watch the four friends playing beach volley. 

 

"Pfft that's not a problem. I won't be calling her Dubs anyways. It's going to be cchl my beloved~." Momo said and sighed dreamily while Jeongyeon's brow shot up.

 

"Cchl?" 

 

"Cotton candy honey lemon. Ugh Yoo Jeongyeon weren't you listening to her earlier?" Sana groaned, still rubbing her eye when Jihyo swats her hand away. 

 

"What?! Those are just your soulmates things! I may of have had too much drink already but I assure you I can still remember how Momo screamed in gay earlier!" Jeongyeon defends. 

 

They went silent once again when Nayeon shushed them and gestured to 'Dubs' and her friends. 

 

"This is so unfair! I've been shirtless since the moment I got here but only Dahyun gets the stares!"

"That's so bold Chae. For you to say that in front of Mina-unnie. I'm...wow."

"If you badly want someone staring at you while being shirtless then you should've just filmed yourself and upload it online."

"That's a great id—Ow! Minarin that's a joke!" 

 

Momo inhaled sharply when Dahyun served the ball with a spike. It's the way her upper arm contracted as her sweat glistened. 

 

Before she can say anything close to embarrassment, Momo turned around and looked at them, "Yep I definitely need her number." 

 

Jihyo's gummy smile resurfaced as an idea popped into her mind. 

~

 

"I'm still quite amazed how we're able to drag Mina-unnie out of her dungeon for beach. Beach! Where a lot of people are usually seen." 

 

Dahyun chuckled at Tzuyu who's trying to make a point, "Ever since Chae became her girlfriend. Mina has been making efforts to go out wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter